Author Topic: Area 51: The Alien Interview  (Read 9869 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Area 51: The Alien Interview
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:06:04 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51:_The_Alien_Interview

Has anyone seen this? I'm interested. Could be fake, but hey, you never know.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Area 51: The Alien Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:49:45 am »
Yeah, it looks really fake.

Offline abc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 11:13:33 am »
You've got to admit, it might be fake, but a lot of weird stuff has happend at or is happening at Area 51 ..

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 01:30:52 pm »
You've got to admit, it might be fake, but a lot of weird stuff has happend at or is happening at Area 51 ..

Have you seen it?  It looks so fake that it's almost funny.

Not to mention it's pretty strange that the "alien" is able to survive in our atmosphere without a breather or something like that.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 03:50:19 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51:_The_Alien_Interview

Has anyone seen this? I'm interested. Could be fake, but hey, you never know.

Joe, you're sooooo gullible, lol.

None of the information presented in the video does anything to promote credibility.  All of the information could have been trivially contrived. In other words, any amateur with a cheap video camera could have made that video. For all we know, some ventriloquist could have been controlling the movements of the alien. So the video is bullshit. Now, I'm not saying the existence of aliens is bullshit; I'm just saying that the video is bullshit.

Furthermore, do you really think a clandestine government agency like Area 51 would allow an alien interview to be videotaped like that, and then screw up so that it's released to the public? If it were a real videotape, they would have (A) cut out the goddam background music (B) include evidence in the video that promotes the video's credibility for presentation to others and (C) cut out the stupid commentary or replace it with an intelligent commentary. Also, notice the similarities in human anatomy and alien anatomy. A head, two eyes, a nose... WTF.

Information regarding extraterrestrial encounters that would be of value would be, say, the mechanics or materials of a  UFO, i.e. whether the mechanics are too advanced for us to have made it, or whether the
materials exist on our planet. Another kind of information that would be value would be an analysis of government behavior, such as patterns in their spending or policy-making. Would our government spend billions on Iraq if they had recently witnessed an alien interview?

To reiterate, if you see a video of an alien interview that any amateur with a cheap video camera could have made, you simply disregard it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:52:30 pm by Ender »

Offline abc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 08:46:37 pm »

Have you seen it?  It looks so fake that it's almost funny.

Not to mention it's pretty strange that the "alien" is able to survive in our atmosphere without a breather or something like that.

Yeah, I saw it...

How do you know how an alien is adapted? for all we know, maybe it doesn't use oxygen as a source of need? People think this is so fake, but they don't stop to think that what do they know about aliens? Nothing, other then what science fiction and Hollywood has brought before their eyes. Think about this... Do you really think we (as the human population on earth) are the only ones in this whole universe? I personally think their has to be another reality filled with people like us...

On a side note: I went further into that video, and researched more and some make up artist from Hollywood said, they couldn't replicate that and the movements well enough to look like that.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 10:32:56 pm »
How do you know how an alien is adapted? for all we know, maybe it doesn't use oxygen as a source of need? People think this is so fake, but they don't stop to think that what do they know about aliens? Nothing, other then what science fiction and Hollywood has brought before their eyes. Think about this... Do you really think we (as the human population on earth) are the only ones in this whole universe? I personally think their has to be another reality filled with people like us...

I have already thought about and realized everything you said -- mostly because it's obvious and partly because I find this subject interesting.

In my defense, however, I never said the alien relied on oxygen for metabolic energy.  I said I thought it was strange that it could survive in our atmosphere (which is mostly Nitrogen, if that wasn't already obvious).  I said nothing conclusive.  It was merely an observation and a suggestion based on reasoning it is unlikely that alien life forms use the same atmosphere we do (or are even tolerable of our own atmosphere), all things considered.  I never said it was impossible.

Not to mention the person communicating with the alien was a telepath.  Haha.  I suppose telepathy is possible, but at this point, I don't think it can be done without the aid of technology, meaning that everyone who used it would have to have a cybernetic implant of some sort.

I could go on and on, but I'd rather not.  I think that most of the points here are obvious and the other ones aren't worth mentioning.  Believe it if you want to, but I think it's absolutely fake.

Lastly, I did not mention or even imply my opinion on the existence of alien life.  I absolutely believe it exists.  To quote the movie Contact:

Ellie Arroway: [to a group of children] I'll tell you one thing about the universe, though. The universe is a pretty big place. It's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. Right?

On a side note: I went further into that video, and researched more and some make up artist from Hollywood said, they couldn't replicate that and the movements well enough to look like that.

I read the entire wikipedia article.  Despite alleged "experts'" claims suggesting this film's legitimacy, I still find it to be comically fraudulent.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 10:35:51 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 11:19:27 pm »
What really got me was the point of nobody coming forward to take the fame as the hoax mastermind.

Also, there was something saying that people who have seen "aliens" all reported in great detail, and for the most part the same, such as their movement and whatnot.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 11:43:14 pm »
What really got me was the point of nobody coming forward to take the fame as the hoax mastermind.

I think fooling thousands of people into believing a fake video of an alien is real would be pretty satisfying in itself...

Plus, the guy who was behind all of this (the guy who's commenting in the video) was paid decently after the documentary was made.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 11:50:09 pm »
Also, there was something saying that people who have seen "aliens" all reported in great detail, and for the most part the same, such as their movement and whatnot.

That's most likely because of pop culture - all the movies of alien invasions and Martians and whatnot. This pop culture has created a stereotypical alien image.  Notice how the alien has a head, two eyes, and a nose, as do we, as do all the aliens in these trashy pop culture movies spawned from unimaginative minds. Also notice that Contact didn't lay any claims to the aliens' physical traits.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 12:30:32 am »

I think fooling thousands of people into believing a fake video of an alien is real would be pretty satisfying in itself...

Plus, the guy who was behind all of this (the guy who's commenting in the video) was paid decently after the documentary was made.

If people are still debating the truth in it, I'd consider it a loss.

Also, I never said I believe this is true. I've never seen the movie. I just said I am not going to say it's false.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 02:47:41 am »
If people are still debating the truth in it, I'd consider it a loss.

Also, I never said I believe this is true. I've never seen the movie. I just said I am not going to say it's false.

Why?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2812084192530401757

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 02:58:31 am »
At least watch the 3 minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eY7R7Hjgs

Oh, and I feel so ignored in this thread : (

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 07:35:44 pm »
Hey everybody, since nobody has mentioned this yet, you should watch the 3-minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eY7R7Hjgs

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 08:17:07 pm »
Hey everybody, since nobody has mentioned this yet, you should watch the 3-minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eY7R7Hjgs

Ah, nice!  All the extra clutter is cut out! :)