Author Topic: Boozefest!!  (Read 12987 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Boozefest!!
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:11:48 pm »
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week there are metal shows at a small local venue:

June 8     BOOZEFEST: Mandatory Death, 30 Odd Six, Dissolution, To Hell With Em, Misanthropik Deity
June 9    BOOZEFEST: Liqurd, Of Human Bondage, Damascus, Putrescence, Igor & The Skindiggers
June 10    BOOZEFEST: Mung, Dreadnaut, Port Amoral, The Hearsemen, 3 Day Binge

I've seen many of those bands before, probably half of them, and they're all quite good.  I'm planning on going all three nights, even though Friday will be tiring at work.  I'll post back later and let you know how it went. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Boozefest!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 11:16:31 pm »
I've never heard [of] any of those bands.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:47:16 pm »
I think I've heard of Igor, but never heard their music.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 02:15:53 am »
I hope you enjoy yourself iago, I am sure you don't drink but maybe you should have just 1 or 2, live it up!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 08:12:16 am »
I've never heard [of] any of those bands.
Like I said, they're local.  Unless you're from Winnipeg, you probably wouldn't have. 

I hope you enjoy yourself iago, I am sure you don't drink but maybe you should have just 1 or 2, live it up!
Nah, I hate drinking.  Plus, I am driving, and ~2 drinks is enough to go over the limit for driving.  The laws here are very strict. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:25:30 pm »
lol, picturing iago rockin out to metal is funny!

edit:
just noticed that copyright thing......................................lol?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:40:39 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 07:29:14 pm »
Haha, that's so lame. 

I assure you that I don't "rock out", nor do I play any kind of instrument.  I just sit back and enjoy it. 

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 07:42:27 pm »
You are missing out imo, I think you can enjoy/appreciate music more once you have a better understanding of the mechanics.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 08:15:08 pm »
Haha, that's so lame. 

I assure you that I don't "rock out", nor do I play any kind of instrument.  I just sit back and enjoy it. 
enjoy what?...................the noise?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 08:36:57 pm »
Haha, that's so lame. 

enjoy what?...................the noise?
Nope, the music.  Everybody has a different taste in music, and yours is different than mine.  I happen to love how death metal sounds.

You are missing out imo, I think you can enjoy/appreciate music more once you have a better understanding of the mechanics.
Yeah, but I, like Ben Affleck, have absolutely no skill or talent.  I can't differentiate between notes, I can't make a guitar/flute/anything sound good, and I don't have the proper attitude for most instruments (the only thing I'd be any good at in terms of attitude is bass, since you don't really have to do much).  I'm not going to waste my money buying instruments that I know I won't be able to play.  Perhaps it's unfortunate, but that's the way I am. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 11:18:00 pm »

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8513/metaliago3tj.jpg

I laughed for two minutes straight.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 12:17:27 am »

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8513/metaliago3tj.jpg

I laughed for two minutes straight.
;)
I think that should be an image related to metal for all time!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 08:13:49 am »
Well, last night I stayed for three bands.  Unfortunately, I have no idea which three.  I know I didn't see 30 Odd Six, since they were the ones I really wanted to see, but I'm not sure which other one I missed.  Also, they aren't playing in the order there, because I know that 30 Odd Six was going to be last. 

I emailed the bookings guy, hopefully he'll tell me what I missed.  If he does, I'll edit this and put in the names of the bands. 

But for the hell of it (I post this more for myself, so I can come back and remember what bands are like, I've done it with several of the other shows I've posted about):

Band #1: female singer, which was weird.  Tried really hard to act satanic, but it just didn't come off properly.  But they had cool facepaint, so that earns them some points.  Their actual music started out pretty bad, but it got better.  Not a terrible band overall. 

Band #2: Really friggin' good.  The main guy was really really into it and had an awesome metal voice. 

Band #3: Another really good band.  Unfortunately, half of their set was taken by a long boring instrumental.  But the 3 songs they played besides that were great. 

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 09:41:55 am »
Yeah, but I, like Ben Affleck, have absolutely no skill or talent.  I can't differentiate between notes, I can't make a guitar/flute/anything sound good, and I don't have the proper attitude for most instruments (the only thing I'd be any good at in terms of attitude is bass, since you don't really have to do much).  I'm not going to waste my money buying instruments that I know I won't be able to play.  Perhaps it's unfortunate, but that's the way I am. 

Hahaha, fair enough.  I am by no means an expert on the subject and I've been playing instruments since I was 10 so it definately seems out of whack to me when someone doesn't understand the basic mechanics (no insult, just one of those 'I-grew-up-this-way-so-everyone-else-did-too-right?' kind of things) or sings horribly off pitch.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 12:44:56 pm »

snip

edit:
just noticed that copyright thing......................................lol?

Greatest. Image. EVER.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.