Author Topic: Lady in the Water  (Read 3427 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Lady in the Water
« on: July 22, 2006, 02:26:55 am »
My biased thoughts:  Amazing!  I loved it!! I'd have to say his best movie that he has done.  Even though Signs was really good.  I would still have to say this one is my favorite of his.

Others:  I heard alot of the people in the theatre that said they either liked it, didn't know, or didn't like it.  It seemed to stir mixed feelings among many people. 

If you are a fan of M. Night Shyamalan's work, then I would go and see this one.  He actually gave himself a pretty large part in the movie, so that was interesting.  Overall it was pretty weird, but I think that is why I liked it so much!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Re: Lady in the Water
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 04:47:14 am »
My biased thoughts:  Amazing!  I loved it!! I'd have to say his best movie that he has done.  Even though Signs was really good.  I would still have to say this one is my favorite of his.

Others:  I heard alot of the people in the theatre that said they either liked it, didn't know, or didn't like it.  It seemed to stir mixed feelings among many people. 

If you are a fan of M. Night Shyamalan's work, then I would go and see this one.  He actually gave himself a pretty large part in the movie, so that was interesting.  Overall it was pretty weird, but I think that is why I liked it so much!

At the end of the sixth senes still gets me. I am a huge fan of his work.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 02:15:25 pm »
I, too, love his work. I think my favorite out of all of them right now is Unbreakable, but Signs and the Village are pretty close seconds. They're all amazing.

I still haven't seen this one, yet. I want to see if *very* bad. But, hearing that it's good will prompt me to see it even more. :D

trust

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 02:35:33 pm »
The Village was dissapointing. This doesn't look too good either in my opinion, but I could be wrong.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 02:41:02 pm »
The Village was dissapointing. This doesn't look too good either in my opinion, but I could be wrong.

The Village was easy to figure out, but I like the themes and stylism of the movie, and the plot does have it's good points.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 03:09:42 pm »
Sixth Sense was his only likable movie.  I won't be wasting any money seeing Lady in the Water.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 03:57:39 pm »
Sixth Sense was his only likable movie.  I won't be wasting any money seeing Lady in the Water.

Indeed. It was like Signs. Once you saw the aliens, it wasn't scary. At all. :|
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 02:08:17 am »
I hate you.   j/k, sorta

I'm going to see this tomorrow, I've heard good stuff about it.

SO FAR, The Village has been my fav while signs is my least favorite.  This one, from what I hear, is different.  No weird twists, not dark, its a story he told his kids...sounds nifty.

I'll post about it on saturday morning after I see it.

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 06:33:40 am »
The Sixth Sense was good.  Aside from that, the rest of his movies suck.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 11:03:00 am »
The Sixth Sense was good.  Aside from that, the rest of his movies suck.
the village is his best i think.

there is so much always going on in it.  awesome story, awesome filming.  i loved it

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 12:05:57 pm »
Meh.  The end blew hardcore, the rest of it was okay.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 03:21:25 pm »
Meh.  The end blew hardcore, the rest of it was okay.
the VERY end, like last 1 minute or less sucked, yeah...the rest was pretty good.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 07:34:45 am »
I saw the previews of it and such when I was in the theatre a week or two ago, It looked like something I'd like to watch.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 10:30:01 am »
Crappy ass movie!

The story was different, I can accept that...I just didn't like the story.

The directing was bad.

spoilers:

-When the dog this breaks out of the hotel towards the end of the movie the door breaks IN!  WTF!?  & why didnt the dog thing just break the window like it did last time?
-Its acceptable that Cleveland just is fine & dandy with everything (finding out that there are water nymphs & what not) but when he starts denying that he could be the healer, wtf dude...just go with it
-its very self serving to Shamylan.  "One day your words will influence a kid to lead this country etc"...uhm, way to pat yourself on the back bud

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 04:32:27 pm »
I'm very late, but I just saw this movie last night.

I actually liked this movie, not so much for the fear or tension, because that wasn't very strong, but for the entertainment. Throughout the movie, nobody really knew what was happening and what was going on, but they were all going along with a story being told by an elderly Asian woman. I just found the way it worked out to be funny, reminiscent of old-style comedies (The Importance of Being Ernest, for example).

The plot itself is so absolutely surreal, with the ancient legends and everybody believing everything, that it's completely unreal. It's so unreal that it escapes from reality, so that you just stop thinking "wtf?". At least, that's how I felt.

I also always enjoy movies with meta-characters, ones who say "if this was a movie....". I don't know why, it's a pretty lame gag, but I find it funny.