Author Topic: Back  (Read 11814 times)

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
Re: Back
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 10:01:38 pm »
Yeah it's pretty depressing.  The upside is that no matter where we go for travel people always seem friendly.  Hell, we thought people on the NYC subway were "so nice" for nodding and occasionally saying hello or asking how we were doing.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 03:48:05 pm »
I finally got around to uploading pictures: http://www.javaop.com/~ron/ospap/show_category.php?category_id=36

I didn't take much, mostly just in the Mall of America. 
My dad has that car, a 350c. I love driving it because my car... has no power :P, so driving his car is great. But because of that, he doesnt let me drive it a lot ( I accelerate pretty damn hard in it :P )

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 04:19:04 pm »
I actually didn't like the car much at all.  The windows were too small, automatic seats are annoying, and there was a lot about it that I didn't like.  Looking cool was probably the only good thing about it. 

I still like driving a small/sub-compact car.  It's better for the environment, easier to park, and cheaper to maintain.  Sure, it didn't really get good acceleration, but who cares?  I'm not racing.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 05:43:28 pm »
I actually didn't like the car much at all.  The windows were too small, automatic seats are annoying, and there was a lot about it that I didn't like.  Looking cool was probably the only good thing about it. 

I still like driving a small/sub-compact car.  It's better for the environment, easier to park, and cheaper to maintain.  Sure, it didn't really get good acceleration, but who cares?  I'm not racing.

My small car gets good acceleration. What the hell are you talking about?
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 05:45:58 pm »

I think it looks great, and there is not much I don't like about my dad's car. I don't have a problem with the windows/seats :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 07:33:36 pm »

Holy shit, my car and you car are the same size but aren't the exact same?  That's unheard of! 

(disclaimer: it's not my car anymore, that was awhile back)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 08:14:35 pm »

Holy shit, my car and you car are the same size but aren't the exact same?  That's unheard of! 

(disclaimer: it's not my car anymore, that was awhile back)

You said that you liked driving _a_ small car, even though it didn't have great acceleration. You didn't say that you liked driving YOUR old car. My car _is_ small, so it fits the criteria.. however, it has excellent acceleration. What the hell is wrong with you? ;p
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 10:01:52 pm »
You said that you liked driving _a_ small car, even though it didn't have great acceleration. You didn't say that you liked driving YOUR old car. My car _is_ small, so it fits the criteria.. however, it has excellent acceleration. What the hell is wrong with you? ;p
I said I like to drive _a_ small car.  Then I went on to describe _my_small car.  Notice how I said, "Sure, it didn't...." and not "Sure, they don't..."

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 11:13:59 pm »
I said I like to drive _a_ small car.  Then I went on to describe _my_small car.  Notice how I said, "Sure, it didn't...." and not "Sure, they don't..."

You actually described all small cars. The only thing signifying that you meant _your_ car was the "it" which is entirely the point. It looks, however, like you were intending that for all small cars.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 01:18:45 am »
 ::)
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 08:27:50 am »

You actually described all small cars. The only thing signifying that you meant _your_ car was the "it" which is entirely the point. It looks, however, like you were intending that for all small cars.

In the context, "it" would have to refer to a specific car, not a group or class. 

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 08:40:24 am »
 ::)  :D