Author Topic: Heaven vs. Hell  (Read 2148 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Heaven vs. Hell
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:36:43 am »
Okay, I have a question for all of you knowledgeable on this stuff.  So I have heard that there is going to be a war between Heaven and Hell.  And what has been demonstrated on Earth the winner is usually the one that kills the most troops which in turn allows them to dominate them.  So, in Heaven or Hell, how would a war like this go on?  I mean, how do you kill something that is already dead? Does that mean when you die in a war you just disappear or is there another dimension of Heaven and Hell that no ones knows about?  And does everyone in both realms fight the war?  Or just chosen ones?

I'm just curious on how anything like this would ever end.  It seems that the most logical explination is that it's a never ending war.  That can't be true, can it?
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Heaven vs. Hell
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:23 pm »
No.  You're speaking of Heaven vs. Hell.  Remember that.  Do you remember who controls heaven?  An omniscient, omnipotent entity.  It won't be neverending and there's no question who will win, according to Christianity and similar religions.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 01:16:55 pm »
Well, why hasn't God stopped the Devil already if he can control that?  Perhaps the Devil is out of God's control? 

And what would be the point of having a war then if he could just stop it?  They say that there will be a war.  Not an inhilation of Hell.

And yes, if I go off what the my beliefs and those of other religions then Heaven will inevitable win, but how is what I am asking.  How will He win?  What is the point of fighting a war when, with just a snap, He could destroy Hell?
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 02:14:14 pm »
Well, why hasn't God stopped the Devil already if he can control that?  Perhaps the Devil is out of God's control? 

How can you presume that time passes in the same fashion by God's "perspective?"  Why do you propose that he should do away with satan immediately?  Nothing is out of the control of an omnipotent being -- especially one of his creations.

And what would be the point of having a war then if he could just stop it?  They say that there will be a war.  Not an inhilation of Hell.

It'll be a "war" until God decides to annhilate anything opposing his will.

And yes, if I go off what the my beliefs and those of other religions then Heaven will inevitable win, but how is what I am asking.  How will He win?  What is the point of fighting a war when, with just a snap, He could destroy Hell?

He's omnipotent and omniscient.  Beings with finite intelligence and ability to understand aren't supposed to comprehend such things.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 02:33:24 pm »

How can you presume that time passes in the same fashion by God's "perspective?"  Why do you propose that he should do away with satan immediately?  Nothing is out of the control of an omnipotent being -- especially one of his creations.

I am not presuming that time is passing the same here as it is there.  But how can you say it's not?  For all we know, time could be the same. I honestly don't know, so I didn't make any assumptions of it when I made that post.  All I said is why wouldn't he want to stop the Devil from doing harm to his creations that he loves?  Why let the Devil do this?  Is it just a game for them?

It'll be a "war" until God decides to annhilate anything opposing his will.
So until He is satisfied, the war will go on?  So basically, it's entertaining for Him to see the suffering of his Angels?  If they do suffer.  It seems kind of pointless to rage a war when, if He is all powerful, could be taken care of before it even starts.

He's omnipotent and omniscient.  Beings with finite intelligence and ability to understand aren't supposed to comprehend such things.
Why?  That doesn't make sense.  He should, if He knows all, comprehend such things.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 02:40:52 pm by AntiVirus »
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 02:52:27 pm »
I am not presuming that time is passing the same here as it is there.  But how can you say it's not?  For all we know, time could be the same. I honestly don't know, so I didn't make any assumptions of it when I made that post.  All I said is why wouldn't he want to stop the Devil from doing harm to his creations that he loves?  Why let the Devil do this?  Is it just a game for them?

I am not concluding anything about time in this case, but you are.  You're basing this series of conclusions on the asumption that time in our perspective even exists to God.  On a tangent, I believe that God is "present" at any point in spacetime, meaning that time doesn't exist to God.  I believe this because it seems it would be required in order for omnipotency.

He does stop Satan from harming humans by providing his Word.  Satan only harms through temptation, which can be avoided by living your life with the scripture as the foundation.  The world transformed from a perfect environment when Adam and Eve committed the first sin: disobeying God's direct order.  No, it's not a game.  God is onmiscient and benevolent.  Everything has a just cause.  However, that does not necessariliy mean that we are supposed to (or are even able to) understand the cause behind his actions.

So until He is satisfied, the war will go on?  So basically, it's entertaining for Him to see the suffering of his Angels?  If they do suffer.  It seems kind of pointless to rage a war when, if He is all powerful, could be taken care of before it even starts.

Again, you're asuming that God exists in the same reality plane that we do.  You're asuming that the flow of time is relatively equal for God.  Why would an omnipotent being be bound by such an inconvenience?  To be omnipotent (which Christianity says he is), he can't be.

He is omnipotent, but that does not necessarily call for him to end all pain immediately.  Spanking a child causes pain, but it is generally for a benevolent purpose, correct?  Perhaps its something like that.  I will not conclude that; I'm simply giving one possible explanation for your series of questions.

Why?  That doesn't make sense.  He should, if He knows all, comprehend such things.

I didn't say that God does not comprehend anything.  I was talking about usWe're the beings with finite intelligence and ability to understand.