Author Topic: Who is your hero?  (Read 6187 times)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Re: Who is your hero?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 11:38:29 am »
After having to read the book "Dresden", it was pretty clear in my mind that Germany could have easily dominated the modern world as it is today.

If it wasn't for the U.S. stepping in, Germany would have taken over all of Europe and probably Russia.

They were forced in if I rember. If it wasent for the Japenses are their retarded act to bomb peral harbor I think Hitler could have easily taken over half the world.

My teacher was reading us something on the internet that came from Hitlers own mouth while he was talking to one of his SS men. He stated that He envyed Canada and The US for the econmy and their way of life. Iam sure if the stupid Japs didnt attack us, hell Hitler and bush could probally be having lunch right now for all we know.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »
They were forced in if I rember. If it wasent for the Japenses are their retarded act to bomb peral harbor I think Hitler could have easily taken over half the world.
I think that Germany would have been severely slowed down if other things had been equal and we had not gone in.  IIRC the Battle of Britain was won without us, and the fact that the Nazis failed so miserably in the invasion of the Soviet Union really crippled them.  That and D-Day were the two largest Axis defeats IMHO -- not the nuke in Japan or any of the other big military victories.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 01:50:21 pm »
After having to read the book "Dresden", it was pretty clear in my mind that Germany could have easily dominated the modern world as it is today.

If it wasn't for the U.S. stepping in, Germany would have taken over all of Europe and probably Russia.

My teacher was reading us something on the internet that came from Hitlers own mouth while he was talking to one of his SS men. He stated that He envyed Canada and The US for the econmy and their way of life. Iam sure if the stupid Japs didnt attack us, hell Hitler and bush could probally be having lunch right now for all we know.
I seriously doubt that, I'm quite sure we were somewhat involved in the war pre-pearl harbor.
We didnt want england to go bye bye

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 02:24:15 pm »
I seriously doubt that, I'm quite sure we were somewhat involved in the war pre-pearl harbor.
We were involved, but only industrially and economically.  We were not fighting at all in the war pre-Pearl Harbor, and we did not even become very economically involved until the Lend-Lease Act on March 11, 1941 (source).  I was also correct about the Battle of Britain (note that the Lend-Lease Act was signed near the end of the BoB). 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 02:33:21 pm »
We were involved, but only industrially and economically.  We were not fighting at all in the war pre-Pearl Harbor, and we did not even become very economically involved until the Lend-Lease Act on March 11, 1941 (source).  I was also correct about the Battle of Britain (note that the Lend-Lease Act was signed near the end of the BoB). 
Yeah, thats what I should've said

Interesting thing I saw the other day, Britain finished paying the Lend-Lease debt off like a week ago (as what I saw on Fark)....I think

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 10:13:25 am »
They could've won DDay if Hitler hadn't been stupid, I mean they had everything..the terrain, firepower, etc.
We just had numbers, unexperienced soldiers, luck, and courage.

Hitler iirc took REALLY long to even make a retalliation order.

I also think that invading russia was one of the dumbest things he could of done, iirc wasn't Soviet Union part of russia initially?

One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 01:06:42 pm »
They could've won DDay if Hitler hadn't been stupid, I mean they had everything..the terrain, firepower, etc.
We just had numbers, unexperienced soldiers, luck, and courage.

Hitler iirc took REALLY long to even make a retalliation order.

I also think that invading russia was one of the dumbest things he could of done, iirc wasn't Soviet Union part of russia initially?
Strictly speaking, Russia was part of the SU.  However, we just generally equate the two.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 09:15:21 pm »
It wasn't stupid to invade russia, he just did it at a stupid time. He knew how harsh the winters were, if he had waited for a season change his soldiers wouldn't have gotten their asses kicked by the weather just as much as russia. I think he definately could have done it.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 02:08:47 am »
Hitler and Stalin had a .. not an aliance, but like an contract saying that they wouldn't fight each other 'til Adi went off the deep end and attacked the USSR.

And @ Warriors comment on D Day; it took so long for him to respond because he was asleep and no one wanted to wake the fuehrer with out like.. a 20 foot stick and an anti-stove coat.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 10:07:32 am »
It wasn't stupid to invade russia, he just did it at a stupid time. He knew how harsh the winters were, if he had waited for a season change his soldiers wouldn't have gotten their asses kicked by the weather just as much as russia. I think he definately could have done it.

Well I think that opened up opportunity for him to be hit hard from both sides..but eventually he would of done it. I doubt hitler would have kept relations with Mussoulini for long either.

And yea I generally relate russia and some smaller countries around it to the SU it just would of been impractical to list them all.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling