Author Topic: The DaVinci Code  (Read 11983 times)

trust

Re: The DaVinci Code
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 09:02:05 pm »
It was an interesting movie. However, it started to keep going and going towards the end.

What? Did you want it to stop before the end?

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 01:01:45 am »
It was an interesting movie. However, it started to keep going and going towards the end.
What? Did you want it to stop before the end?
It just drug out.  I never said the movie was bad.  I just feel that the conclusion took way too long.  The conclusion moved at a slower pace than most of the movie, and whenever movies slow down that much, I get bored. 

Add some shooting, explosions, and car chases and it would be better. :P
errr... something like that...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 10:25:40 am »
Jesus getting chased by mounties on his really fast donkey. Woo!

I tell you the truth, the son of man was never married. If that were not true, I would have told you so.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 04:54:13 pm »
Who's going to believe, of all people you, when talking about a 2,000 year old man nobody alive has ever met?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 06:32:18 pm »
Believe what you want to, I really don't care rabbit. We're discussing this movie, and if you don't want to discuss this movie, then why don't you post in a thread that's not about this movie instead of trolling after me just to piss me off? Thanks.

Back on topic, if I understand correctly, the DaVinci Code states that Jesus was married to Mary, his mother, which would make him a sinner for breaking the laws of Deuteronomy 22, reguarding sexual purity.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 06:51:40 pm »
Believe what you want to, I really don't care rabbit. We're discussing this movie, and if you don't want to discuss this movie, then why don't you post in a thread that's not about this movie instead of trolling after me just to piss me off? Thanks.

Back on topic, if I understand correctly, the DaVinci Code states that Jesus was married to Mary, his mother, which would make him a sinner for breaking the laws of Deuteronomy 22, reguarding sexual purity.

You don't. . He was supposedly married to Mary Magdolin (probably spelled wrong). 

From what I understand, there is a lot in the bible as her following them around, but it didn't mention anything about the relationship between her and Jesus.  A few hundred years later, the Church went back and said that she was a prostitute who had redeemed herself.  There was nothing in the bible about that, as far as anybody can tell the Church basically invented that. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 08:37:35 pm »
iago's correct.  The Da Vinci code (and similar theories) say he's married to Mary Magdalen--that's not his mother.

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 11:28:35 pm »
Jesus being married would violate a great deal of sacrements; would his offspring be divine? demi-gods?

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 02:08:40 am »
Jesus being married would violate a great deal of sacrements; would his offspring be divine? demi-gods?
If I'm not mistaken, the movie said that Jesus was just a mere mortal.  He didn't rise from the grave and whatnot; the church apparently added that in to make Jesus seem to be much, much more. 
errr... something like that...

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 06:12:58 pm »
Jesus getting chased by mounties on his really fast donkey. Woo!

I tell you the truth, the son of man was never married. If that were not true, I would have told you so.
Shut the fuck up.  You went off-topic first.

More than one person can be named 'Mary'.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 10:35:54 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, the movie said that Jesus was just a mere mortal.  He didn't rise from the grave and whatnot; the church apparently added that in to make Jesus seem to be much, much more. 
I've always suspected that the story of Jesus rising was true. 

Without taking a religious perspective, it seems to me that Jesus was intimately familiar with medicine, and very advanced for his time.  He supposedly "resurrected" people, and cured people, and all that.

I suspect that Jesus didn't actually die, but slipped into a coma.  Perhaps he even brought it on himself, somehow, who knows?  And a couple days later, he came out of the coma in the so-called resurrection.  I'm perfectly willing to believe that he could have appeared dead, and modern medicine sees that type of thing all the time. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 10:38:53 pm »
There's a problem with that theory, though.  Jesus was cruicified.  I'm not saying that makes faking death impossible, but it would certainly make it much more difficult.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 08:10:22 am »
That much strain/stress could easily land somebody in a catatonic by still alive state.  If Jesus was the medical person that we think he is, then he might have known that too, and he might have known how to condition his body to survive the assault.  Maybe. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 08:20:18 am »
He was stabbed in the side, garunteeing that he was dead.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2006, 11:59:24 am »
That much strain/stress could easily land somebody in a catatonic by still alive state.  If Jesus was the medical person that we think he is, then he might have known that too, and he might have known how to condition his body to survive the assault.  Maybe. 

I don't think so.  As Joe already said, he was stabbed in the side.  Romans did that too all of the people they cruicified.  Being on a cross for nine hours and then being stabbed in the side is a pretty sure cause of death.