Author Topic: ABC Launches Full Episode Streaming  (Read 5610 times)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Re: ABC Launches Full Episode Streaming
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 01:17:58 pm »
Just to toss something out there, the radio was replaced in popularity by the TV, but it's still there; I think in much the same way computers will become the dominant media center for TV/Music/maybe games one day.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 10:11:42 pm »
It's not that I was trying to make you look dumb.  You made a broad, generalized statement that has little if anything to do with reality. 

Then what are you attempting to accomplish?  I assume that you understand what I was trying to get accross.

It had an implied scope.  I'd hoped that you, of all people, would be able to recognize that.

Technologically speaking, we already use the same infrastructure for a lot of the varied services.  In my area, the phone company delivers phone service over the same lines they use to deliver broadband internet and digital cable.  The same phone company also offers satellite TV and DirectWay. 

Yeah, but those aren't the only companies.  I'm saying I don't think the internet will ever replace the TV network.

Whether you'd like to admit it, or whether you'd like to say you're "in a different context," you're wrong about not using the same infrastructure for multiple commodities.  It happens all the time, in countless situations, from delivering real goods to soft services.

I've already admitted it.  If I haven't, I meant to.  It just seems pointless to argue about something like this when it's obvious what I was talking about.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 10:31:29 pm »
I declare me the winner of this debate for coming up with the best solution ever.
errr... something like that...