Author Topic: 300  (Read 7829 times)

Offline l)a-Sniper

• View Profile
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:36:39 am »
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/

I really wanna see that movie, looks good.
What about you guys?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: 300
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:37:43 am »
I generally don't like these kinds of movies (I'm more into futuristic sci-fi/thrillers), but this looks pretty good.  I'm probably going to go see it when it comes out.

trust

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 02:57:05 pm »
I've been waiting for this forever, I love this time period.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:20:17 pm »

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 03:15:57 am »
This movie is simply the greatest movie I have ever seen.  I liked it a lot more than Lord of the Rings--and Lord of the Rings (ROTK) was my favorite movie until now.  This movie has all of the good things.  It's very graphic--don't go with someone queasy, as it will spoil the experience.  I went to what I thought was an obscure theater that turned out to be magnificent.  Soft, reclining chairs are the way to go.

About the movie itself:  It has really good acting.  It's got a bit of nudity (I don't remember any in the graphic novel.. go figure).  And it's got the BEST visuals I have EVER seen.  First of all: real visuals.  Every single male cast member that was in the 300 men of Sparta is insanely cut.  They are literally brimming with muscles.  It's the kind of stuff that makes other men go "Holy shit."  And then there are the absolutely stunning graphics.  The way the blood shoots out of people; the way the spears react with the environment and the flesh of the people they're going through; the way the scenery is.  I have never, prior to watching this movie, thought I would have encountered such a beautiful use of graphics.  LOTR was good, there's no doubt about it.  This blows the shit out of LOTR.  The battles of Pelennor and Minas Tirith?  Nothing in comparison to even half a scene of action in this movie.

I really strongly recommend anyone with a bloodlust for the one good movie Hollywood will release in the next decade to go see 300 as soon as possible.  Try and see it in Imax.  I was supposed to go to an Imax theater and watch it but I couldn't because it was sold out and I encountered major traffic.  Even in the right regular theater it's still damn fine.  The audio is perfect to match the visuals (that were shot in front of blue/green screens for the most part).
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 01:50:08 am »
I just watched it, and I liked it a lot. It was stunning. I noticed a few things tha I was thinking about after the movie, but nothing more than the usuall things. One thing I thought was "Where did they get the food from?" I mean, the only food shown is an apple. It's not a problem, but it's just an odd thought. Any way, I loved it.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 04:00:16 pm »
Yeah, it was freaking awesome.  I saw it with my friends in an IMAX threatre.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 10:31:54 pm »
I just watched it, and I liked it a lot. It was stunning. I noticed a few things tha I was thinking about after the movie, but nothing more than the usuall things. One thing I thought was "Where did they get the food from?" I mean, the only food shown is an apple. It's not a problem, but it's just an odd thought. Any way, I loved it.
The apple scene was a bit odd, but it's not hard to imagine that some soldiers would be carrying provisions with them that they haven't eaten.

I was gonna see it in IMAX. :(  Spiderman 3 I will most definitely see in IMAX with friends, though.  And it's the week or so after my SAT Subject Tests, so that'll be sweet.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 12:42:56 am »
The apple scene was a bit odd, but it's not hard to imagine that some soldiers would be carrying provisions with them that they haven't eaten.
The apple scene was alright. It (in my opinion) was just trying to show the persians that he was jaded enough at death that he could stomache food. But, like I was thinking, it's just some scenes that are lacking in every film. (Like, how did they keep getting more spears?) It's nothing much to worry about, but it was cool none the less.

I sort of wonder if this film had any scenes that were deleted, or edited out for time that would make some more things connect.  (e.g. food, spears, etc.) I can't wait to buy this movie. It'll rock++ even more! :D

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 11:00:45 am »

I was gonna see it in IMAX. :(  Spiderman 3 I will most definitely see in IMAX with friends, though.  And it's the week or so after my SAT Subject Tests, so that'll be sweet.
Why didn't you end up seeing it in IMAX?  I will hopefully go again with friends to see Spiderman 3 in IMAX, too.  It looks good.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 05:02:06 pm »
The apple scene was alright. It (in my opinion) was just trying to show the persians that he was jaded enough at death that he could stomache food. But, like I was thinking, it's just some scenes that are lacking in every film. (Like, how did they keep getting more spears?) It's nothing much to worry about, but it was cool none the less.

I sort of wonder if this film had any scenes that were deleted, or edited out for time that would make some more things connect.  (e.g. food, spears, etc.) I can't wait to buy this movie. It'll rock++ even more! :D
Yeah, I never thought of it like that.  I'm pretty sure that scene wasn't in the Frank Miller graphic novel, but it's been a while since I've read it.  That sounds like a very logical explanation, though.
Also, you *can* reuse spears, and many of the people they killed were carrying spears that they never got a chance to use because Leonidas and his men killed them too quickly.

Yeah, there were definitely scenes left out.  Some of it flowed very well together, other parts didn't.

Why didn't you end up seeing it in IMAX?  I will hopefully go again with friends to see Spiderman 3 in IMAX, too.  It looks good.
Sold out. :\

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 08:12:31 pm »

Yeah, I never thought of it like that.  I'm pretty sure that scene wasn't in the Frank Miller graphic novel, but it's been a while since I've read it.  That sounds like a very logical explanation, though.
Also, you *can* reuse spears, and many of the people they killed were carrying spears that they never got a chance to use because Leonidas and his men killed them too quickly.

Yeah, there were definitely scenes left out.  Some of it flowed very well together, other parts didn't.

That's what I passed it off as. But, like in that scene where they are getting the Persians a "drink," Leonidas' sword is out,  then he has a spear in the next scene. Also, I was thinking about if they killed the people via throwing it, and they fell off the edge, or something.
But yeah.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 09:08:10 pm »
I'm going to go see it in a few hours! ;D

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 09:12:44 pm »
Cool!! Me too!
I'm going to see it again at 7 tonight! (one hour)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 12:10:40 am »
You'll love it!

Cool!! Me too!
I'm going to see it again at 7 tonight! (one hour)
It was a good movie.. but I don't know if it's worth seeing twice in a normal theater.  The theater I went to (juts to reiterate :P) had speakers on very loud.  Every time the armies marched you could FEEL the bass vibrate the theater.  It was freaking awesome, but it kinda makes your head hurt.  Also, the video was.. all right.  Good audio definitely helped, though.  Either see it in IMAX or save your money, IMO. (obviously it's redundant to say this since you've already left.. but I felt like responding).

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed