Author Topic: rabbit's All Purpose WTF/OMG Thread  (Read 11710 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
rabbit's All Purpose WTF/OMG Thread
« on: October 03, 2006, 07:06:31 pm »
Can I have multiple characters, on different realms, on the same account?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 04:31:54 pm by rabbit »

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:56:45 pm »
Sure
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 07:59:57 pm »
Can I have multiple characters, on different realms, on the same account?

Yep, there is a maximum number of characters but I can't remember it.  You just can't have Alliance and Horde on the same server if it's a *PvP server.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 08:22:16 pm »
Of course...

You can have up to nine characters on one realm per account.  As Furious said, you can't have both factions on one realm if it's a PvP realm.

Shouldn't this be easy enough to figure out by creating characters on arbitrary realms? :P

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 06:49:31 am »
I don't have the install discs yet, silly :P

And about what you said, does that mean that I can have up to 36 characters (which I doubt)?  Or is my account locked to a single realm (which I also doubt)?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 08:07:16 am »
What Sidoh said, only it's 10 characters (the create character button disapears when the 10th is created to make room, since it's now useless anyhow). 50 characters world-wide.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 10:31:45 am »
I don't have the install discs yet, silly :P

And about what you said, does that mean that I can have up to 36 characters (which I doubt)?  Or is my account locked to a single realm (which I also doubt)?

Negative, you can do any realm you choose ( with the exception of the EU realms ).

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 11:31:28 am »
Has anyone tried logging on to EU realms with a US account (changing realmlist.wtf)?

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 04:06:41 pm »
Has anyone tried logging on to EU realms with a US account (changing realmlist.wtf)?

Nope. -.^

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 11:34:49 pm »
The account info is only stored on the server you put your cdkey in for.  So... nope.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: rabbit's All Purpose WTF/OMG Thread
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 04:32:44 pm »
Okay.  I have level 2 on Maelstrom named Hoyloistin.  Now what?  I killed a bunch of wolves and some of those thingies.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 07:34:40 pm by rabbit »

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 04:55:34 pm »
Run around, talk to people with "!"'s over their head, try to hit some levels, and you'll get the hang of it. That's what I did.  :P
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 05:12:27 pm »
Here, read this: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=53009&ForumID=243570&TabID=463653&TopicID=2459027
That guy has 8 60s. Everything except a shamen. He levels them FAST too, so he knows what he is doing. The general idea is do quests as fast as you can, and get quests that involve the same thing in the same area. The key thing is to kill fast :P

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 08:09:00 am »
Eh that guys dumb, "I already have guys in full tier0." congrats nub. I recommend doing almost nothing but quests, however you should be running instances once in a while just to get some new gelar. At level 30, go to http://www.wow-pro.com and follow Jame's Alliance Leveling Guide, it's the best there is. (If you're horde, reroll.  :P) At around lvl57, you can grind constant scholo/strat for some really good XP, and some good drops. I also recommend grinding scholo/strat for Argent Dawn rep.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 08:30:44 am »
Instances?  What?

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 09:21:37 am »
Instances?  What?

You'll see. Like I said, run around talk to people with "!"'s over their head, try to do what they're asking you to do, and just keep playing. You'll figure it all out. It's easy.  :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 11:19:45 am »
Why are you learning how to try to play the game over a forum?  It's way better to ask a friend while they're on WoW while you're on.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 12:43:50 pm »
Zerostorm = me
Troten = Kraze
tagdaris = Furious
Xalis = Warrior
Towelie = Guess?

Add all of us to your friends list and just msg me for help w/e.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 08:30:44 pm »
How?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 08:57:26 pm »
Here, read this: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=53009&ForumID=243570&TabID=463653&TopicID=2459027
That guy has 8 60s. Everything except a shamen. He levels them FAST too, so he knows what he is doing. The general idea is do quests as fast as you can, and get quests that involve the same thing in the same area. The key thing is to kill fast :P
I entirely disagree with you here. I recommend rabbit to enjoy the game the first time up to 60.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 08:08:00 am »
I entirely disagree with you here. I recommend rabbit to enjoy the game the first time up to 60.

Mhm, have fun with all your levels. It's hard with a lot of different classes, for instance I hate druids and paladins under 60, they're a pain to level, atleast for me. My warlock was fun to level throughout the entire game though, and I'm sure I'll have fun leveling it to 70 in a few months.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 08:48:19 pm »
I need help with leveling...and..everything else.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 09:02:57 pm »

Huh?  You playing on Maelstrom?  Post up your character's name.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 09:18:46 pm »

You shouldn't need help leveling until you get up to level 25-30 or so.  Solo questing up until that point is by far the fastest way to level.  In fact, solo questing is the fastest way to level to 60, I think.  You just have to know which quests to do and when to grind instead of quest.

Unless, of course, you're an insane AoE-crazy mage like Blaze....d!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 09:25:44 pm by Sidoh »

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 09:36:36 pm »
...I don't know what "grind" is.  Anyway, the quests I have to do are: find Rofl's body (I get swarmed by about 10 Murlocs and get killed) and kill Princess (where I get swarmed by about 10 Durias and get killed).  This leads me to believe I need to level, which is annoying, considering I get about 60 exp from anything I kill.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 10:14:03 pm »
...I don't know what "grind" is.  Anyway, the quests I have to do are: find Rofl's body (I get swarmed by about 10 Murlocs and get killed) and kill Princess (where I get swarmed by about 10 Durias and get killed).  This leads me to believe I need to level, which is annoying, considering I get about 60 exp from anything I kill.

I wouldn't compain about that!  The most experience you can get from (any) mob in the game that you can reasonably solo is around 1200 without the rested bonus.  Since the amount of experience needed to level increases by ~13 times from 6 compared to 30 and you still are getting nowhere near the amount of experience I just mentioned, leveling becomes increasingly more painful.

Grinding refers to the continuous killing of one set of mobs in a certain area.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 11:41:31 pm »
The key to Princess and Find Rolf's Body is to show no mercy to the mobs that could later come own you. Murloc camps are hard pulls, but if you have a buddy with you (preferably a healing class) it should be easy. Pricess's farm isn't that hard. Going in kill the two defias by the wagon, then the defias around the house, and finally the defias inside the house. Then kill and shift-rightclick loot (instant loot, the window doesn't come up, 'tis useful) and then even if her bodyguards kill you, you've still go the loot. You've gotta prioritize what mobs you'll kill if it's clearly suicide.

What server are you on? If it's Thunderlord I'll be your hitman as soon as I resubscribe.

EDIT -
Seeing as how nobody answered, apparently:

Instance are a dungeon, or a castle, or something with a series of mini-bosses (extremely hard mobs that drop good loot, relative to normal mobs) and are filled with "elite" mobs (harder than normal mobs), which finally have a boss that's usually entwined in a bunch of quest lines in the area. They're called instances because for each group (usually 5 men, eventually you'll do ten-man (Blackrock Spire) and 40 man (Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Naxxramas)) theres a seperate "instance" of the area, so nobody else can come in and kill your mobs.

A list of low-level instances:
The Deadmines (Level 20, Westfall), hideout of the Defias, run by Edwin VanCleef.
Ruins of Gnomeregan (25, Dun Morogh), trogg/radiation-infested Gnomish city. I don't think it has one main boss, but several mini-bosses.
Scarlet Monestary (Level 33+, Trisifal Glades (Horde territory!)), four instances inhabited by the Scarlet Crusade, the "zomg the world is full of evil undead people in disguise!!!!!!" paladins who survived the scourging of Lordaeron (the big castle you'll see when going up there).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:47:34 pm by Joe[x86] »

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 08:42:31 am »
I'm on Maelstrom.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 09:33:34 am »
Your first 60 will take you awhile, don't let anyone else play it, you won't learn anything. What class are you playing??

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2006, 01:40:01 pm »
The Deadmines (Level 20, Westfall), hideout of the Defias, run by Edwin VanCleef.
Ruins of Gnomeregan (25, Dun Morogh), trogg/radiation-infested Gnomish city. I don't think it has one main boss, but several mini-bosses.
Scarlet Monestary (Level 33+, Trisifal Glades (Horde territory!)), four instances inhabited by the Scarlet Crusade, the "zomg the world is full of evil undead people in disguise!!!!!!" paladins who survived the scourging of Lordaeron (the big castle you'll see when going up there).

You left out all of the Horde instances: Ragefire Chasm, Wailing Caverns, Razorfen Kraul.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 03:17:03 pm »

You left out all of the Horde instances: Ragefire Chasm, Wailing Caverns, Razorfen Kraul.

Razorfen Downs, etc. :p

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 04:06:45 pm »
I can help you with whatever, add Xalis to your friends
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 05:08:25 pm »

Razorfen Downs, etc. :p

Yeah, RFD should have went in the list too.  It's more 35+, though... as is SM, but oh well.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 05:26:22 pm »
Your first 60 will take you awhile, don't let anyone else play it, you won't learn anything. What class are you playing??
Human Warrior (of doom!)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 08:51:45 pm »
Human Warrior (of doom!)

I've got a 10 Gnome Warrior and an 22 Human Priest, let me know if you need some help and I'll jump on.   :P

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 11:16:13 pm »
Gnomeregan has a boss... :(

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2006, 05:13:19 am »
Gnomeregan has a boss... :(

Gnomer blows  :-[

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2006, 12:59:37 pm »
Gnomers Boss is like a 36 Elite that drops bombs on you :(

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 05:43:03 pm »
I solo'd him. Kthx.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2006, 07:16:01 pm »
I solo'd him. Kthx.

Solo'd a 36 elite?! *gawks*  ::)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 02:44:02 pm »
I never want to run Gnomeregan again..ever.

It was the most unpleasant instance I've ever run. Seriously after four hours of work we wiped right near the last boss.

Atleast I got the key :/

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006, 03:13:52 pm »
rabbit likes to try and solo the 17-20 elites in the Deadmines @ 15.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006, 03:53:44 pm »
I liked Gnomer... maybe its because I don't remember whipping often.  Oh well, it looks cool, too.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 06:36:38 pm »
13, dammit.  And I didn't solo anything.  I fell, swam for land, and got raped by random jiblets that I aggrod from 100 feet.  Then I got nuke by a patrol.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 06:41:28 pm »
13, dammit.  And I didn't solo anything.  I fell, swam for land, and got raped by random jiblets that I aggrod from 100 feet.  Then I got nuke by a patrol.

:-*

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 06:57:52 pm »
Haha funniest VC run ever:

"Rabbit hold still"
Rabbit: "AAAAAHHH"
Rabbit you're aggroing the whole town
Rabbit: "AAHA wtf I'm dead. -.-"
*Xalis kills town*
Rabbit: "You rock war"

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2006, 07:17:43 pm »
Lies.  It was more like:
Xalis: dont move
* Hayloistin runs around
Xalis: i said dont move!  you aggro the whole town
Hayloistin: stfu and kill them
* Hayloistin dies
Hayloistin: mother fucker
* Xalis kills the town
Xalis: o well, at least its clear now

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2006, 07:21:12 pm »
hahahah

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2006, 07:26:35 pm »
You newbs make me sick =(.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2006, 07:35:59 pm »
Lies.  It was more like:
Xalis: dont move
* Hayloistin runs around
Xalis: i said dont move!  you aggro the whole town
Hayloistin: stfu and kill them
* Hayloistin dies
Hayloistin: mother fucker
* Xalis Tagdaris kills the town
Xalis: o well, at least its clear now

Fixed it.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2006, 07:38:23 pm »
Lies...I owned Moonbrook

*Intimidating Shout*
*Blood Rage*
*Sunder*
*Attack and kill one by one*

chea

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2006, 09:18:44 pm »
Fixed it.
Nah, we were talking about Saturday, not yesterday :P

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2006, 11:19:37 pm »
A paladin friend of mine and me (60 Holydin and 60 Firelock is the combination that cannot be killed) solo'd Deadmines in like 10 minutes.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2006, 08:10:31 am »
A paladin friend of mine and me (60 Holydin and 60 Firelock is the combination that cannot be killed) solo'd Deadmines in like 10 minutes.

I've been solo'ing deadmines since level 39ish, it takes me less than an hour.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2006, 09:41:54 am »
2 people != solo
Hitmen: art is gay