Author Topic: What do you guys do..  (Read 22149 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys do..
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2006, 10:50:07 pm »
Hrmm..  Agreed with Sidoh.

I have been tempted a lot to do weed by people I know, and I have not given in to temptation.  I am not too worried about it.  If you say your morals were really that strong, why did you do it?  It seems that you are contradicting yourself when you say that.  How can you have strong morals, but at the same time do something you are against?  Wouldn’t that mean you don’t really know yourself and when you say you have these "strong morals” when you really don’t?  I have been faced with this, and I have overcome it.  That’s how I know I have strong morals.

Quote from: skip
It was during my "low" period with God.

I think he is saying he did it when he didn't have a close relationship with God, and in turn, didn't have strong morals.

I am in a very low period right now with God, but my morals are as strong as ever.  I don't make morals to make God happy, I make them in my best interest.  Now, I can see where that could play a part in someones life and make him start smoking, but I still doubt the strength of his morals.

Our morals are not the same. Sure, ours would be about the same if we were both Christian, but, like I said previously, I did it when during my low period. Clearly, morals weren't something I abided by during my low period. However, once I had a close relationship, I stopped.

And, don't question my morals without first finding out about my life/situation.
You aren't Christian?

And you're right, our morals aren't the same.  So how can you say, "That is exactly what I thought, but I ended up doing it".  Doesn't that imply that our morals are pretty much the same strength-wise; if you truly believed what you said.  I mean, you said "exactly".  I don't want to get in an argument with you, but make sure you don't try and say that your morals are just like mine when you have smoked pot and I still haven't.

The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus