Author Topic: I reached a notable HK milestone!  (Read 7097 times)

Offline Sty

• x86
  • I'm your huckleberry
    • View Profile
Re: I reached a notable HK milestone!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 02:45:24 am »
A little off topic, but how the hell did you get your DK's? I honestly can't figure how anyone would be dumb enough to actually kill a civvy.. What do people do? Tab target? Or does the annoying, piteous screams for help piss people off?

I've had one on my Warlock since level 30, I made the mistake of walking through Ratchet with my Felhunter on aggressive when I first got him.. (This makes no difference now though, with the new honor system.)

Edit: I have somewhere over 11k HK's though, I'll take a screenshot when I get my subscription renewed. Then you'll be able to see my Warlock in all his shinyness
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 02:48:01 am by Sty »

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 10:08:14 am »
Shrug, DKs are fun.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 02:31:37 am »
I sort of wish I'd racked up a few DK's before the patch for kicks and giggles, but I was just too lazy.

What does everyone think of the new  honor system, though? I've seen mixed impressions since the patch hit, but for the record, I  think it's nice that PvP gear is a little easier to get now. Since my computer can't run battlegrounds very well, my friend is PvPing for me to get my GM bow (and I'm leveling his mage, nice tradeoff), but I almost think it's ridiculous how I already see people everywhere in GM gear.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 02:59:45 am »
I sort of wish I'd racked up a few DK's before the patch for kicks and giggles, but I was just too lazy.

What does everyone think of the new  honor system, though? I've seen mixed impressions since the patch hit, but for the record, I  think it's nice that PvP gear is a little easier to get now. Since my computer can't run battlegrounds very well, my friend is PvPing for me to get my GM bow (and I'm leveling his mage, nice tradeoff), but I almost think it's ridiculous how I already see people everywhere in GM gear.
I spend hours and hours on end to get my gear... and I mean a long ass time. And now people get gear equivalent to mine in a fucking week? no thanks, gtfo

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 09:31:20 am »
I quit my lock cause of people in greens with GM weapons, makes me sick.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 12:34:49 pm »
:-/

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 09:24:25 pm »

In a way, I think this new system is sort of a way to cheat the game.. A large part of the content is, in a sense, conquering the instances.. If someone is going to be lazy enough to skip that entire portion of the game to sit around in a BG and farm HK's and tokens for a couple of days to get good gear, that's rather pathetic.. Though what's probably more pathetic is that Blizzard made it possible, and because it /is/ possible to get better gear in a few days than what you get from possibly months of raiding.. Who wouldn't choose the two week reward? Even the people who don't like the idea of it are, and in the course of the patch I've seen entire raiding guilds decide to farm PvP instead.

Oh well, my time card ran up, so I probably won't have to deal with this again for a while. ;) Hooray? ... .. :(