Author Topic: Post your classes next year!  (Read 27100 times)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Re: Post your classes next year!
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2006, 09:31:31 pm »
Because we have to take Algebra 2 to graduate from High School.  And then they listen to the counselors who tell them to take math all 4 years and finish AP calc.  Our counselors are idiots.
Well, the counselors are only telling students to take it in the best interest of the student.  Many colleges look to see if you were willing to continue to learn or just slack off during your senior year.
errr... something like that...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2006, 10:04:20 pm »
Well, the counselors are only telling students to take it in the best interest of the student.  Many colleges look to see if you were willing to continue to learn or just slack off during your senior year.
I went to see my counselor one day about scheduling something for next year (something I completely forgot about, but that's irrelevant).  I've already posted my registered classes for next year so I won't do it again.  Basically my counselor spent twenty minutes telling me why my schedule is wrong, blah blah blah, how I shouldn't work so hard, blah blah blah, I'm going to burn out.  I replied with one simple phrase "I know what I'm doing." and it shut her up.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2006, 10:26:32 pm »
*shrugs*

My boss was valedictorian and took some pretty difficult courses in high school.  He said he'd never do it that way again. :\

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2006, 10:38:07 pm »
I went to see my counselor one day about scheduling something for next year (something I completely forgot about, but that's irrelevant).  I've already posted my registered classes for next year so I won't do it again.  Basically my counselor spent twenty minutes telling me why my schedule is wrong, blah blah blah, how I shouldn't work so hard, blah blah blah, I'm going to burn out.  I replied with one simple phrase "I know what I'm doing." and it shut her up.
Now that is BS.  Our old counselor did that.  Students would ask how hard a class was, and if it was hard, he would advise them against taking it.  It pisses me off to hear how counselors are almost discouraging learning. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2006, 11:14:25 pm »
Now that is BS.  Our old counselor did that.  Students would ask how hard a class was, and if it was hard, he would advise them against taking it.  It pisses me off to hear how counselors are almost discouraging learning. 

My counselor put me in college prep Spanish/math this year. That fucking bitch. I hated those motherfucking classes.

Anyway, this year I told her I'm doing all AP and she didn't say a word. Bitch.

And they encourage you to take easier classes because it'll be easier for you to get an A which means teachers get paid more! :D
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2006, 11:25:11 pm »
And they encourage you to take easier classes because it'll be easier for you to get an A which means teachers get paid more! :D
Who cares what the grade is if the students aren't learning anything?  The point of the education system is for students to learn, and grades are supposed to be an accurate measure of that.  However, grades don't mean much anymore, at least that was the case in my high school.  There were students who maintained an A in AP Calculus because of the way the teacher graded.  People could miss all but one or two questions on  multiple choice tests and still receive a 79% on them.  Then, the students could do test corrections to get 2/3 of the points they missed back; he told us the answers to the tests.

Basically, if you enrolled in AP Calculus, you were guaranteed an A.  You weren't, however, guaranteed any knowledge from the class.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2006, 11:26:18 pm »
Who cares what the grade is if the students aren't learning anything? 

Greedy teacher fucks. That's who cares. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.