Author Topic: When a Stranger Call  (Read 2784 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
When a Stranger Call
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:18:08 am »
I rented When A Stranger Calls and brought it to the cottage Saturday night.

I can honestly say, it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. 

Parts of the plot make no sense, there are tons of loose-ends that don't get tied up, and the ending doesn't really fit with the rest of the movie.  When it ended, all I could think was, "huh?".  I hated it.  Terrible movie! 

They took a 5 minute (or less) story that kids tell, and stretched it out to 90 minutes.  I can name MAYBE 4 plot points, which were mostly in the trailor ("have you checked the children?" and "he's inside the house!").  Everything else is just waiting, repeating the same things, and boring me to death.  And did I mention the horrible acting?  *I* could act better than the police officer!

As somebody on IMDB said, "This movie is bad. Really bad. So bad it made me want to shoot myself in the forehead. I hated this movie."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:21:26 am by iago »

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Re: When a Stranger Call
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 08:41:19 am »
Nice review. I think I might go rent i t.  :P. That and Hostel.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:43:42 am »
I just watched it about three hours ago and can honestly say it was so bad that it made me want to shoot myself in the forehead also.  I hate this movie.

I especially hated how they tried to keep it suspenseful throughout the entire thing with the music.  It irritated me so much...
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 12:44:42 pm »
I rented When A Stranger Calls and brought it to the cottage Saturday night.

I can honestly say, it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. 

Parts of the plot make no sense, there are tons of loose-ends that don't get tied up, and the ending doesn't really fit with the rest of the movie.  When it ended, all I could think was, "huh?".  I hated it.  Terrible movie! 

They took a 5 minute (or less) story that kids tell, and stretched it out to 90 minutes.  I can name MAYBE 4 plot points, which were mostly in the trailor ("have you checked the children?" and "he's inside the house!").  Everything else is just waiting, repeating the same things, and boring me to death.  And did I mention the horrible acting?  *I* could act better than the police officer!

As somebody on IMDB said, "This movie is bad. Really bad. So bad it made me want to shoot myself in the forehead. I hated this movie."

LMFAO.

I'll remember to not watch it.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 01:40:49 pm »

I could've told you that.  I watched in theaters (I personally did not want to see the movie, but because I had no excuses and my (ex-)girlfriend wanted to, I went.  The movie was just asinine.  I knew that, with it being a scary movie, the characters would all act irrational and dumb.  This, however, gives far too much credit to the babysitter.  Seriously, how in the world did she muster up the brainpower to keep breathing?
errr... something like that...

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 05:47:59 pm »
They played a seven minute long trailer on television one day, it sumed the whole damn movie, all you didn't know is how "exactly" it ended.  :-\
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 06:21:53 pm »
They played a seven minute long trailer on television one day, it sumed the whole damn movie, all you didn't know is how "exactly" it ended.  :-\

I managed to get it down to three paragraphs with very few discrepancies between the film and this urban legend.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:24:44 pm by dark_drake »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 08:33:50 pm »

I could've told you that.  I watched in theaters (I personally did not want to see the movie, but because I had no excuses and my (ex-)girlfriend wanted to, I went.  The movie was just asinine.  I knew that, with it being a scary movie, the characters would all act irrational and dumb.  This, however, gives far too much credit to the babysitter.  Seriously, how in the world did she muster up the brainpower to keep breathing?

Did you dump her because of this movie?

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 01:56:42 am »
Did you dump her because of this movie?
She actually dumped me like 3 weeks after we saw this movie for a really dumb reason that is in no way related to this film.  It was funny, though, because I started laughing and smiling when she was breaking up with me.  She started crying and bawling.