Author Topic: The bible contradicting itself -- God's jealousy  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: The bible contradicting itself -- God's jealousy
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 08:47:26 am »
"You can choose anything you want to for breakfast, but if you don't eat waffles with syrup and a glass of milk I'm going to tie you to a mattress and connect electrodes to your balls and nipples and torture you for a very long time."

That'd be a better analogy.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: The bible contradicting itself -- God's jealousy
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 11:02:42 am »
Not really.  "Free will to choose as you see fit" means that there are no repercussions, IE: they can choose what they want to, without any mitigating factors.  It's like saying "you can have anything you want to for breakfast, but if you don't eat waffles with syrup and a glass of milk I'm going to tie you to a mattress and connect electrodes to your balls and nipples and torture you for a very long time."

It said "you can do as you wish, but I'll punish you if you do something wrong" not "you can do what you want without worrying about the consequences."  drake's analogy was perfect for this.

"You can choose anything you want to for breakfast, but if you don't eat waffles with syrup and a glass of milk I'm going to tie you to a mattress and connect electrodes to your balls and nipples and torture you for a very long time."

That'd be a better analogy.

That is a better analogy, considering no one said anything about "no repercussions," because I don't see that it's mentioned anywhere.