Author Topic: World PvP!  (Read 5499 times)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
World PvP!
« on: August 11, 2006, 11:45:28 am »
Let's hear some of your awesome World PvP stories. I decided to make this thread after what happened this morning.

I was grinding Rock Elementals in Badlands for some quests trying to hit 40, and an lvl46 Undead Warlock showed up, I waved to him cause I didn't feel like dealing with it, and went back to the elemental I was fighting. Then, out of nowhere, I get curse of agony and corruption casted on me, I put up shadowward turned around, casted CoA, Corruption, Immolate, Fear, and threw a shadowbolt and after a few seconds he was dead.  :) Then, I go back to fighting the elementals and he res's right by me, puts CoA and corruption on me AGAIN, so I threw up another shadow ward and killed him. This happened once more before he finally gave up spirit res'd and went to do whatever he had to do.  :)

Another good one was when I was in STV, I was a lvl36, had no pet out and was fighting stuff down in the Ba'al ruins I think it was, a lvl37 rogue stealths behind me, ambushes, I jump around manage to hit him with CoA and Corruption before he kills me. BUT! I had a soulstone on me, I wait a few seconds, self res, fear, hit him with immolate and CoA and corruption again, fear again, shadowbolt. And he was dead.  :)
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: World PvP!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 05:23:49 pm »
I'm a level 60 warlock, running around in Badlands looking for trouble. Found it. 42 Tauren Warrior. He finishes a mob, mounts up, and runs. Instant cast CoA and Corruption, and run after him (he's been dismounted). He dies. I run up to his corpse and /lay, and he comes and rezzes. Dies. I /lay again, and this time he gets me with a frost trap, but alas, he doesn't survive that encounter. Finally, he resurrects AGAIN (fourth encounter with me for those who lost count), frost traps, and finally gets away by running into Kargath. Seconds later a 46 Warlock runs past me and dies within seconds. Minutes later a 60 warlock comes and owns me. The end.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 05:25:45 pm »
Pussy. Call your friends and raid Kargath. I plan on raiding horde cities all the time at 60.  :)
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 07:13:13 pm »
I havnt done much in world pvp recently, I just leave horde alone and they dont touch me generally... unless they are from a certain guild :). This one guild has a reputation, if you kill one of their members they send 6 more after you :P so I kill them on site and get the fuck out. Ill go ahead and do some world PvP and try to get some good stories. I love it when I have soulstone on and they kill me :) Looks like you are the one running back to your body now!

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 09:41:11 pm »
Hrmmm... not too terribly exciting, but last night I had quite the experience with a level ?? rogue.  I'm a 44 mage going around minding my own business killing mobs.  However, the rogue was killing the same mobs for whatever reason.  He saps me; I ice block because I don't feel like standing around for 40 seconds.  He cheap shots me, so I blink.  At this point I'm getting tired of him, so I decide to make something over it.  I figured I stood no chance as I was at half mana, but whatever.

I hit him with a few frost bolts, freeze him, the standard stuff.  When he resists my magic, he gets a few hits in, but I manage to always stay alive.  For about five minutes we fight, finally, after I had exhausted my mana (after half and evocation and mana jade) and he had used first aid and a potion, he kills me.

I walk back to my corpse, rez, and decide to fight again.  I hit him with frost bolt and a bunch more ?? horde roll up.  I decide it's time for me to go, so I begin the run to Gadgetzan.  After a few strategic frost novas and a few blinks, I break away from everyone except the rogue.  He follows me into Gadgetzan and decides to continue the fight.  He attacks, and is immediately killed by the bruisers.  He rezes, but he decides to do the same thing and dies... again.

At this point he gives up and heads back out.  I need to finish the quest, so I head back out there after I buff myself and get full mana.  I start the fight once again.  This time, however, I get the first strike in.  Even though he resisted quite a few of my spells, he stood no chance.  After he popped a potion, it took a frostbolt, CoC, and a fire blast and he was dead.  He didn't bother me after that.  ;D
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 11:09:16 pm »
I'm a level 60 warlock, running around in Badlands looking for trouble. Found it. 42 Tauren Warrior. He finishes a mob, mounts up, and runs. Instant cast CoA and Corruption, and run after him (he's been dismounted). He dies. I run up to his corpse and /lay, and he comes and rezzes. Dies. I /lay again, and this time he gets me with a frost trap, but alas, he doesn't survive that encounter. Finally, he resurrects AGAIN (fourth encounter with me for those who lost count), frost traps, and finally gets away by running into Kargath. Seconds later a 46 Warlock runs past me and dies within seconds. Minutes later a 60 warlock comes and owns me. The end.

Warriors don't have frost traps.  o.O

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 02:58:53 am »
Er, hunter.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 04:06:14 am »
A 54 paladin and I (60 warlock) are going to Jaedenar to grind some gold, but I've recently got my epic mount. What better use than to chase newbs? So, I run down to Deadwood Village, the true battleground. Almost constantly people dying there. Anyhow, I arrive before the paladin (obviously, thanks to my mount) and scout around, and find a lone (or so I thought) 48 priest. He attacks me, and gets owned. Then I find a 48 rogue stealthing up to me and I death coil him while he's still stealthed, and he also gets owned. Then the rest of the group, another priest, a shaman, and a hunter come and own me. Eventually the paladin gets there and I gang up with another 52 warlock, and we go around raping everyone (I'm SM/Ruin specced, so when kept alive by a healer I'm unstoppable). About 1400 educated honor (the guess system, not figured until the next day) later they realize they can't win.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 04:49:41 am »
A 54 paladin and I (60 warlock) are going to Jaedenar to grind some gold, but I've recently got my epic mount. What better use than to chase newbs? So, I run down to Deadwood Village, the true battleground. Almost constantly people dying there. Anyhow, I arrive before the paladin (obviously, thanks to my mount) and scout around, and find a lone (or so I thought) 48 priest. He attacks me, and gets owned. Then I find a 48 rogue stealthing up to me and I death coil him while he's still stealthed, and he also gets owned. Then the rest of the group, another priest, a shaman, and a hunter come and own me. Eventually the paladin gets there and I gang up with another 52 warlock, and we go around raping everyone (I'm SM/Ruin specced, so when kept alive by a healer I'm unstoppable). About 1400 educated honor (the guess system, not figured until the next day) later they realize they can't win.
SM/Ruin is too crit based for pvp imo... I am sm/ruin though :P Its a build revolving heavily on +dmg gear and +crit. If I were you I would go Conflag/nightfall or something with soul link. SM/Ruin is the perfect MC/BWL raiding build, some aspects can be pvp but Curse of Exhaustion is about it.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 05:21:58 am »
ONE TMIE I CRIT A LVEL ONE IN THE FCAE FOR 213982 POINTS OF DAMGAE.  LOL.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 07:48:30 am »
World PvP? Alright here is one. This happen when I was 23 and was out in duskwood doing some crappy quest. 4 undead rogues come up to me and start too /kneel. I was like umm ok. and /bow to them all. They start to laugh and went stealth. so I thought fuck iam dead. Instead I guess they just followed me around for 20 mintues killing all my mobs for me it was quite nice having a undead army at my hands. =) Too make a long story short a rank 11 Mage on our server was just passing by and said Hi and I told her about the rogues. She gets off her mount and AoEs. She killed all 4 of them while I dance in bearform. It was quite funny since I was only 23 and a ?? level honor kills is quite good.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 02:12:57 pm »
I haven't gotten a lot of world PvP because I hardly ever flag myself on my hunter, but when I was still playing my mage on Deathwing (level  30), I was crossing the bridge between the Wetlands and Arathi Highlands when some 60 undead warlock came up behind me. I knew I was screwed, but no point in not trying, right? When he finally dismounted from his dreadsteed, he tossed Curse of Agony on me. Then he started casting Shadowbolt, I instantly decursed myself and, awesomely enough, he didn't resist my counterspell. By then I was blinking the hell away, and he kept popping onto his dreadsteed trying to chase me down. In the end, he had to dismount (to try and DOT, always out of range, <3 blink) and remount about three or four times before finally, I was almost in Refuge Point when, not him, but his Imp finally got me.

I was thoroughly amused. :D

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 09:41:59 pm »
When I was ~level 50 in the Blasted Lands, this 60 rogue decided to try and come up to kill me while I've got like 3 mobs on me (plate + healing > leather). On the way, he pulled 2 mobs on himself, then he did his 1 little AoE move while he was trying to kill me. I ended up bubbling, and all 5 of the mobs got trained onto him, and he died trying to run.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 10:09:00 pm »
When I was ~level 50 in the Blasted Lands, this 60 rogue decided to try and come up to kill me while I've got like 3 mobs on me (plate + healing > leather). On the way, he pulled 2 mobs on himself, then he did his 1 little AoE move while he was trying to kill me. I ended up bubbling, and all 5 of the mobs got trained onto him, and he died trying to run.

Did you tap him to get the honor kill? I suppose it doesn't matter much because you'd get low CP, but it's still one lifetime HK added to your record.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 10:14:12 pm »
I have ~20,000 lifetime honor kills.
Hitmen: art is gay