Author Topic: From Celtic Punk to Celtic Frost  (Read 1786 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
From Celtic Punk to Celtic Frost
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:39:15 pm »
I saw half of two different concerts last night.  Here's what happened:

7:20ish: got to MTS Centre, which is my city's biggest venue, to see

Clit 45 -- Saw the last 10 minutes or so.  They're all right, got a very raw punk-ish style, which was entertaining.
Comeback Kid -- A hardcore punk band from Winnipeg (yay!).  I'm a fan of Metalcore, so I actually liked their music style a lot.
Dropkick Murpheys -- Who can't like a show featuring bagpipes, accordians, some stringed instrument that resembled (but wasn't) a banjo, and all the good looking females from the audience invited to dance on stage?  Celtic punk is a whole lot of fun, but we had to leave a little early to make the next show.

9:30ish: walked through downtown and the exchange, which probably one of the worser neighbourhoods in Winnipeg (yes, worser) to get to the Royal Albert.  The Royal Albert is probably the most dive-like dirty scummy bar in town, but it's also got the best metal shows.  It was also extremely hot and crowded. 

Sahg -- I saw approximately 10 seconds of Sahg.  Probably less, actually -- like the last note.  But it was pretty good! 
1349 -- Super cool, I love the effects of the face-paint and the whole modern black-metal style.  Probably my favoritest band of the night.  They played for about 45 minutes.
Celtic Frost -- Also really good.  I've never heard their music before (Since Newby sucks at sending me stuff I ask for, instead sending me stuff HE likes :P), and it was near.  I've never heard that style before (doom-metal, I guess?), and I like it.  Played for close to 2 hours. 

Going from the super-hot crowded sweaty smelly humidity, and it was raining and ice-cold outside, was such a relief!  All that, and I was home by 1am.  Not bad!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 05:31:57 pm by iago »

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: From Celtic Punk to Celtic Frost
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:30:42 pm »
Celtic Frost played both places?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: From Celtic Punk to Celtic Frost
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 05:31:18 pm »