Author Topic: College  (Read 13706 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: College
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 11:44:36 pm »
The school gets a ton of grant money for having the program. Out of all of the schools in the city (public anyway) ours is easily the one with the most funding, newest technology, etc.
Yeah, but without having been super sucky in the first place, it wouldn't have been PICKED for IB.  Get what I'm saying?

So I have to meet with my counselor Thursday because I'm incompetent enough to fill out my own registration information!  I just needed to really ask a couple things (when is it due, what reqs and all that jazz).  If my counselor tells me about how hard it will be to do it at the U of M, I might just like.. bitchslap her.  She told me that it would be super hard for me take Physics, Biology, and Chemistry at the normal pace (we have no Honors science.. not enough.  It was split between AP / Honors, so they dropped honors) despite my above 4.0 GPA and the classes' easiness.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2006, 12:33:41 pm »
Really?  It's dependent on the subject for me.  If it's interesting (even if the teacher is bad), I usually do pretty well.  I don't have a particularly extraordinary professor or TA (I don't really "like" any of them -- not that I have anything against them) for my Physics course, but I enjoy the subject.

Well, if the teacher is bad but easy I'll still get an A.  If the teacher sucks, I'm not motivated to make any extra effort though so I don't do as well in the class as I would if I feel comfortable talking to the teacher or feel like I understand the concepts well (due to good teaching).  Even if I miss something, if the teacher is good I'm usually motivated enough to figure it out on my own and then run it over with the professor afterwards to make sure I really got it.  I don't even talk to teachers that I think are worthless.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 10:23:27 pm »
Post secondary applications are a lot of paperwork. :(  Damn it all.  Oh well, it'll show them I know how to fill out forms!  I've got a head start already, bitchez.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

trust

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 07:32:44 am »
The school gets a ton of grant money for having the program. Out of all of the schools in the city (public anyway) ours is easily the one with the most funding, newest technology, etc.
Yeah, but without having been super sucky in the first place, it wouldn't have been PICKED for IB.  Get what I'm saying?

So I have to meet with my counselor Thursday because I'm incompetent enough to fill out my own registration information!  I just needed to really ask a couple things (when is it due, what reqs and all that jazz).  If my counselor tells me about how hard it will be to do it at the U of M, I might just like.. bitchslap her.  She told me that it would be super hard for me take Physics, Biology, and Chemistry at the normal pace (we have no Honors science.. not enough.  It was split between AP / Honors, so they dropped honors) despite my above 4.0 GPA and the classes' easiness.

That doesn't make sense. IB is a "reward" to the best school in the city.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 04:56:39 pm »
Without IB, your school wouldn't BE the best school in the city.  Does it make sense to you now?

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

trust

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2006, 03:28:23 pm »
Without IB, your school wouldn't BE the best school in the city.  Does it make sense to you now?

It would be 1st or 2nd, out of 5.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 12:46:57 am »
I think(not sure) deadly is making that conclusion based on the fact that I told him that IB in Florida is given to the sub par schools. Which is true.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 12:54:51 pm »

It would be 1st or 2nd, out of 5.
I meant to say state* not city.

I think(not sure) deadly is making that conclusion based on the fact that I told him that IB in Florida is given to the sub par schools. Which is true.
That, and the fact that the schools that have it here are in the ghettos/slums and are shitty schools, IB or not.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

trust

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 07:19:10 pm »
I never claimed to be highly ranked statewide, although we are 872 in that nation according to Newsweek. :)

Maybe it's done differently by locale, but I've always been told it's rewarded to the better school in each district.