Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
A F K
« on: January 01, 2007, 03:47:30 am »
For those who don't know, I'm leaving home, moving to a new city (12 hours away) tomorrow, early.  I don't know how long I'll be off-line for, but hopefully not very long.  I should have access from work. 

The site should stay up.  If it goes down, it'll probably come back up.  At some point, I'm going to move my server, but not quite yet.  So there's no predicted down-time.  I originally had a back-up plan to get somebody else to run the server if it goes down, but I doubt my database back-ups are making it to Newby anymore.  But I'll do the best I can to keep it up.

If for some reason you don't hear from me by Feb. 1, please move me to inactive and have an election to replace me for the remainder of my term.  That is VERY doubtful, I expect that you'll all hear from me by Jan 3, if not before.  But just in case. 

And please, I've been told "good luck" a million times already, and I'm tired of it.  I've heard all the classic lines 1000 times, so think of something creative to say if you want to say something. :)

Oh, and I have a new cell number.  If anybody wants my new one, PM me and I'll send it to you (if I think you deserve to have it :P). 

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: A F K
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 03:55:28 am »
Don't die. :D

I think it's exciting that you got a new job and are moving out almost on your own.  Happy Trails!! :D

(I tried to make it original, I really did!)
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 04:04:11 am »
go score some poon.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 04:18:03 am »
For you lucky very much. :)

Or do it B.net style...

GO
GO
GO
GO
GLHFDD
LAST MESSAGE GG NOOBS
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 04:40:29 am »
Don't hit a parked car...
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 05:00:48 am »
Oh, and I have a new cell number.  If anybody wants my new one, PM me and I'll send it to you (if I think you deserve to have it :P). 

Didn't you already post it in the members board? O_o

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 05:50:13 am »
Kill lots of pedestrians, a good Canadian is a dead Canadian.

:)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 08:46:01 am »
Good luck, have fun, don't die. Not interesting? Live with it!

Hehe.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 12:45:38 pm »
Love me.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 01:54:22 pm »
Holy rusted metal Batman. iago is leaving us!
errr... something like that...

trust

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 02:30:01 pm »
good luck

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 03:48:06 pm »
You shall return.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 08:55:21 pm »
Hey, contrary to popular belief, I'm still alive.

I don't have constant Internet access yet, but I'm stealing a few minutes on my house-mates' computer.  They actually don't care, I can sit here all night, but it's ewwy. :)

Anyways, here's a timeline of my week.  Sorry if it sounds a little bloggy, but this'll be useful to me to remember this trip, too. 

On Dec. 31, I went to my friend's for New Year's.  There were four of us. We played gamecube till like 2am.  I didn't realize how late it was.  So I got to bed about 3am. 

On Jan 1, I got up at about 8am and packed last-minute stuff.  At roughly 10am, we (me, my mom, stepdad, and sister) left home, heading west.  (For anybody who wants to find a map, http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=winnipeg+to+calgary should get you there, but that link is un-tested).  Anyways, we stopped for breakfast in Hedingly, which is about 10 minutes west of Winnipeg (15 minutes West of my house) on Highway 1.

Our next stop was for coffee in Brandon.  Then again in Regina (where you turn left -- the only turn on the entire trip).  We picked up gas as some point in Moosomen oir something, which is an awesome name.  Plus, we had lots of bathroom breaks in little towns.  Finally, we got to Swift Current, where we picked up dinner at Boston Pizza. We then drove the rest of the way to Medicine Hat, AB, where we stayed overnight (at a Motel 6).  By then it was about 11pm CST (10pm local time).  We left there at roughly 8am (local time), arriving in Calgary at 11am. 

My stepdad's friend (who I was to be staying with -- more on that later) was working till 4pm or so, so we figured we'd drive around.  I bought a map and got to know the major routes through the city.  Eventually our van started sounding really bad, and after some stressful times (because my family had to be back in Winnipeg by Wednesday), we found a garage and they told us it was the A/C.  That's fine, it's cold, but the A/C was stuck on so they bypassed it. 

We met with my stepdad's friend (Leonard) and drove down to Applebees for supper.  After that, we went to his house.  It's not a bad place, a little messy and well-lived-in, but that's exactly how I like it.  I got a smallish room, and it's just him and his daughter (Marcia, pronounced Marsha) living there.  She's really great, we talked all evening.  She's engaged, but she's already a good friend to have.  After a lot of crying, my mom left.  They just got home a half hour ago. 

This morning, I got up around 6am.  I took the bus downtown with Marcia, and she showed me where to get off.  From there, I went to work.  At work, it was about an hour of paperwork, then they gave me real data and a tight deadline.  So basically, I jumped right in.  It was pretty cool.

At lunch, I went out with most of the guys from my team (it's a team of 5, including me and another contractor), and 4 of us went. They introduced me to the +15, which is a system of walkways and restaurants throughout downtown Calgary.

After work, I met with Marcia and went home.  And that pretty much brings us to right now.  We took the bus with her Fiancee.  He's a good guy, but they're both big into sports, and that's obviously not my thing.

Finally, a word or two about my living arrangements.  Orginally, I was going to live with a guy named Nathan.  He's a friend of my dad's boss and is originally from Winnipeg.  But he's in Winnipeg till Thursday (tomorrow), so I had to find another place to stay.  My stepdad's close friend offered to let me stay, and I accepted.  After a couple days here, I think (and it's ok with them) that I'll stick around here till I find my own place, or until a friend moves over here with me (which shouldn't be long -- I'm hoping for a month or two). 

So yeah, I don't know how often I'll be able to post, but that's my story up to now.  Next time I'm around, I'll let you all know what's going on.

Ron

Didn't you already post it in the members board? O_o
Yes.  But last time I checked, there are a lot of people here who aren't members :P

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 12:25:37 am »
Sounds like you are doing good :) I like how you added the line "Ron" to the end :P