Author Topic: Best Digital Camera Under $150  (Read 3066 times)

trust

Best Digital Camera Under $150
« on: August 10, 2006, 09:19:37 am »
I want to replace my Canon Powershot A75 (3.2mp) with something better. I'd like at least 5mp.

I don't need much, I barely use my current camera except to post pictures of stuff I'm selling or for things like my Chocolate thread. I also need it to have a decent zoom and be able to take relatively good pictures of...things. Like for instance I'm going on a college tour with two of my friends of 3 Virginia schools and I want to take pictures of the colleges and stuff. The only other thing I use my camera for currently is when my friends and I go to the beach and there's a good looking girl or something, or for when I'm on vacation.

Oh, and another huge deal breaker for me is the size. The Powershot is heavy and kind of big. I want something lightweight, slim, and sleek. In fact that's one of my main reasons for getting a new one.

Thanks.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
Re: Best Digital Camera Under $150
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:35:12 pm »
Goto http://www.bhphotovideo.com and look around. Probably 'digital photography' -> 'point and shoot' Looking there about the only ones you can get for under $150 are HP cameras. I don't really have much experience in this area, but going for something from Canon or Nikon is probably a smart move.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

trust

Re: Best Digital Camera Under $150
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 09:10:04 pm »
I was looking around on circuit city and bestbuys site and there are a few under that price. There was one that I liked, the look, the features, the reviews, etc...the only thing is it was said to eat battieries horribly...like 2 AAs would be drained after 3-11 pictures. It's not worth my time to buy a recharger and constantly recharge them.