Author Topic: Law and Order: Criminal Intent  (Read 2391 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Law and Order: Criminal Intent
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:39:27 am »
Criminal Intent has always been my favorite Law and Order, and the only one I watch.  However, in the last year or two, the main character (Goran, played by Vincent d'Onfornio, or something like that) hasn't been around much.  Apparently, it's because he's sick. And that ruins the show for me, because he's just so cool (seriously), so I haven't been watching it. 

Last night, I was playing Final Fantasy 5, and it's the only thing that was on.  Usually I just don't watch TV on Tuesdays, but I needed a distraction.  Too much FF5 hurts. 

Anyways, the episode was about a kidnapping that got put on a youtube-style site ('youlenz').  They talked about tracing the poster, and that the poster used "tor", and stuff like that.  And later on, a guy posted a video from a public hotspot, and when the police checked the ip, they found out who registered it, and went and got the guy. 

The coolest part?  They got their facts straight!  I was very impressed.  Usually shows like CSI butcher cyber stuff, but this one was actually factually accurate.  Impressive!  I might watch the show again, in hopes of more cyber-style episodes :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Law and Order: Criminal Intent
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 11:33:02 am »
Good to hear.  I agree that most shows murder technology stuff.  I love how they're able to dramatically increase the quality of a 100x100 pixel area of a single image in some shows!  I wish I could do that!  It would make........ image viewing... so much more entertaining.

I watched this episode for about five minutes before I remembered House was on.  I noticed that the actor that played the girl who was kidnapped was on an episode of house a few weeks ago.  For those of you that watch that, it was the one where house found a tick in her vagina. ;D

There was another L&O:CI that I saw a while ago that was sort of "cyber-style" that was pretty good.  It had a lot to do with psychology too, though.  It had the kid with a big nose that played on Core as one of the guest stars.  It was about a bunch of programmers.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 01:55:07 pm »
You're right about psychology, that's one of the big things about CI that I like.  Unfortunately, the best psychology stuff was done by Goren, who, like I said, doesn't do many episodes anymore. *sob*

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 02:01:14 pm »
Yeah, I liked Goren a lot too.  He kicked ass.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 02:21:31 pm »
What did he look like???  Was he the sorta tall, white, brown hair.  Sometimes sorta looked a bit scruffy?  Maybe 42yrs old, ish

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 02:26:56 pm »
What did he look like???  Was he the sorta tall, white, brown hair.  Sometimes sorta looked a bit scruffy?  Maybe 42yrs old, ish
Sounds about right, though his hair is a lot whiter now.  Here's his thingy:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000352/

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 02:43:46 pm »
That sounds so wrong.
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:34:17 pm »

k, yeah, that guy.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 10:02:55 pm »
I like this series quite a bit, but I definitely prefer L&O: SVU because it seems more fast paced, and I prefer the way the characters get emotional over their job. Usually Goren is equanimous and composed, which becomes slightly dull in some scenes. The episode where he freaks out over his mother was a great episode though.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 10:46:43 pm »
I like SVU a lot too.  I'm not sure which one I prefer, though.  If I had to pick one right now, I'd probably say SVU, simply because I've seen a greater number of more enjoyable episodes in the SVU series than I have the CI.  However, I've probably seen about twice the amount of SVU episodes as I have CI, so it's not at all a fair judgment.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 04:33:02 pm »
Usually Goren is equanimous and composed, which becomes slightly dull in some scenes.
I think that's my favorite part, he's so cool and good at what he does.  Perhaps unrealistically good, but still!

And yeah, it was really weird when they talk about his mother and he goes crazy.