Author Topic: First few signatures...  (Read 6025 times)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
First few signatures...
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:18:45 am »
Well, this last week I've been taking some time to look at photoshop. I like some of the things you can do with it... so far I've come up with these:

AA:

AVA:

And the sig that I'm using.

I know their simple, but I have no experience.

What do you think?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:20:25 am by Killer360 »

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: First few signatures...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 03:56:35 pm »
looks to me like you learned how to copy and paste :-/
My advice is start doing tutorials.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:02:13 pm »
I find your signature images are too large, I'd start aiming for half the height.  I keep blocking your signature images because they take up too much room :)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 03:44:42 pm »
I find your signature images are too large, I'd start aiming for half the height.  I keep blocking your signature images because they take up too much room :)
I did that too :P Only because it is so large... and boring!

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 05:16:33 pm »
 :-\ Most forums have the 180 pixels X whatever rule. And it is 180 pixels. But if you're going to be critical about it, I'll change it. :P

Also, I know their plain, but some people might like that. Maybe I don't nessessarily like using brushes and renders and crap? I just like to have the image(s) and a bit of text. :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:23:21 pm by Killer360 »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 05:35:55 pm »
:-\ Most forums have the 180 pixels X whatever rule. And it is 180 pixels. But if you're going to be critical about it, I'll change it. :P
[/qoute]

That doesn't mean that we agree with that!  I'd have to say I concur with iago.  They're a bit too tall.

Also, I know their plain, but some people might like that. Maybe I don't nessessarily like using brushes and renders and crap? I just like to have the image(s) and a bit of text. :)

If that's the case, why aren't you using MS Paint?! :)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 06:51:30 pm »
[/qoute]

That doesn't mean that we agree with that!  I'd have to say I concur with iago.  They're a bit too tall.

If that's the case, why aren't you using MS Paint?! :)
Because I find photoshop easier? And according to my knowledge you can't resize images in paint without distorting them.

Also, I didn't just get these images off google images... I had to take a SS, resize them, then paste them.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ewh-semt/alt_formats/hecs-sesc/pdf/occup-travail/whmis-simdut/faq/poster_symbols_e.pdf
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 06:54:06 pm by Killer360 »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 07:03:31 pm »
Because I find photoshop easier? And according to my knowledge you can't resize images in paint without distorting them.

Also, I didn't just get these images off google images... I had to take a SS, resize them, then paste them.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ewh-semt/alt_formats/hecs-sesc/pdf/occup-travail/whmis-simdut/faq/poster_symbols_e.pdf

Yes, I know, but you ignore 99% of the functionality Photoshop provides!  You should try it. :)

That depends on the type of resizing you're doing.  I've never used an image application that doesn't have the ability to resize something to smaller dimensions without distortion.  I also don't know of any program that can resize a (normal) image to larger dimensions without distortion.  Photoshop has something called vector images, which does allow for the resizing of a shape (ie a logo) without distortion, but that's strictly for developing the image or for reuse of that logo (maybe you want it to appear larger on a different document, but you don't want it to look distorted).  When you're done, you convert the image to a distributable format, such as JPEG or PNG.

It's true that photoshop does have a bit more capability to reduce distortion, but that doesn't mean it totally prevents it!  It does some antialiasing when you resize small picture into a bigger one, but if it's a very detailed (it doesn't take much detail!) picture, the effects of distortion are pretty noticeable.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 11:12:24 pm »
like I said, do every tutorial you can get your hands on. Photoshop has wonderful features