Author Topic: specialities  (Read 2757 times)

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
specialities
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:04:44 pm »
specialties is a year long research project
and it takes sooooooooooo much time

does anone else have to do these??????

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: specialities
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 07:56:10 pm »
I had a semester-long research project in college composition.  The goal was to learn to write papers that were for a specific audience on a certain subject.  If you pick something complicated to the teacher that they don't understand, your chances of getting a good grade (as long as you don't pull things out of your ass) go up substantially, I think.  My teacher had other people in my school read my paper, but I came out of the class with a high A without much effort.

It's probably too late to be giving advice on the choice of your subject, but: pick something which arouses your interests.  If you choose a dull subject, doing the project won't be any fun and you'll likely get a lower score!

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 08:20:44 pm »
I had a semester-long research project in college composition.  The goal was to learn to write papers that were for a specific audience on a certain subject.  If you pick something complicated to the teacher that they don't understand, your chances of getting a good grade (as long as you don't pull things out of your ass) go up substantially, I think.  My teacher had other people in my school read my paper, but I came out of the class with a high A without much effort.

It's probably too late to be giving advice on the choice of your subject, but: pick something which arouses your interests.  If you choose a dull subject, doing the project won't be any fun and you'll likely get a lower score!

that would be cool if we could pick anything but
our teacher is being gay and we can only choose from 5 topics

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 08:40:54 pm »
Probably so the sort of thing I explained doesn't happen!  Our teacher encouraged us to pick something that interested us, knowing full well that she'd be grading quite a few papers she had little to no background on.  She was a good teacher, but then again, the class size (and total number of students for the class, all sections included) was undoubtedly far smaller at my school (graduating class of 35-ish).

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:30:40 pm »
I have "Court Cases" and it's mad easy.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.