Author Topic: Canada Day Celebrations  (Read 5113 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Canada Day Celebrations
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 09:44:12 pm »
Deliverance - Temporary Insanity

Christian Grindcore! ^_^!

Christian thrash metal*.

It depends. Some death metal is extremely simple, something like nunslaughter where there are only a handful of midpaced riffs in every song, but in something like cannibal corpse there are a lot of really technical riffs thrown around, usually really windy and all over the fretboard. Lots of trill and tons of different notes trem picked rapidly. Good death metal bands are not sloppy. Grind on the other hand is just wailing really fast on the guitar, and depending on the band may take absolutely no talent at all to play, and may be extremely sloppily played.

That explains why Nunslaughter sucks. Frightmare + Lord Gore are two creations that are much better by Maniac Neil... hehe. Frightmare = awesome.

CrAz3D, before you go bashing death metal, why don't you stop generalizing and realize that quite a few good death metal bands have a song structure, have rhythm, they are very understandable (besides the vocals, which are meant to be grunted), and it takes a ton of talent (moreso than rock anyhow) to play the drums/guitar to that extreme.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Canada Day Celebrations
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 12:00:23 am »
I was talking about grindcore.......not death metal.

I can stand some death metal, that is until it is so loud that my head hurts.