Author Topic: Unable to connect with W3XP  (Read 2357 times)

Offline LordVader

• Knowledge is power.
    • View Profile
    • James Moss on the web!
Unable to connect with W3XP
« on: May 12, 2007, 01:01:20 pm »
Using a recently compiled JavaOp2 Core && Plugins from the cvs source im able to connect on a wc3 client, BUT fails for wc3 tft..  on a local jbls server that supports wc3/tft.
I can login thru tft using a local jbls server via SphtBot3 just checked.
So it appears to be isolated to something in JavaOp2 in regards to the login steps for tft.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:01:24 am by Joe[x86/64] »

Offline LordVader

• Knowledge is power.
    • View Profile
    • James Moss on the web!
Re: JavaOp wont connect to wc3 Roc
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 02:36:26 pm »
That's odd, doubt the local version check is done in a wrong place but never know..
Try this edit you're local _GameData.txt file, it's in a folder called .javaop2 ..
If you're on windows it's located here: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\.javaop2
Where <USERNAME> is whatever user you're logged in as.
Usually it's Administrator or User if you didn't add or change user settings to you're system.
On a *nix machine it's similar but in the rootmost folder of the user you're logged in as or exectuting(sudo?) the bot as..
If you're working as root it's here: /root/.javaop2

The version information for each client is in this file and it may for some odd reason be getting triggered in a wrong location..
This is what mine looks like for the warcraft3 clients:
Code: [Select]
[w3xp]
file1=D:\Games\Warcraft III/war3.exe
file2=D:\Games\Warcraft III/Storm.dll
file3=D:\Games\Warcraft III/game.dll
has2keys=true
version byte=15
version hash=01001027

[war3]
file1=D:\Games\Warcraft III/war3.exe
file2=D:\Games\Warcraft III/Storm.dll
file3=D:\Games\Warcraft III/game.dll
has2keys=false
version byte=15
version hash=01001027

I'm able to login with Warcraft III roc, but I get the same problem as you for tft.

This may or may not get war3 roc working but it would be interesting to see if it does..
If so there is some bad mojo going on in the war3 login sequence that needs to be fixed.
Tft is obviously fubar tho I believe Hdx was looking at it last night didn't hear back from him tho.

I'll take a look later if joe or hdx hasn't posted any information.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:47:51 pm by LordVader »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 02:19:03 am »
I don't have a clue as to why W3XP won't work for you, LordVader, except that you appear to be hashing the WAR3 game files. I don't know if that matters -- I seem to remember WAR3 accepting W3XP's hash results but not the other way around. Try getting hashes from a true W3XP install and see if that works.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline LordVader

• Knowledge is power.
    • View Profile
    • James Moss on the web!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:32:07 pm »
I didnt really get what you ment so I got this for you.

[w3xp]
file1=C:\Documents and Settings\dbx_5 admin/.hashes/WAR3/war3.exe
file2=C:\Documents and Settings\dbx_5 admin/.hashes/WAR3/Storm.dll
file3=C:\Documents and Settings\dbx_5 admin/.hashes/WAR3/game.dll
has2keys=true
version byte=14
version hash=01001027

[war3]
file1=C:\Documents and Settings\dbx_5 admin/.hashes/WAR3/war3.exe
file2=C:\Documents and Settings\dbx_5 admin/.hashes/WAR3/Storm.dll
file3=C:\Documents and Settings\dbx_5 admin/.hashes/WAR3/game.dll
has2keys=false
version byte=14
version hash=01001027

also those files are strait from the Wc3 folder Installed on this computer. also they are using the same CD keys as well, Because I beleive the Cdkey is stored in Storm.dll? right...

Yes that is what I was refering to the current version byte is different change that to 15, and try again on RoC then TfF.
As far as you're cdkey data goes that is used from what you store in the bot config, isn't accessed from what's used when you installed the game so that shouldn't matter..
I'm more curious if somewhere the sequence is hitting local data somehow and causing it to fail pre-maturely before it actually try's a jbls/bnls server..
I'm not even sure it's getting that far for tft..

Can anyone confirm if they can login with tft with a recent build ?

To clarify:
Using a my own running copy of jbls I "CAN" login fine on both roc and tft with any other bot..
But JavaOp2 core/plugins compiled from cvs around april 18th-20th is failing for tft.
In fact it doesn't even appear to be making a connection before it says invalid version:
[00:17:07.939] NOTICE: Bot 'TestMonkey-Azeroth' has been started.
[00:17:09.970] CRITICAL: Unable to connect due to exception: exceptions.InvalidVersion: Game not found - warcraft iii: tft
[00:17:09.985] CRITICAL: Please correct and try again.
That is from loading bot and hitting connect no prior failures no other interactions.
It's as if it's seeking the local file/data from _GameData.txt and failing like it doesn't exist or is the wrong files..  which im positive are the correct files.
Shouldn't it be trying bnls/jbls first before it fails/falls back to the local _GameData.txt to try local hashing...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:25:09 am by LordVader »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 12:59:00 am »
LordVader's problem has been solved. He was simply using a name that didn't register as a specific client. Changing to "tft" fixed it for him, so.. split.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.