Author Topic: My schedule!  (Read 18604 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: My schedule!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 05:28:09 pm »
All year long:
Period 1- Honors Choir
Period 2- AP English Language 1
Period 3- AP US History
Period 4- AP Calculus AB
Period 5- AP Physics
No period 6 or 7.
Taking 1-5 means I will get out at 12:20, no lunch at school FTW.
Even after getting a 2 on your AP Euro test your still gunna take that many AP classes?
I did good in the class, I just didnt study for the exam enough

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 05:28:44 pm »
If you did good in the class, that implies you should have held on to the subject matter (and that you understood it), and should have not had to study much for the exam...
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 05:38:34 pm »
If you did good in the class, that implies you should have held on to the subject matter (and that you understood it), and should have not had to study much for the exam...

I don't think this applies as much with things like history, where there is a lot of memorization.  Sometimes I'd memorize stuff a night or two before an in-class test, do reasonably well on the test, and then forget the material a week later.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 05:41:21 pm by Rule »

trust

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 06:51:02 pm »
Study Hall
Study Hall
World History 1
Psychology
AP Environmental Science
AP Literature
AP Comparative Government
Study Hall

I plan to drop AP Environmental Science and a study hall and replace them with easy-A electives.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 06:54:59 pm »
I plan to drop AP Environmental Science and a study hall and replace them with easy-A electives.

Blah. You'd rather walk through high school than actually learn something? :|
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 06:55:30 pm »
Ha...AP Environmental Science should be an easy A.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 06:56:45 pm »
AP Art History is turning out to be an easy A. It seems to be a slower, easier version of World History (which I got a C+ 78.9% in with a failure percent in homework category, and homework is less of your grade in this class!) and we have field trips and we might even go to Spain. Which means me and my buddy Justin are gonna get wasted at whatever hotel we stay at! The senior chicks I bet would buy us booze... and they could party with us! :D ^-^
- Newby

trust

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2006, 07:13:59 pm »

Blah. You'd rather walk through high school than actually learn something? :|

I would rather boost my GPA, even though the Assistant Dean of Admissions told me not to lose sleep over my GPA...I would still like some extra insurance in case I am not accepted for early decision.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 07:16:55 pm »
I would rather boost my GPA, even though the Assistant Dean of Admissions told me not to lose sleep over my GPA...I would still like some extra insurance in case I am not accepted for early decision.

The purpose of education is learning, not achieving the highest GPA.  Taking a class over another because it'll be easier to get a high mark in, even though you'd learn far less useful information, is foolish, in my opinion.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 07:18:06 pm »
Bleh. That's lame Trust. Get an education, not a good GPA. Otherwise you're going to regret it. One grade is not going to kill you unless you've gotten a lot of those one grades all over your 4 years of high school.
- Newby

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 09:04:53 pm »
The purpose of education is learning, not achieving the highest GPA.  Taking a class over another because it'll be easier to get a high mark in, even though you'd learn far less useful information, is foolish, in my opinion.
Nonsense! Dropping out of science, history, and math classes to pursue one's interests in woodworking and dancing is really the best decision anyone could make. 
errr... something like that...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 09:25:09 pm »
My prelim schedule:

General Chem - CHEM 101 034 - Thurs 4:00pm - 4:50pm
General Chem - CHEM 101 070 - Fri 1:00pm - 2:50pm
General Chem - CHEM 101 C - Tues, Thurs 11:00am - 11:50am
Comp Lab - CS 121 079 - Fri 9:00am - 10:50am
Expo Reading/Writing - ENGL 101 166 - Thus 8:00am - 9:20am
Expo Reading/Writing - ENGL 101 900 - TBA
Engineering Design - ENGR 101 013 - Tues 12:00pm - 1:50pm
Engineering Design - ENGR 101 080 - Weds 9:00am - 10:50am
Engineering Design - ENGR 101 B - Weds 11:00am - 11:50am
Calculus 1 - MATH 121 024 - Weds, Fri 12:00pm - 12:50pm
Calculus 1 - MATH 121 F - Tues, Thurs 2:00pm - 3:20pm
The Drexel Experience - UNIV 101 E13 - 12:00pm - 1:50pm

Woot Monday off!

trust

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2006, 11:40:17 pm »

I have no interest in the environment, or a 3rd study hall...

I have to take World History 1 to fulfill credit requirements, since I didn't take it freshmen year due to International Baccalaureate.

Bleh. That's lame Trust. Get an education, not a good GPA. Otherwise you're going to regret it. One grade is not going to kill you unless you've gotten a lot of those one grades all over your 4 years of high school.

Regret it? I doubt it. I'll be getting my education from Hampden-Sydney College beginning in the fall of 2007, I doubt one science class is going to ruin me for the rest of my life. I'll still have two AP classes, anyway. And, yes, I've gotten alot of those grades.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2006, 12:11:50 am »
Regret it? I doubt it. I'll be getting my education from Hampden-Sydney College beginning in the fall of 2007, I doubt one science class is going to ruin me for the rest of my life. I'll still have two AP classes, anyway. And, yes, I've gotten alot of those grades.

That makes it sound like you should take it. :)
- Newby

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2006, 12:34:11 am »
I have no interest in the environment, or a 3rd study hall...

I have to take World History 1 to fulfill credit requirements, since I didn't take it freshmen year due to International Baccalaureate.

What do you think looks more impressive on a transcript: a student with a 3.4 GPA who took a wide variety of classes, including a large number of AP classes or a student with a 4.0 who took electives so they could breeze through high school?

Knowledge determines success... not your GPA.