Author Topic: Possesion  (Read 6514 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Possesion
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 02:44:17 am »
You're a noob at debating. "Attack their points, not them."
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 02:44:51 am »
You're a noob at debating. "Attack their points, not them."

I normally do, but it gets boring with your .. points .. after a while. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 03:15:17 am »
I'm quite interested in what I said incorrect about Pentecost. I thought I had the idea correct.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 03:44:48 am »
I'm quite interested in what I said incorrect about Pentecost. I thought I had the idea correct.

::)

Baptism is the instillation of the holy spirit.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 03:51:21 am »

::)

Baptism is the instillation of the holy spirit.

Remember the quote "I do not baptise in water like John, but I baptise you in the spirit"? Different ideas. When you're baptised in water, wether as an infant or for believers baptism as a child/young adult, you're cleansing yourself ceremonially from your sins and giving your life to Christ. The baptism you're speaking of is that of the holy spirit, which is a completely different, drier idea.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 03:56:24 am »
I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

I don't really care, though... religious interpretation is so subjective it's meaningless to argue.

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 03:24:55 pm »
The possession by the holy spirit, demonstrated on Pentacost, was completely optional. In fact, the people in the room when the were first possessed by the holy spirit had been there for, I believe, four days? It was in no way forced upon them, demonstated by those who left.

Possession by a demon, on the other hand, is not optional, and definiately not sought out, so it's much different from that idea.

The initial acceptance of the Holy Spirit is optional.  The events thereafter are not.  The same can be said for the practice of many forms of demonic possession.  The fact of the matter is, once accepted, voluntary or not, you have no choice but to follow his command.  This is God's will being imposed by force.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 08:39:50 pm by Lord[nK] »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 09:18:33 pm »
Possession by a demon, on the other hand, is not optional, and definiately not sought out, so it's much different from that idea.
Ever heard of a Satanist?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 11:49:49 pm »
Haha, whoops.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 10:35:18 am »
i dont want to say that i dont believe, because theres always that thought that if i say that then ill get possessed just because i said that lol. but, why the fuck doesnt this stuff happen now days? if it does happen recently, why isnt this shit on youtube? lol. everythings on youtube. somebody would film this shit and put it online. i mean cmon. its not like demons were like "people were so much more fun to possess back in the day, because now days emos and shit are just as fucked up and weird as a possessed person anyways."
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 02:31:01 pm »
i dont want to say that i dont believe, because theres always that thought that if i say that then ill get possessed just because i said that lol. but, why the fuck doesnt this stuff happen now days? if it does happen recently, why isnt this shit on youtube? lol. everythings on youtube. somebody would film this shit and put it online. i mean cmon. its not like demons were like "people were so much more fun to possess back in the day, because now days emos and shit are just as fucked up and weird as a possessed person anyways."

According to most religions (Christianity included), Demons are not human.  If they are real, wouldn't it be possible for them to prohibit such a thing through psychological control (making some person have the urge to put the camera down) or by using some sort of force to break the camera?  Have you seen The Exorcist?  That's supposedly based on a true story (demonic possession is obviously also explainable through insanity).  After the "possession," it would seem that anyone that cares about the possessed person would drop all intentions of filming it and puting it on the internet because of the terrible state they slip into.

This is a good point you've made, but I don't think it's reason to believe that demons are inexistent.

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 02:33:37 pm »
It still happens frequently; check out the documentary Jesus Camp (Trailer).  It's all psychological.  They just think otherwise.