Author Topic: Boozefest!!  (Read 12985 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Boozefest!!
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:11:48 pm »
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week there are metal shows at a small local venue:

June 8     BOOZEFEST: Mandatory Death, 30 Odd Six, Dissolution, To Hell With Em, Misanthropik Deity
June 9    BOOZEFEST: Liqurd, Of Human Bondage, Damascus, Putrescence, Igor & The Skindiggers
June 10    BOOZEFEST: Mung, Dreadnaut, Port Amoral, The Hearsemen, 3 Day Binge

I've seen many of those bands before, probably half of them, and they're all quite good.  I'm planning on going all three nights, even though Friday will be tiring at work.  I'll post back later and let you know how it went. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Boozefest!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 11:16:31 pm »
I've never heard [of] any of those bands.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:47:16 pm »
I think I've heard of Igor, but never heard their music.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 02:15:53 am »
I hope you enjoy yourself iago, I am sure you don't drink but maybe you should have just 1 or 2, live it up!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 08:12:16 am »
I've never heard [of] any of those bands.
Like I said, they're local.  Unless you're from Winnipeg, you probably wouldn't have. 

I hope you enjoy yourself iago, I am sure you don't drink but maybe you should have just 1 or 2, live it up!
Nah, I hate drinking.  Plus, I am driving, and ~2 drinks is enough to go over the limit for driving.  The laws here are very strict. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:25:30 pm »
lol, picturing iago rockin out to metal is funny!

edit:
just noticed that copyright thing......................................lol?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 06:40:39 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 07:29:14 pm »
Haha, that's so lame. 

I assure you that I don't "rock out", nor do I play any kind of instrument.  I just sit back and enjoy it. 

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 07:42:27 pm »
You are missing out imo, I think you can enjoy/appreciate music more once you have a better understanding of the mechanics.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 08:15:08 pm »
Haha, that's so lame. 

I assure you that I don't "rock out", nor do I play any kind of instrument.  I just sit back and enjoy it. 
enjoy what?...................the noise?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 08:36:57 pm »
Haha, that's so lame. 

enjoy what?...................the noise?
Nope, the music.  Everybody has a different taste in music, and yours is different than mine.  I happen to love how death metal sounds.

You are missing out imo, I think you can enjoy/appreciate music more once you have a better understanding of the mechanics.
Yeah, but I, like Ben Affleck, have absolutely no skill or talent.  I can't differentiate between notes, I can't make a guitar/flute/anything sound good, and I don't have the proper attitude for most instruments (the only thing I'd be any good at in terms of attitude is bass, since you don't really have to do much).  I'm not going to waste my money buying instruments that I know I won't be able to play.  Perhaps it's unfortunate, but that's the way I am. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 11:18:00 pm »

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8513/metaliago3tj.jpg

I laughed for two minutes straight.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 12:17:27 am »

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8513/metaliago3tj.jpg

I laughed for two minutes straight.
;)
I think that should be an image related to metal for all time!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 08:13:49 am »
Well, last night I stayed for three bands.  Unfortunately, I have no idea which three.  I know I didn't see 30 Odd Six, since they were the ones I really wanted to see, but I'm not sure which other one I missed.  Also, they aren't playing in the order there, because I know that 30 Odd Six was going to be last. 

I emailed the bookings guy, hopefully he'll tell me what I missed.  If he does, I'll edit this and put in the names of the bands. 

But for the hell of it (I post this more for myself, so I can come back and remember what bands are like, I've done it with several of the other shows I've posted about):

Band #1: female singer, which was weird.  Tried really hard to act satanic, but it just didn't come off properly.  But they had cool facepaint, so that earns them some points.  Their actual music started out pretty bad, but it got better.  Not a terrible band overall. 

Band #2: Really friggin' good.  The main guy was really really into it and had an awesome metal voice. 

Band #3: Another really good band.  Unfortunately, half of their set was taken by a long boring instrumental.  But the 3 songs they played besides that were great. 

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 09:41:55 am »
Yeah, but I, like Ben Affleck, have absolutely no skill or talent.  I can't differentiate between notes, I can't make a guitar/flute/anything sound good, and I don't have the proper attitude for most instruments (the only thing I'd be any good at in terms of attitude is bass, since you don't really have to do much).  I'm not going to waste my money buying instruments that I know I won't be able to play.  Perhaps it's unfortunate, but that's the way I am. 

Hahaha, fair enough.  I am by no means an expert on the subject and I've been playing instruments since I was 10 so it definately seems out of whack to me when someone doesn't understand the basic mechanics (no insult, just one of those 'I-grew-up-this-way-so-everyone-else-did-too-right?' kind of things) or sings horribly off pitch.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 12:44:56 pm »

snip

edit:
just noticed that copyright thing......................................lol?

Greatest. Image. EVER.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 03:10:17 pm »
Instrumentals are great.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 04:08:10 pm »
Not if they're boring :|
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 06:18:34 pm »
Indeed.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 07:16:20 pm »
I suspect it was a good instrumental, but I always find them boring. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 08:14:51 pm »
I like some instrumentals.  "Transylvania" is my favorite.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 03:08:06 am »
June 9    BOOZEFEST: Liqurd, Of Human Bondage, Damascus, Putrescence, Igor & The Skindiggers

Well, we stayed for four bands this time.  And I actually know what's what! 

Again, this is more for my benefit because I have a bad memory. 

Igor & The Skindiggers: Great music, great show.  They all dress up a bit, and "Igor" is this huge guy wearing a costume and doing things like ripping-open a head and eating its brain, or sucking the juice out of an intestine, or walking around the audience with his sword.  Having a non-musical guy was really cool. 

Putrescence: Very heavy death-metal, almost sounded like grind-core to me.  I enjoy a little bit of this style, and they played a half hour, so it was perfect.  A lot of energy, and a lot of fun. 

Damascus: I've seen this band before, at Metal Fest (which I also posted about here).  They're fairly young, and I'm impressed at the vocals guy: for such a small guy, he's got an amazing voice.  They play death metal, but it has a really cool sound.  It's a great band. 

Of Human Bondage: I could swear that I remember the name, but I just can't place where from.  Anyway, they do black metal.  They don't have the best music I've heard, but it's still really good. 

I also found a copy of the poster, thanks to Damascus's MySpace site: http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&Band_Show_ID=4551730&friendid=7282892

I am going to the cottage for the day tomorrow, then to the final day of BoozeFest.  The the next day, dinner at the best restaurant in the city!! It's a great weekend :)

[size=0pt]Fixed your mis-tag[/font].
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 11:52:43 am by Newby »

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 02:13:20 pm »
I'm confused  ???  How many types of metal are there?
errr... something like that...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 02:23:22 pm »
Well, it's all over.  In 3 days, we saw 11 bands. 

June 10    BOOZEFEST: Mung, Dreadnaut, Port Amoral, The Hearsemen, 3 Day Binge

I've seen so many bands that it's turning into a blur, but I'll try to remember who's who, which is why it's especially important to remind myself, just in case it comes up again.  Last night was more like thrash and borderline punk, compared to Thursday and Friday which were mostly death/black metal.  It was a nice change, and I had a great time.

3 Day Binge: Missed because of stopping for A&W, among other things.  Oops :)

The Hearsemen: A metal/punk band.  They have a great sound, but I don't remembe anything specific. 

Port Amoral: Some sort of melodic metal or metalcore or something.  They have a really cool sound, and I liked it a lot. 

Dreadnaut: This was the first time I saw dreadnaut, even though I kept trying to.  They were amazing!  I think most of the people went there just to see them.  I think they would be classed as Thrash, but I'm not positive. 

Mung: Not as good as Dreadnaut, but still a good note to end the weekend on.  The third or fourth band to wear black and white facepaint, but it's all good.  I have a lot of respect for good bands with 3 members. 

Throughout the weekend, my favorite bands (in alphabetical order) were:
Damascus
Dreadnaut
Igor & The Skindiggers
Port Amoral
To Hell With 'em

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 02:25:10 pm »
I'm confused  ???  How many types of metal are there?
There are plenty, and I'm not exactly sure what the difference is, all the time.  Newby or Hitmen can elaborate more:

Death Metal - Heavy, with satanic/anti-christian/death themes (eg, Deicide)
Black Metal - A lot like death metal, I don't know what the difference is.  Usually european.
Thrash Metal - Not so heavy, with more screamy voice (eg, slayer, exodus)
Hair Metal - 80's style (twisted sister, old metallica)
Power Metal - *shrug*
Speed Metal - I assume it's fast.  Dunno
Melodic Metal - Metal with more singing, harmony, I think
Metalcore - Something like Melodic, sorta more mainstream (eg, killswitch engage)
Grindcore - Sort of metal.  Usually extremely heavy with themes along the lines of killing babies and stuff.

And I think there's probably more, but those are the ones I'm most familiar with. And my definitions could be wrong.  Hopefully Newby elaborates.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 02:28:48 pm by iago »

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 02:32:42 pm »
Dragonforce is speed metal, if you want an example.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 02:39:38 pm »
Death Metal = mostly simple heavy riffing, dark/deep grunted vocals, lots of drums (blastbeats anyone?), themes about killing/death/Satan. ex: Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Obituary, Death.

Black Metal = the guitar tone is either all out riffage or very light, the vocals are shrieked/hissed and are about Satan/occult/evil, blastbeats galore or very little drumming to take an atmospheric effect. ex: Mercyful Fate, Bathory, Burzum, Mayhem.

Thrash Metal = <33333333333. RIFFAGE DOWN YER FUCKIN' THROAT, very aggressive drumming (snare drum + clash + bass drum) with shouted vocals. Not screamed or grunted, shouted. Think punk just trying to be less punk. ex: Slayer (pre-Seasons in the Abyss), early Metallica (pre-Ride the Lightning), Exodus, Death Angel, Coroner, Dark Angel, Testament, Torture Squad, Sepultura (pre-Arise), Annihilator, Forbidden, Nuclear Assault.

Speed Metal = very riffy. A lot like thrash, but not as aggressive in vocal department or drums. ex: Judas Priest (Unleashed in the East = speed fucking metal), Iron Maiden.

Hair Metal = balls to the fucking wall heavy fucking metal revolving around womanizing. When people say heavy metal, this is often who you think of. ex's include Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P., etc.

Power Metal = lots of melodic riffs, drums vary, the vocals include stuff about fairy tales or stories and are often the cleanest you'll find in any metal. ex: Iced Earth, Helloween, Blind Guardian, DragonForce.

Melodic* = very melodic and progressive compared to the original genre. i.e. Melodic Death Metal = more progressive and varied in the guitar riffs, and the vocals aren't all grunted. They could be screamed! ex: The Black Dahlia Murder, Arch Enemy, Hypocrisy.

Metalcore = crap. Heh. I can't give you a good definition. Think hardcore trying to be metal, but failing miserably. Apparently good live though. ex: Unearth, Killswitch Engage.

Grindcore = punk meets thrash and has an ugly love child. Characterized by extremely fast (240 bpm easily) drumming, incomprehendable riffing and lyrics, and very short songs (often lacking a song structure). ex: Terrorizer, Napalm Death, Carcass, Pig Destroyer.

I'll elaborate later. Food is waiting!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 04:39:28 pm by Newby »
- Newby

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 02:55:41 pm »
I've heard that melodic bands resemble symphonies.

Also, metalcore is awesome.  Unearth kicks ass.  Killswitch Engage is one of my favorite bands.

If you're going ot make a writeup, you may as well make it from a neutral point of view. :P

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 07:59:09 pm »
I've heard some stuff by Black Dahlia Murder, Carcass, and Sepultura on Chronix.  Me likey :)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 08:11:44 pm »
I'd classify Dragonforce as more power/speed mix, at times.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 08:42:34 pm »
Yeah...well I don't like them so I don't really care :\

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 09:11:39 pm »
I'd classify Dragonforce as more power/speed mix, at times.

DragonForce = serious power metal. Heh.

I've heard some stuff by Black Dahlia Murder, Carcass, and Sepultura on Chronix.  Me likey :)

The Black Dahlia Murder = melodic death metal.

Judging your comparison of Carcass to TBDM, I'm gonna assume you heard something off of Heartwork or Swansong. That's their melodic death metal era. They were originally grind.
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 09:14:29 pm »
I'm a fan of Metalcore, even though it's not really metal.  Killswitch is great, especially in concert.  That's still the #1 concert I've been to, and I've been to an awful lot of concerts. 

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 09:19:18 pm »
What seperates Black and death metal is the keyboard. All black metal bands have to have a keyboard. It's in the memo.  But, yeah, normally black's screached, while death is grunted.

Annother name for the genre of "Grindcore" (And a less gay name at the same time) is "Noise." The noise genre ranges from bluegrass noise to industrial noise. Newby's defination's a good one. Annother band to look at is "Melt Banana."

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 11:04:42 pm »
You people suck horribly at classifying metal bands. Aside from the fact that there's probably a dozen more retarded subgenres to list, it doesn't matter and only newby was anywhere near right.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 11:34:16 pm »
What seperates Black and death metal is the keyboard. All black metal bands have to have a keyboard. It's in the memo.  But, yeah, normally black's screached, while death is grunted.
I've seen two black metal bands, and neither had a keyboard. 

You people suck horribly at classifying metal bands. Aside from the fact that there's probably a dozen more retarded subgenres to list, it doesn't matter and only newby was anywhere near right.
What I said was mostly a subset of what Newby said.  Nothing I said was wrong, but he elaborated a lot more. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 12:35:01 am »

Teach us, oh almighty music god.

But seriously, who cares?

I'm a fan of Metalcore, even though it's not really metal.  Killswitch is great, especially in concert.  That's still the #1 concert I've been to, and I've been to an awful lot of concerts. 

;D <3

I love Killswitch Engage.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 03:13:30 am »

I only elaborated on the ones iago mentioned. I didn't feel like mentioning goregrind, crust, viking, epic, atmospheric, doom, progressive, symphonic, folk, or any of that other crap that I do not listen to.

Well, I occasionally dabble in goregrind.
- Newby

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 04:18:14 am »
I guess they didn't get the damn memo. They're also putting the new cover on the TSP reports, that was covered in the same memo... :-\.. Yeah...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 08:15:53 am »
I guess they didn't get the damn memo. They're also putting the new cover on the TSP reports, that was covered in the same memo... :-\.. Yeah...
TPS* (stands for Test Product Specification and defined by IEEE, if you care)

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 08:25:25 am »
iAGO, HOW DARE YOU?!  It's a quote from Office Space.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 09:29:03 am »
Yes, and in Office Space it's TPS reports (not TSP), which stands for Test Product Specifications.  It's an annoying software-development thing that nobody actually uses, which is why it was used in the movie. 

I find that knowing what an acronym stands for makes it a lot easier for me to remember it. 

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 01:45:25 pm »
Whoops.. :-[ I had me an typo! I meant for it to be "TPS" but I guess I hit the "S" before the "P". Sorry for the confusion. :-\

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 07:30:47 pm »
I first read that as TSB, which has to do with noted issues with cars.

Yeah, if you talk to any engineer who's been in the field for a little bit, they'll tell you some horrible stories. Newer companies or ones trying to be 'hip' don't require them anymore iirc.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 11:06:34 pm »
The hippest companies use TPS reports. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2006, 12:11:46 am »
Although this is late in the topic, I acknowledge Dragonforce and approve.  They may now continue to release music.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2006, 08:12:28 am »
I was looking up some of my more favoriter bands:

Hatebreed: metalcore?
Devildriver: nu-metal
Gravedigger: power metal / speed metal
Iced Earth: power metal / thrash metal

I guess I like the weirder metals more than the commoner ones. 

Of course, I think my favoritest of all is Death Metal, but I know Death Metal when I hear it so I don't have to look up stuff like Deicide. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2006, 08:19:56 am »
Then there's reggae metal, like Skindred.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2006, 11:19:24 am »
I prefer Florida Death metal and Symphonically-aligned Nationalist Socialist Black metal. Sometimes I listen to Slodger metal, which is a mixture between Sludge metal and Stoner rock.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2006, 12:09:32 pm »
Florida Death Metal! :D

<3 Death/Deicide/Morbid Angel/Obituary. 4 of the 5 pioneers of death metal. ;)

(The fifth being Possessed with their 1985 release of Seven Churches, but they were from the bay area in San Francisco, which also happens to be my favorite genre of music: Bay Area THRASH METAL. :))

And NSBM sounds the same as all the crappy second waves of black metal. The lyrics are about the only thing different really.

Half of 'em don't even really believe what they sing about. The only guy that does truly (and I mean truly, it's actually sickening) is the guy from Burzum.
- Newby

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2006, 02:48:05 pm »
Half of 'em don't even really believe what they sing about. The only guy that does truly (and I mean truly, it's actually sickening) is the guy from Burzum.
<3 Count Grishnackh

metal.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2006, 06:56:52 pm »
Although this is late in the topic, I acknowledge Dragonforce and approve.  They may now continue to release music.
It's DragonForce!  Get it right.  Incidentally, I've listened to their discography repeatedly.

iago: Iced Earth isn't thrashy.  And they're in my top favorite 5 bands too . :d

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2006, 07:03:30 pm »
iago: Iced Earth isn't thrashy.  And they're in my top favorite 5 bands too . :d

The Glorious Shithole is not thrash. Night of the Stormrider = thrash!
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2006, 07:08:05 pm »

Yeah, some is/some isn't.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 09:48:20 pm »

I wouldn't classify Night Of The Stormrider as thrash, but that's probably just me.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2006, 10:10:36 pm »

I wouldn't classify Night Of The Stormrider as thrash, but that's probably just me.

Night of the Stormrider is awesome thrash.
- Newby