Author Topic: Dear iago,  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Dear iago,
« on: September 13, 2006, 07:02:38 pm »
Don't listen to Dragonforce while riding your bike.  It'll give you a heart attack.  It almost gave me one, anyway.  I was going 25 through campus!  I'm lucky it was in the evening, though.  Someone would have been railed. :o

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: Dear iago,
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 08:12:57 pm »
That's kind of fast for riding your bike on Campus.  Were you late to class?
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 08:17:26 pm »
Don't listen to Dragonforce while riding your bike.  It'll give you a heart attack.  It almost gave me one, anyway.  I was going 25 through campus!  I'm lucky it was in the evening, though.  Someone would have been railed. :o
Haha, I've been there, but not with Dragonforce.  I actually set my record speed with my current bike yesterday, at 55.5km/h (34.5mph), although my record including my old bike is about 59km/h.  I do 40km/h (25mph) pretty much daily, there's a big dip by my work where I usually get to that.  I love it when I can pace traffic :)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 08:22:51 pm »
Oh so that speed meter in front of the school wasn't lying when it said I was going 35 :O.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 08:29:25 pm »
I should say, if you got to 25mph on level ground and no wind, that's impressive.  I can get to that if I try really, really hard, but it kills me.  On a good day, I can sustain about 19mph for a few minutes.  My average speed tends to be between 12.5 and 15.5 mph (sorry for weird numbers, I'm converting from km/h:))

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 09:11:15 pm »

Haha, nope.  I was coming back from my last class of the day.

I should say, if you got to 25mph on level ground and no wind, that's impressive.  I can get to that if I try really, really hard, but it kills me.  On a good day, I can sustain about 19mph for a few minutes.  My average speed tends to be between 12.5 and 15.5 mph (sorry for weird numbers, I'm converting from km/h:))

There aren't any noteworthy hills on campus.  It's really flat.  There was a tiny bit of wind, but it was against me when I was looking down at my speedometer, haha.  I usually go 15-18 or so, but I found it easier to exert myself with music.

I'm not sure what my record is.  My speedometer caps at 35 mph, but I've been going pretty fast down a hugeass hill where I used to live.  I've capped it a few times going around the place I lived after the aforementioned town (the one where my parents are still living) but it was going down a hill.  I remember reaching 23 or something like that going up a pretty steep hill when I was late to cross country practice, but that was when I was in exceptional shape.  Now I'm in mediocre shape.

How do yo do your gears?  I normally don't change mine at all because the ground is so flat here.  In fact, I don't think I've purposefully changed it a single time.  I'm usually in "3-6" because "3-7" causes my chain to rub against the chainguard and make a really irritating sound.  I still need to bend it out more, lol.  Riding a bike around places is pretty fun! :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 10:45:50 pm »
Hills or no, I tend to stay in the highest possible gear (3 - 9, I guess). 

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 11:51:38 pm »

Haha, nope.  I was coming back from my last class of the day.

I am surprised no one was killed/hurt. :P

What a bad ass!!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 01:35:13 am »
I am surprised no one was killed/hurt. :P

Me too O_O'.  Haha.  There are extremely wide bike lanes (enough for two to three people to ride side by side on one side) on most of my route.  Pedestrians also use them as they're not dedicated to bicyclists, but getting around them is a minor feat.  I must admit, though, there have been a few close encounters.  One involved a squirrel jumping out at me from a bush (the bush was on a ledge, so it jumped out right in front of my face).  I was bewildered by this squirrel, stopped paying attention and almost hit someone.

I've also had a few encounters with people who don't seem that moving is a good idea.  They see me coming from a distance (I made eye contact), but they wait until the last minute for me to dodge them.  There's one turn onto a really busy sidewalk I have to make that's really dangerous, so I slow way down for that.

What a bad ass!!

Hell no.  I was infused with the power of Dragonforce.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 02:08:49 am »
I was infused with the power of Dragonforce.

Quoted for truth!  They are just really that awesome.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...