Author Topic: Saw III  (Read 7446 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Saw III
« on: October 27, 2006, 11:34:33 pm »
I went and saw this with my friend tonight... it was stupid -- something you'd expect from a Saw movie.  If you liked the other two, you'd probably like this one.  It has quite a few more twists and I think it's (hopefully) correct to say there won't be a Saw IV. :)

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
Re: Saw III
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 12:00:01 am »
I plan on watching this movie tomorrow with some friends. I've been looking forward to this movie for a long time; I loved Saw I & Saw II.  :)!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 12:04:04 am »
After the shit they pulled on me at the theater for Jackass 2, I plan to pirate this film. Twice.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 12:23:46 am »
After the shit they pulled on me at the theater for Jackass 2, I plan to pirate this film. Twice.

???

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 12:25:51 am »
???

Long story short, an R rated movie meant I had to be 21. They can eat shit.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 01:26:03 am »
???

What bs.

I'd see this but I'm 16 and it's so much effort to get one of my parents to find a movie they want to see around the same time so they can walk in with me and then leave.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 02:37:18 am »
???

What bs.

I'd see this but I'm 16 and it's so much effort to get one of my parents to find a movie they want to see around the same time so they can walk in with me and then leave.
Do what I do. Go with a friend and sneak in :P

trust

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 08:07:07 am »
R means 17+...that's whack that they said you had to be 21. My friend and I were sold tickets to Tupac Ressurection when we were in eigth grade, but the cops at the front of that theater stopped us. (It was like opening night or something for it so they had police there in case of gangs or whatever.) We saw Elf instead.

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 12:37:55 am »
R means 17+...that's whack that they said you had to be 21. My friend and I were sold tickets to Tupac Ressurection when we were in eigth grade, but the cops at the front of that theater stopped us. (It was like opening night or something for it so they had police there in case of gangs or whatever.) We saw Elf instead.

Hardcore
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 12:44:30 am »

Hardcore

<3.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

trust

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 02:03:45 pm »

Hardcore

haha I know. Elf was good though.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 01:54:01 pm »
R is 17+ here too...except they dont care.  My friend was like 14 (& short for 14) & got R tickets

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 11:41:23 pm »
I think the real BS here is that Newby is complaining he had to be 21+ to see a rated R movie and that it should have been 17+ when he's only 16 anyhow. :P
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 11:14:35 pm »
Lmao, I didn't like the other two, but I am still going to see this.  What a waste of money, but eh?  I just want a good laugh.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 09:34:26 am »
R means over 17, at least according to Wikipedia. 

In any case, I saw it last night.  It started off slow, with a bunch of killings in the normal way, sort of.  It seemed rather disappointing, for reasons I won't go into here.  I was thinking that this was going to be a lame, killing-spree movie.  But as it progressed, the plot improved, and I actually really liked it.  I liked how everything, including the killings at the beginning, all came together. 

One thing I didn't like: it was too friggin' dark!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 12:24:48 pm »
It was too dark!  I thought that was just where I was sitting in the theatre, though.  My friend wanted to sit in the very front.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 02:19:35 pm »
It was too dark!  I thought that was just where I was sitting in the theatre, though.  My friend wanted to sit in the very front.
I normally sit in the front of the back section, which is fairly close.  But this time, I sat about 4 or 5 rows above that, since I was with my sister.  Still dark.  I think it's supposed to be dark, which is too bad, it could have been just as good light..

trust

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 08:15:51 am »
I saw this last night, my friend and I both liked it.

I don't think it's "safe to say" there won't be a Saw IV. I mean, there were plenty of questions left unanswered like what happened to Jeff and his daughter. Jigsaw said only he holds the location of his daugter, maybe it's physically inside him or something.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 10:26:05 am »
Saw movies are always dark.  It's supposed to add to the mood -- I think it's just because they're too lazy to hire someone to do lighting for them.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 01:28:22 pm »
I don't think it's "safe to say" there won't be a Saw IV. I mean, there were plenty of questions left unanswered like what happened to Jeff and his daughter. Jigsaw said only he holds the location of his daugter, maybe it's physically inside him or something.

I noticed.  I'm just hoping that was adding to the somber ending discouraging revenge.  Am I imagining something, or did Jeff get locked in?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 03:09:56 pm »

I noticed.  I'm just hoping that was adding to the somber ending discouraging revenge.  Am I imagining something, or did Jeff get locked in?

Yeah, I think he got locked in.  Which is the perfect start to Jigsaw's posthumous game

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 03:46:58 pm »
Yeah, I think he got locked in.  Which is the perfect start to Jigsaw's posthumous game

True, but it seemed to end in such a way that his imminent death was punishment for acting on revenge.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 04:27:01 pm »
I think the real BS here is that Newby is complaining he had to be 21+ to see a rated R movie and that it should have been 17+ when he's only 16 anyhow. :P

I think that's the one post you've made that I actually respect in its entirety. +1

(Completely sincere here.)

I still have to pirate this movie. :(
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 05:01:53 pm »
This is the kind of movie that I think works best, by far, at a theatre -- I couldn't even imagine watching it on DVD, nevermind pirating.. oh well :P

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 08:11:19 pm »

Quote from: wikipedia
By killing him, Jeff has failed the final test, and learned nothing in his ordeal. For living a life consumed by vengeance and hatred, he must now be punished. Lynn's collar light starts to flash red. The doors of the warehouse all latch shut (seemingly also monitored by Jigsaw's heart rate).

Thinking back, when Jigsaw was trying to convince Amanda that she shouldn't kill Jeff's wife, he said that if she killed her, four people would die here today.  It is possible that it is set up to prevent his escape in any event, considering that he has already failed his test.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 08:14:18 pm by Lord[nK] »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 11:15:22 pm »
Speaking of people who we assume are dead, what happened to Eric Matthews (asshole cop from the first one)?  Last we heard of him, Jigsaw said that Amanda had left him for dead, so he had to clean up Amanda's mess. 

It sounds to me like Eric might still be alive?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 12:30:42 am »
He looked like he was pretty fucked to me.  She locked him in a room with his foot cut off.  I doubt he lasted long enough to be considered alive.

I'm still pretty sure there won't be a Saw IV.  I'm hoping, at least.

trust

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 01:15:39 am »
Detective Matthews broke his ankle, he didn't chop his foot off. But his story was never elaborated on. I doubt Jigsaw killed him, as he despises murders. So what happened to him? Did Jigsaw recruit him or something?

This is the first time I saw Saw in theaters, the previous two I watched on my computer. Unfortunately, the theater never turned the lights off so it wasn't dark. :(

@Lord: I'm sure Jigsaw knew how events would play out, but he wanted to stay alive long enough to ensure they played out the way they did. (A reason the doctor was chosen)

Dead People Count: Amanda, Jigsaw, Doctor Whatever

Jeff is still alive and so is the little girl to our knowledge. Jeff wouldn't die that day unless he kills himself because, as far as we know, he's only locked in...so he'll definitely be able to live without food and water for a few days. Who was the fourth person?

Saw is written in a way that the little things that are said end up being really important. I don't think this is over.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 01:42:47 am »
Detective Matthews broke his ankle, he didn't chop his foot off. But his story was never elaborated on. I doubt Jigsaw killed him, as he despises murders. So what happened to him? Did Jigsaw recruit him or something?

Yeah, but Amanda was assigned to look over him.  She was unaware of Jigsaw's knowledge of her actions until the end, it seemed.  To me, this would indicate Jigsaw ignoring the situation and allowing him to die.  Plus, wasn't Detective Matthews from the first Saw?  I never got into any of the movies, so paying close attention was hard for me to do.

Jeff is still alive and so is the little girl to our knowledge. Jeff wouldn't die that day unless he kills himself because, as far as we know, he's only locked in...so he'll definitely be able to live without food and water for a few days. Who was the fourth person?

Assumingly, so were the other victims who were locked inside a room in the other Saw movies.  That doesn't mean that their story was worth continuing.

I'm not saying the writers have removed all possibility of a sequel.  I'm saying any followup to a conclusion like Saw III's probably isn't going to make for a good movie and the producers are (hopefully) intelligent enough to recognize that.  I'm going to abide by my orginal statement: "I think it's safe to say there won't be a Saw IV."

trust

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 01:03:18 pm »
I don't know why I'm sitting here trying to argue about why there should be a Saw III, because I read the other day that it's already in production (release day Halloween 2007.)

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=13374

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 01:23:28 pm »
My hopes and dreams are crushed.  The terrible series continues. :(

My guess is it's highly unrelated to the other three.  I think they've milked enough out of the current characters (especially now that most of them are supposed to be dead).

trust

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 06:43:13 am »
According to Wikipeda, Tobin Bell is supposed to return. He's not listed on imdb thpugh (but Jessica Alba is!) and the tagline is: "For every death there is new life...Jigsaws baby takes over."

His baby? Is the little girl going to go insane or something? Also, the closed doors must have a way around them or a way to release them because if Jigsaw had died earlier then Amanda would have been locked in. Since Amanda built the neck thing I don't think she would have allowed that to happen.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 11:04:40 am »
I'm pretty sure Amanda died before Jigsaw.  He said to her: "Game over."  She got shot in the throat before Jeff did anything to him, unless I was too apathetic by the time that happened to remember correctly, haha.

In any case, you can speculate all you want, but spectulation hardly leads anywhere in the Saw movies.  They triy too hard to integrate retarded twists.  With my luck criticizing so far, though, you're probably right.  Their producers probably got lazy!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:12:29 am by Sidoh »

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 02:00:33 pm »
I'm going to see it tonight.  It's a good date movie, right?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 02:04:41 pm »

Yes.  It's also a good bed-time movie for five-year-old children.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 07:45:22 pm »
I still have to pirate this! Argh!
- Newby

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2006, 10:35:29 am »

Yes.  It's also a good bed-time movie for five-year-old children.

Well I think it's a little soon for us to be thinking about kids, but I'll keep that in mind if the time comes.  Thanks.