Author Topic: Pseudo-Blog  (Read 6264 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Pseudo-Blog
« on: July 06, 2006, 04:54:27 am »
Basically when I do something that doesn't need it's own topic, I'll post it here, more for my own sake than yours.

So, today I got up and played some WoW. I looked at the clock, "crap I'm late" and went to church at around 4:00 (it doesn't start until 6:30). I went to church, hung out for a while, sat through the service back in the computer/sound area (yay for Ben and I knowing stuff) and then hit up DQ with nearly the entire group. The majority of us (which is, quite unfortunately, Marianne, Molly, Courtney, Trina, Ben, Andy, Jonathan, Jake and I) grabbed some food and hung out (at the picnic tables outside) for around an hour, killing Andy's TracPhone (however you spell it) because he didn't want it anymore. Then we went back to Marianne's house (walk out the church door, walk 50 feet, hi, you're there) and layed in a line in the street in front of her house and played telephone. Note, this isn't another one of my stupid ideas; it was 10:30PM and a not-so-busy street. Anyhow, that got boring, so we took our line over to the grass. For an hour or so we all layed there and talked about random stuff with no real reason. It wasn't really boring, either.. we just talked and one conversation led to another. Then they were all like "crap, I gotta get home" at the same time, and naturally they left. I, of course, didn't have a ride so I called my mom and had to wait 15 minutes for her to get there. Marianne was driving some people home so I hop in her car and just drive around with her and then when we get back I go home with my mom. Basically a church service that goes from 6:30 to 8:00 went from 4:30 to 12:00.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Pseudo-Blog
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 01:38:29 pm »
You l.ayed down in a line on the street so the car who probably has little ability to see the ground at night-time could all hit you sequentially?  How sweet.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 06:40:39 pm »
I didn't do it because it was dangerous. I did it because it was fun.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 01:07:03 am »
I went over to Tory's house around noon today and brought my computer with me. I enjoyed his DSL, running BitTorrent, WoW, and Ventrillo all at the same time. Later in the day, family friends came over and brought their daughter Heather over. Tory and I talked with her for a while, and I found out she was going to be a senior in high school. I originally assumed she looked 13-ish. So I find out she's actually 17, and that she's not a virgin either. That didn't come as a shock to me because she's not 18 yet, but because I just thought she was 13 a half hour before. So, I went from not wanting to date her because she was too young, to not wanting to date her because she's already had sex, and was too old.

Heather: Personally I think it would be hard to date a virgin again.
Tory: Ugh, I'm out.
Joe: Same.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 03:22:16 am »
What would be the real difference between dating a virgin and a non-virgin?
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 03:31:27 am »
Joe is the "stud" looking virgins!  ;)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 03:46:50 am »

Basically if you were going to get married knowing that she's had sex with someone else as well, that'd just be a little sickening, at least to me. Of course, that probably had a huge influence by my religious background..

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 03:48:42 am »
Basically if you were going to get married knowing that she's had sex with someone else as well, that'd just be a little sickening, at least to me. Of course, that probably had a huge influence by my religious background..

Good luck finding a suitable virgin to marry.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 04:11:26 am »

If you ever get a girlfriend, I will find her and have sex with her, then wait till you get married and say "lolol you just penetrated used merchandise".

Kidding  ;D.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 04:11:59 am »
Thank you. Good luck finding a suitable anybody to marry.

I'm kidding. <3 teh Sidoh. Of course, when you actually go to church, there's a ton of virgins all around you. ;p

EDIT -
That needs to be a smily.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 04:14:24 am »
Thank you. Good luck finding a suitable anybody to marry.

I'll have much better luck than you, especially considering I'm not so picky as to prefer a virgin bride. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 05:12:07 am »
Note, prefer, not require. Forgiveness comes through repentance, not the absence of sin in the first place. I won't, however, marry a non-Christian or someone who's been married and divorced before. If you haven't set those requirements for yourself then you're pretty much too non-picky, in my opinion.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 05:17:59 am »
Note, prefer, not require. Forgiveness comes through repentance, not the absence of sin in the first place.

That is blatantely obvious.  Forgiveness implies the ignoring of something that deviates a set of expectations, not the absence of such deviance.

I won't, however, marry a non-Christian or someone who's been married and divorced before. If you haven't set those requirements for yourself then you're pretty much too non-picky, in my opinion.

I sort of understand reluctance marrying someone who doesn't share your religious beliefs, but why the fuck would you not even consider someone who's divorced?  You refuse to consider the possibility that their previous marriage was unbearable?  Perhaps their spouse was mentally or physically abusive?

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 05:22:36 am »
Because in the eyes of God, you cannot divorce except if your spouce indulged in adultry. Therefore human divorces aren't seen by God, except in that case, and you're practicing polygamy (not legally, but in God's eyes).

EDIT -
The bible talks about illness, both mental and physical. Also..

Quote from: http://weddings.about.com/cs/bridesandgrooms/a/vowwording.htm
I, (name), take you, (name), to be my [opt: lawfully wedded] (husband/wife), my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

I (name), take you (name) to be my (husband/wife), my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 05:27:14 am by Joe[x86] »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 05:27:31 am »
Because in the eyes of God, you cannot divorce except if your spouce indulged in adultry. Therefore human divorces aren't seen by God, except in that case, and you're practicing polygamy (not legally, but in God's eyes).

I'm pretty sure that's incorrect, especially if it's in the old testament.  If you lived by the laws the old testament lays down, you'd be a Jew with long sideburns and crying when you were forcefed non-kosher food.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 05:32:20 am »
I'm not sure. MyndFyre keeps owning me with several bible verses lately (he proved that if I were a pastor the blind would be leading the blind, ouch) so we should ask him.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 12:14:11 am »
We FINALLY won a softball game! Owned First Presbyterian (I spelled it wrong, sue me) 14-8.