what would you guys do?

play lacrosse
3 (33.3%)
Work
6 (66.7%)
both(taking time from school)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: lacrosse or work???  (Read 6096 times)

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
lacrosse or work???
« on: October 17, 2006, 09:41:07 pm »
hey im having a big dispute about this.
i would like to play lacrosse and be a stud
but i also have to work to earn some money
i would like to do both but school is very important to me
HELP*****

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: lacrosse or work???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 09:42:02 pm »
Hard decision. I'd personally play lacrosse, but I'd go with money. In the end, it'll look better and be better.

You probably won't go pro lacrosse. Job experience and money is nice no matter what, though.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 10:54:49 pm »
lax trust me.  works good until you can't do anything. My friend/coworker had to miss alot of games/practices last year because of work. I won't stand for that if my boss tries to do that to me - I'll quit. It's my last year for varsity lax (unless I make the team in college) and I'm definitely going to relish in the moment.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 10:59:21 pm »
money money MONEY (imagine the tune in your head now)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 01:27:11 am »
Honestly, you don't need any fucking money yet. Wait untill you go out to college to get a job :P

trust

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 08:51:15 am »
Honestly, you don't need any fucking money yet. Wait untill you go out to college to get a job :P

nobody wants to work in college! He could get a job and save money so he won't have to work in college, and then just work a couple days when he comes back on break (if it's a job that will keep you on payroll.) That's what my friend does.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 09:38:00 am »
Work, definitely.  Like Newby said, sports will only get you so far unless you're a total pro, but job experience will get you further.

trust

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 04:49:25 pm »
Work, definitely.  Like Newby said, sports will only get you so far unless you're a total pro, but job experience will get you further.

But lax is more fun, will get him girls (3 girls came up to me after school today when I was playing wallball), and just makes him sweet. Plus, if he gets a job they'll mandate when he can play and when he can do whatever and it sucks.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 05:45:03 pm »
Play lacrosse. It will benefit and distinguish you more in the long run than a grunt job will -- and it will be more fun.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 06:34:15 pm »
Plus, if he gets a job they'll mandate when he can play and when he can do whatever and it sucks.

Welcome to the rest of your life.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 06:45:53 pm »
the experience from the job he gets will not help him later :-/

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 06:50:04 pm »
the experience from the job he gets will not help him later :-/

Uh, yes it will...

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 06:51:21 pm »
I agree with Rule, even if you don't go pro you'll still have a shitload of fun. Wasting your time at a job you probably wont touch for the rest of your life isn't going to do much for you.

I'd rather enjoy whats left of my childhood if I were you.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 06:52:36 pm »
I agree with Rule, even if you don't go pro you'll still have a shitload of fun. Wasting your time at a job you probably wont touch for the rest of your life isn't going to do much for you.

I'd rather enjoy whats left of my childhood if I were you.

I agree to an extent, but I believe that a job experience while maintaining that job isn't necessarily important is very useful.

trust

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 06:54:18 pm »
Plus, if he gets a job they'll mandate when he can play and when he can do whatever and it sucks.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Which is why he should play lacrosse instead, he has his whole life to work. Unless he can balance it and do both I wouldn't take the job (unless there's pressure from your parents..like I had.)

Plus lacrosse opens you up to alot of stuff. It just looks good, it's a team sport which requires both individual work and the ability to work together. My lacrosse coach wrote me an awesome recommendation on leadership, an I think a really good recommendation and the experience lacrosse gives you is much better than a part time job.

Plus, pro lax players make like $12,000 a year. They do it because they love it, but they also have outside jobs. Of course he probably won't go pro, but it's a fun and healthy and just plain awesome pasttime. Maybe he'll play in college, maybe he'll get a scholarship - who knows?