Author Topic: Classes next year!  (Read 10557 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Classes next year!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 10:58:43 pm »
lol, you think that psychology will be more challenging than calculus bc?  Calculus is largely conceptual.  In previous mathematics courses, most everything has a technique which can be memorized.  While the same may be true for calculus, problems require that you understand the concepts and how they apply to the problem.

You may find it easy (I still don't think it's difficult), but know that comparing it to precalc is pretty silly.  You're in precalc this year, right?  I can't remember.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 11:34:38 pm »
lol, you think that psychology will be more challenging than calculus bc?  Calculus is largely conceptual.  In previous mathematics courses, most everything has a technique which can be memorized.  While the same may be true for calculus, problems require that you understand the concepts and how they apply to the problem.

You may find it easy (I still don't think it's difficult), but know that comparing it to precalc is pretty silly.  You're in precalc this year, right?  I can't remember.
I am in AP Calculus AB. Right now I have around a 99%, maybe 98% in the class. Next year will be easy since I get an automatic A, no tests and no homework. I just study for the AP test all year and sit in the AP Calculus AB class :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 11:36:16 pm »
Ah, I see.  Why take bc then?  You can do dual enrollment with calculus 2 or 3, can't you?

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 11:58:59 pm »
Some people believe that taking an AP course is more beneficial than dual enrollment, especially when applying to colleges. At my school, we take AB and BC in the same year, so it isn't an issue. But at the other schools in my district, people usually take Calc AB one year then BC the following year. Same with Physics B/C and so forth.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 12:06:46 am »
My school doesn't have Calc BC, AP Physics, or any computer classes. Woo :|
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 12:17:29 am »
Ah, I see.  Why take bc then?  You can do dual enrollment with calculus 2 or 3, can't you?
Dual enrollment as in...?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 12:45:07 am »
Some people believe that taking an AP course is more beneficial than dual enrollment, especially when applying to colleges. At my school, we take AB and BC in the same year, so it isn't an issue. But at the other schools in my district, people usually take Calc AB one year then BC the following year. Same with Physics B/C and so forth.

People I've talked to said that taking Calculus II at a university is a good deal more difficult than calc bc, but I haven't asked that many people.

Taking the class at a college.  My school had dual enrollment with a nearby community college.  The high school teachers taught the class, but you received college credit for the class.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 12:53:01 am »

Taking the class at a college.  My school had dual enrollment with a nearby community college.  The high school teachers taught the class, but you received college credit for the class.
I thought so. I would rather not bother having to commute to a community college after high school,seems like it would be too much trouble for me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 01:33:27 am »
I thought so. I would rather not bother having to commute to a community college after high school,seems like it would be too much trouble for me.

If you didn't get the idea from my other post, that's not always necessary.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 07:09:46 am »
I guess it might depend on the college you go to.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 05:26:43 pm »
Calculus is a bitch, I took Math appreciation @ NMSU (which I thought was gonna be writing papers & crap, but it went from multiplation to simple algebra...but the ONE paper we did write I did bad enough [I guess] to still get me a B in the class, WTF!? [I got an A on the actual math])

Fall 07:
GOVT 399 NEW MEXICO LAW              0930-1020 MWF GT 183 Corbett William
GOVT 345 THE SUPREME COURT          1030-1120 MWF BD 179 Seckler Kim

GOVT 366 AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY  0855-1010 TR BD 179 Ackleson Jason
GOVT 340 STATE & LOCAL GOVT         1020-1135 TR BD 179 Taggart William

HL S 301G HUMAN SEXUALITY             TBA S-DA Hawe Pearl
OR
GOVT 391 CONSTITUTIONAL LAW        0830-1125 S BD 179 Corbett William

5 classes = 15 credit hours = me still graduating WAY on time-to-early & fairly easy.
Do I want Human Sexuality (online) or a saturday morning Const. Law class?  (Corbett is cool instructor, but that's a long class...3 hours :()

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 09:06:09 pm »
No senioritis for me. :(

AHHAHAHAHAHHA.

Good luck.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 11:43:16 am »
ugh, mini-semester class starts monday :(
2 hours/meeting.  2 days a week.  6pm start time :(
LSAT prep course, decent I guess