Author Topic: Class debates.  (Read 9709 times)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Class debates.
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:47:31 pm »
Is it just me, Or does anybody else feel that they are too smart for their class when it comes to world events and debates about them.

When school was in session my teacher was talking about the negative effects of WWII and how Hitler was a monster for what he did. I spoke up and demand that she re call her statement becuase really he was the best public speaker and dictator to ever live. She countered with this crap

"He killed millions and millions of Jews during WWII and you expect me to say he was a great person"

I just mumble under my breath.

"Just a few million to go"
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Class debates.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 07:56:57 pm »
That doesn't mean you're too smart, it means your teacher is a liberal.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 07:59:22 pm »
I spoke up and demand that she re call her statement becuase really he was the best public speaker and dictator to ever live.

Hitler had distinguishable charisma, but I don't think he was necessarily the greatest dictator to ever live.

The one who united the city-states of China in the BC years (I forget his name) would be a great example of someone who out-does Hitler.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:01:34 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 10:52:02 pm »
When school was in session my teacher was talking about the negative effects of WWII and how Hitler was a monster for what he did.

Uh, yeah, I think I agree with your teacher: what Hitler did was monstrous.  I don't even see what you're arguing against?! It just seems like you wanted an opportunity to pipe up with your two cents about how Hitler was an amazing dictator.  It really annoyed me when kids in class did things like that out of place -- they didn't really have a question, they just wanted to look special infront of everyone.

Also, Hitler was an idiot with a bit of maniacal charisma.  There were a lot of people in the background who shared the same "vision," and helped it get partially realized.  Hitler was intellectually like a little child.  I'm so tired of people coming out with disgustingly uneducated comments like, "Hitler was a genius," or "Hitler was a great leader."

/rant
 >:(
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 10:53:46 pm by Rule »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 10:55:21 pm »
It's not easy to convince people to commit genocide, and Hitler did it.  I think that's evidence enough that he was an awesome leader. 

But in any case, I think that most people are smarter than everybody else, which is what causes a lot of arguments/stupid people

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 10:58:54 pm »
It's not easy to convince people to commit genocide, and Hitler did it.  I think that's evidence enough that he was an awesome leader. 

He lost, and then shot himself in the head, didn't he?  gg

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 11:07:27 pm »
But in any case, I think that most people are smarter than everybody else, which is what causes a lot of arguments/stupid people

Was that meant to be oxymoronical, or you talking in a self frame of reference?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 11:14:36 pm »

He lost, and then shot himself in the head, didn't he?  gg

So he was a poor loser... so am I. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 03:00:47 am »
"He killed millions and millions of Jews during WWII and you expect me to say he was a great person"
He didn't kill them; he had them killed.  :-\

Also, everyone always focuses on the bad that Hitler did.  What about him jumpstarting our economy?  IIRC, WWII was what got the United States out of its depression.
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 03:26:40 am »
He didn't kill them; he had them killed.  :-\

Also, everyone always focuses on the bad that Hitler did.  What about him jumpstarting our economy?  IIRC, WWII was what got the United States out of its depression.

People should not recieve praise for indirect effects of their actions if their intents were much, much more sinister than what results from the manifestations of their maniacal plans.

There is no logical reason that we should be saying: "YAY GO HITLER THANKS FOR KILLING THE JEWS SO WE COULD BOOST OUR ECONOMY!"

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 03:27:05 am »
Also, everyone always focuses on the bad that Hitler did.

LOL, I wonder why.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 03:27:48 am »
LOL, I wonder why.

That's what I thought. ;)

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 05:24:26 am »
I just mumble under my breath.

You sure showed her!

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 06:18:31 am »
Hitler was a great person, true. Great can have two meanings. Ever seen Harry Potter? "I am sure we can expect great things from you. After all, he who can not be named did great things. Terrible, but great."
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 10:49:44 am »

Was that meant to be oxymoronical, or you talking in a self frame of reference?

It was supposed to be sarcastic.  I was implying that most people THINK they're smarter than everybody else.  It's the same way that 95% of people are above-average drivers.