Author Topic: Herzing and MATC!  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Herzing and MATC!
« on: March 15, 2007, 06:48:38 pm »
I'm going on two college visits in the next week or so, tomorrow to Herzing College and either next Thursday or the following Tuesday (two groups) to MATC, both in Madison WI.

MATC is going to be a campus tour, whereas at Herzing we're taking two actual block classes. We were given options of what we could take, and I chose Networking in the morning and Electronics after lunch (pizza is provided, yum).

Zagaroth is coming to Herzing with me tomorrow and we're both in the same classes, however he's not coming to MATC (it's a Special Education thing -- yes, I'm in SpEd for Behavior/Emotional Disability).

I'll let you know how it goes when tomorrow comes!

EDIT -
Confirmed MATC for this Thursday!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 10:22:27 am by Joe[x86] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Herzing and MATC!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 09:38:35 pm »
Herzing was pretty cool. In the electronics class, we got a free kit with a breadboard, some timer IC, a bunch of wires, a few capacitors and resisters, and two LEDs. We ended up making a LED flash -- pretty cool. Logan and I thought it'd be cool to see what happens when we "overclock" it, so voltage up. LED turns from green to yellow to orange to orange-red to red to nothing (with a puff of black), and then I get hit in the nose with a chunk of microchip. The professor is quoted as saying "Eh, you're not the first", but still laughing with us. :)

Networking class was more like "Sorry, I can't understand your Hindi accent" and I asked one of the other tech guys who was in the room if I could crack open the case and have access to the 5v Berg rail to blow the other chip up (some other guys gave us their kit). Before the end, we ended up checking out their server room -- it was pretty cool!

All in all, it beats Civics (and everything else).
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.