Author Topic: Sacramento Teen Question by Secret Service  (Read 7156 times)

trust

Sacramento Teen Question by Secret Service
« on: October 14, 2006, 11:09:40 am »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15258484/

What do you all think of that? I don't think the Secret Service did anything worthy of criticism, they have to handle every threat as if it's 120% serious and it's certainly possible for a 14 year old to be a danger to the President. Look at all the kids (like that 8 year old) shooting their friends and classmates...why does she think she isn't a threat because of her age? She described herself as peace-loving, bs, if she was peace-loving she wouldn't have "Kill Bush" on her MySpace. There are better ways to be politically passionate than making death threats.

I think it's funny though that she'll probably never be allowed at any event that requires secret-service clearance, whether the president is Republican or Democrat.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Sacramento Teen Question by Secret Service
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 11:22:22 am »
Haha, as much as I don't like Bush, that's going too far. 

I don't suppose this falls under "Free Speech", does it?  I don't really think so, but I can see some people arguing that it does

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:46:14 am »
I think it's ridiculous. "OH NOES, A THREAT ON THE INTERWEBS"
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 11:55:35 am »

I don't suppose this falls under "Free Speech", does it?  I don't really think so, but I can see some people arguing that it does

No because it's a threat to national security.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 12:01:09 pm »

So if a kid in Canada that uses MySpace threatens Bush, what're they gonna do?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 01:20:16 pm »

That doesn't sound right to me, because of the basis of your constitution (armed militia groups are encouraged?), but that's ok.  I have a bigger question. 

Is killing the president really a threat to national security?  I mean, there's other people ready to take over, and it's not like she's planning a coup or something..

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 01:24:26 pm »
No offense to anyone of either party, but you are going to get very biased answers to those kinds of questions from republicans and democrats.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 01:28:56 pm »
What a little bitch. "OMG OMG THEY WEREN'T NICE TO ME!" I would've been pissed if I was a secret service agent, having to come all the way to California to do their job because some dumbass freshman girl decided to put a picture of herself killing Bush...

That doesn't sound right to me, because of the basis of your constitution (armed militia groups are encouraged?), but that's ok.  I have a bigger question. 

Is killing the president really a threat to national security?  I mean, there's other people ready to take over, and it's not like she's planning a coup or something..

iago, don't be silly.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 01:49:58 pm »
No offense to anyone of either party, but you are going to get very biased answers to those kinds of questions from republicans and democrats.
Then we can pretend they wanted to kill Clinton, too.  My answer would be the same either way.  :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 02:58:16 pm »
National security cause we're without a leader for a short amount of time & then the whole country is in some state of vulnerability.

Also, its a threat...threats against the president are taken more seriously than against regular people, but if I found a MySpace that said kill (my name) I'd report that to the police & want them arrested too

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 03:01:31 pm »
I agree that this is a small threat to national security.  That doesn't mean it tops North Korea or anything like that, though.

The stupid little girl was way out of line and should have never posted anything like that on public domain.  What a fool.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 03:09:22 pm »
Then we can pretend they wanted to kill Clinton, too.  My answer would be the same either way.  :)
I wasn't referring to Bush at all.  Chances are if you ask any given Republican a question about 'National Security', freedom of speech, or constitutional rights their answer will differ consideratly from any given Democrat.  Those are all topics of considerable controversy between the two parties.  Personally, I prefer to not be associated with any set of ideals and vote on what I think is important, not what I think is more likely to win based on a party affiliation.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 03:11:03 pm »
I wasn't referring to Bush at all.  Chances are if you ask any given Republican a question about 'National Security', freedom of speech, or constitutional rights their answer will differ consideratly from any given Democrat.  Those are all topics of considerable controversy between the two parties.  Personally, I prefer to not be associated with any set of ideals and vote on what I think is important, not what I think is more likely to win based on a party affiliation.

I think the definition of existing constitutional rights is pretty objective, isn't it?

I agree with being politically independant, though.  I'm generally more conservative than I am liberal, but I still don't think I'd want to be a republican.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 03:15:04 pm »
National security cause we're without a leader for a short amount of time & then the whole country is in some state of vulnerability.
Doesn't the power instantly pass to the Vice President?  Or am I mistaken?

I think the definition of existing constitutional rights is pretty objective, isn't it?
Not at all, I don't think. 

I agree with being politically independant, though.  I'm generally more conservative than I am liberal, but I still don't think I'd want to be a republican.
independent* :P

But anyway, I agree.  I think all politicians suck, the people who are good at getting votes should NOT be the people who run a country.  People are too gullible.  Democracy sucks.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 03:21:16 pm »
Not at all, I don't think. 

That's what The Constitution exists for... :-\

independent* :P

::)

But anyway, I agree.  I think all politicians suck, the people who are good at getting votes should NOT be the people who run a country.  People are too gullible.  Democracy sucks.

Heh.  It's better than communism.