Author Topic: What BNLS Server to use..  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
What BNLS Server to use..
« on: April 18, 2007, 02:02:34 am »
Due to some checksumming complications as well as version mixups, there are a few different BNLS servers that must be used for different games. Hopefully this guide will help you out. This list contains some games not supported by JavaOp2 in hopes that it'll still help someone else out along the way. If you find something you don't understand or recognize, you'll probably be safe ignoring it (bad rule to follow for the rest of life, though).

StarCraft (and Expansion)
First Choice: bnls.valhallalegends.com -- Hosted by Valhalla Legends

StarCraft Japan [Note: Not supported by JavaOp2]
First Choice: hdx.jbls.org -- Hosted by Hdx
Second Choice: Local hashing

WarCraft II: BNE

Original Diablo [Note: Not supported by JavaOp2]
Second choice: Local hashing

Diablo II (and Expansion)
Second Choice: hdx.jbls.org -- Hosted by Hdx
Third choice: Local hashing

WarCraft III (and Expansion)
Second Choice: Local hashing

NOTE -
There's a rumor going around that you can pass the logon challenge on WarCraft II and StarCraft using JBLS. I discussed this with Hdx and he said that it uses a database of "Lockdown" results and therefore some challenges will pass, although the chance is small. I suppose as a last resort you could try it, but as a first choice you're much better off using BNLS.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:51:17 am by Joe[x86/64] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline pro_

• View Profile
Re: What BNLS Server to use..
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 02:07:54 am »
NOTE -
There's a rumor going around that you can pass the logon challenge on WarCraft II and StarCraft using JBLS. I discussed this with Hdx and he said that it uses a database of "Lockdown" results and therefore some challenges will pass, although the chance is small. I suppose as a last resort you could try it, but as a first choice you're much better off using BNLS.
All the servers seem flaky, but 10 % of the time jbls works for broodwar, which is better than valhallalegends.  Not that it matters, you dont need a reliable bnls as much if you never reconnect. 

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:39:21 am »
NOTE -
All the servers seem flaky, but 10 % of the time jbls works for broodwar, which is better than valhallalegends.  Not that it matters, you dont need a reliable bnls as much if you never reconnect. 

Unless you're talking about BNLS always being down, I think that BNLS is correctly performing lockdown now.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:36:46 am »
This is pretty much out dated with Hdx's internet being fubared and him fixing JBLS for Lockdown. If someone wants to rewrite this, feel free, but until then, unstickied.