Author Topic: Why so hard?  (Read 6330 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Why so hard?
« on: April 26, 2007, 04:06:12 pm »
I have been trying to get to level 40 in my spare time, but it's taking forever.  I am almost done with all the STV quests that I can do (all the rest are 42+) and I am getting anxious!  I am a level 36 Draenei Shaman and I have /played about 4 days worth on this char.

Any tips on leveling up faster?
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

trust

Re: Why so hard?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:38:25 pm »
Sorry to steal your topic but how long does it take to go from 31-40? My guild is rewarding everyone who makes 40 by May 12th, and I'm at 31. I don't know what the reward is but I'd like to achieve the goal...but that's only 16 days.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:40:13 pm »
Sorry to steal your topic but how long does it take to go from 31-40? My guild is rewarding everyone who makes 40 by May 12th, and I'm at 31. I don't know what the reward is but I'd like to achieve the goal...but that's only 16 days.

I made 37.5-40 in one night (( constantly running SM ))

31-40 should be pretty easy in two weeks though...head to the Desolace and start questing there, then around 34 start running Scarlet Monastery - Library.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 06:55:39 pm »
36-38 thousand needles
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 09:46:37 pm »
I have been trying to get to level 40 in my spare time, but it's taking forever.  I am almost done with all the STV quests that I can do (all the rest are 42+) and I am getting anxious!  I am a level 36 Draenei Shaman and I have /played about 4 days worth on this char.

Wait, weren't you the one that was saying WoW was evil and that everyone should quit playing it?

The tables have turned!

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 11:49:11 pm »
If 1 -60 is possible in a week you can do 10 levels in two weeks :). To level faster you just need to stay focused on whatever you are trying and accomplish it as fast and efficient as possible. Also spending a lot of time on WoW helps too :D

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 01:21:10 am »
I personally think that the 30's range, apart from doing STV and Desolace quests, should be all about running instances. RFK, SM, and then RFD when you get close to 40 are all your best bets, if you can get groups. It's a great way to be leveling and not even think about how much xp you're getting.

Only other tip I know of is to get a leveling buddy, if you know anyone around you're level.  Leveling goes a lot quicker and a lot smoother when there's another person motivating you. I absolutely HATE soloing, so that's probably my problem there, but... Hm.

Anyways, good luck. The 40-50 range is a pain in the arse; if you're having trouble in the 30's, you're not in a happy place.  :-\

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 02:43:00 am »
If you're on a PvP server, don't go to STV. If you're on a non-PvP server, don't be a dumbass and flag. :P

And yeah, SM instances are extremely fun. I liked Razorfen Kraul and Downs much less, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Or in Kaleeko's case..
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 06:10:42 am »
What class are you playing?

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 10:14:30 am »
If you're on a PvP server, don't go to STV.

If you're a bitch on a PvP server, you'll avoid STV. That's where I got my gank on.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 10:51:53 am »
I always make a run to Grom'Gol everyday and own everything there. =]
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

trust

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 12:58:45 pm »
I'm a night elf hunter around Southshore. I plan to get my WoW on tomorrow night but I'm sailing tonight at 5 until probably 7 or 8 and then I can't stay up late because we have two lacrosse games tomorrow. So I'll probably be doing lacrosse from 10AM-3PM. Then I can WoW it up for awhile but I am sailing again 9AM on Sunday until 1pm or so. Then I probably should do homework, but I'll probably WoW.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 01:40:38 pm »
I'm a night elf hunter around Southshore. I plan to get my WoW on tomorrow night but I'm sailing tonight at 5 until probably 7 or 8 and then I can't stay up late because we have two lacrosse games tomorrow. So I'll probably be doing lacrosse from 10AM-3PM. Then I can WoW it up for awhile but I am sailing again 9AM on Sunday until 1pm or so. Then I probably should do homework, but I'll probably WoW.

Sounds like you have a full plate.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 03:22:19 pm »

Wait, weren't you the one that was saying WoW was evil and that everyone should quit playing it?

The tables have turned!
No no!  I never said people should stop paying, I just thought it was stupid that they make you pay.  The only reason I am playing is because my friends here where I go to College play and so I wanted to be social and play, too.

I personally think that the 30's range, apart from doing STV and Desolace quests, should be all about running instances. RFK, SM, and then RFD when you get close to 40 are all your best bets, if you can get groups. It's a great way to be leveling and not even think about how much xp you're getting.

Only other tip I know of is to get a leveling buddy, if you know anyone around you're level.  Leveling goes a lot quicker and a lot smoother when there's another person motivating you. I absolutely HATE soloing, so that's probably my problem there, but... Hm.

Anyways, good luck. The 40-50 range is a pain in the arse; if you're having trouble in the 30's, you're not in a happy place.  :-\
The only reason 30s are giving me trouble is because I want a mount and I get really anxious and since it's taking more time than I wish it would, I get impatient.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

trust

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 04:01:11 pm »

Yeah so I'm trying to maximize effectiveness. But it's storming here so lacrosse practice was cut short and sailing will probably be cancelled so maybe I can get some more WoW in tonight.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 04:45:28 pm »

Yeah so I'm trying to maximize effectiveness. But it's storming here so lacrosse practice was cut short and sailing will probably be cancelled so maybe I can get some more WoW in tonight.

Yeah the weather sucks.  We had a really hard rain going for about 20-30 minutes and then it calmed down.

trust

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 09:30:43 pm »
Well it wasn't cancelled and I just got home and ate (it's 9:30 now) and I'm tired and have a game tomorrow so basically no WoW friday. Weekends are really my time to level, I leveled 5 or 6 last weekend.

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 11:54:29 am »
30-32: Shimmering Flats
32-35: STV
35-37: Desolace
37-38: Arathi
38-40: STV

That's pretty much the order I go in, it's almost impossible to skip STV without doing a lot of instance grinding or grinding period.  I'm not very fond of both. ;\

On a side note, theres a good quest chain in Desolace for SM.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 04:37:53 pm »
30-32: Shimmering Flats
32-35: STV
35-37: Desolace
37-38: Arathi
38-40: STV

That's pretty much the order I go in, it's almost impossible to skip STV without doing a lot of instance grinding or grinding period.  I'm not very fond of both. ;\

On a side note, theres a good quest chain in Desolace for SM.

http://thottbot.com/q1053

One of my favorite quest chains in the game.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce