Author Topic: Area 51: The Alien Interview  (Read 9867 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Area 51: The Alien Interview
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:06:04 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51:_The_Alien_Interview

Has anyone seen this? I'm interested. Could be fake, but hey, you never know.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Area 51: The Alien Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 02:49:45 am »
Yeah, it looks really fake.

Offline abc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 11:13:33 am »
You've got to admit, it might be fake, but a lot of weird stuff has happend at or is happening at Area 51 ..

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 01:30:52 pm »
You've got to admit, it might be fake, but a lot of weird stuff has happend at or is happening at Area 51 ..

Have you seen it?  It looks so fake that it's almost funny.

Not to mention it's pretty strange that the "alien" is able to survive in our atmosphere without a breather or something like that.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 03:50:19 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51:_The_Alien_Interview

Has anyone seen this? I'm interested. Could be fake, but hey, you never know.

Joe, you're sooooo gullible, lol.

None of the information presented in the video does anything to promote credibility.  All of the information could have been trivially contrived. In other words, any amateur with a cheap video camera could have made that video. For all we know, some ventriloquist could have been controlling the movements of the alien. So the video is bullshit. Now, I'm not saying the existence of aliens is bullshit; I'm just saying that the video is bullshit.

Furthermore, do you really think a clandestine government agency like Area 51 would allow an alien interview to be videotaped like that, and then screw up so that it's released to the public? If it were a real videotape, they would have (A) cut out the goddam background music (B) include evidence in the video that promotes the video's credibility for presentation to others and (C) cut out the stupid commentary or replace it with an intelligent commentary. Also, notice the similarities in human anatomy and alien anatomy. A head, two eyes, a nose... WTF.

Information regarding extraterrestrial encounters that would be of value would be, say, the mechanics or materials of a  UFO, i.e. whether the mechanics are too advanced for us to have made it, or whether the
materials exist on our planet. Another kind of information that would be value would be an analysis of government behavior, such as patterns in their spending or policy-making. Would our government spend billions on Iraq if they had recently witnessed an alien interview?

To reiterate, if you see a video of an alien interview that any amateur with a cheap video camera could have made, you simply disregard it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 03:52:30 pm by Ender »

Offline abc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 08:46:37 pm »

Have you seen it?  It looks so fake that it's almost funny.

Not to mention it's pretty strange that the "alien" is able to survive in our atmosphere without a breather or something like that.

Yeah, I saw it...

How do you know how an alien is adapted? for all we know, maybe it doesn't use oxygen as a source of need? People think this is so fake, but they don't stop to think that what do they know about aliens? Nothing, other then what science fiction and Hollywood has brought before their eyes. Think about this... Do you really think we (as the human population on earth) are the only ones in this whole universe? I personally think their has to be another reality filled with people like us...

On a side note: I went further into that video, and researched more and some make up artist from Hollywood said, they couldn't replicate that and the movements well enough to look like that.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 10:32:56 pm »
How do you know how an alien is adapted? for all we know, maybe it doesn't use oxygen as a source of need? People think this is so fake, but they don't stop to think that what do they know about aliens? Nothing, other then what science fiction and Hollywood has brought before their eyes. Think about this... Do you really think we (as the human population on earth) are the only ones in this whole universe? I personally think their has to be another reality filled with people like us...

I have already thought about and realized everything you said -- mostly because it's obvious and partly because I find this subject interesting.

In my defense, however, I never said the alien relied on oxygen for metabolic energy.  I said I thought it was strange that it could survive in our atmosphere (which is mostly Nitrogen, if that wasn't already obvious).  I said nothing conclusive.  It was merely an observation and a suggestion based on reasoning it is unlikely that alien life forms use the same atmosphere we do (or are even tolerable of our own atmosphere), all things considered.  I never said it was impossible.

Not to mention the person communicating with the alien was a telepath.  Haha.  I suppose telepathy is possible, but at this point, I don't think it can be done without the aid of technology, meaning that everyone who used it would have to have a cybernetic implant of some sort.

I could go on and on, but I'd rather not.  I think that most of the points here are obvious and the other ones aren't worth mentioning.  Believe it if you want to, but I think it's absolutely fake.

Lastly, I did not mention or even imply my opinion on the existence of alien life.  I absolutely believe it exists.  To quote the movie Contact:

Ellie Arroway: [to a group of children] I'll tell you one thing about the universe, though. The universe is a pretty big place. It's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. Right?

On a side note: I went further into that video, and researched more and some make up artist from Hollywood said, they couldn't replicate that and the movements well enough to look like that.

I read the entire wikipedia article.  Despite alleged "experts'" claims suggesting this film's legitimacy, I still find it to be comically fraudulent.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 10:35:51 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 11:19:27 pm »
What really got me was the point of nobody coming forward to take the fame as the hoax mastermind.

Also, there was something saying that people who have seen "aliens" all reported in great detail, and for the most part the same, such as their movement and whatnot.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 11:43:14 pm »
What really got me was the point of nobody coming forward to take the fame as the hoax mastermind.

I think fooling thousands of people into believing a fake video of an alien is real would be pretty satisfying in itself...

Plus, the guy who was behind all of this (the guy who's commenting in the video) was paid decently after the documentary was made.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 11:50:09 pm »
Also, there was something saying that people who have seen "aliens" all reported in great detail, and for the most part the same, such as their movement and whatnot.

That's most likely because of pop culture - all the movies of alien invasions and Martians and whatnot. This pop culture has created a stereotypical alien image.  Notice how the alien has a head, two eyes, and a nose, as do we, as do all the aliens in these trashy pop culture movies spawned from unimaginative minds. Also notice that Contact didn't lay any claims to the aliens' physical traits.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 12:30:32 am »

I think fooling thousands of people into believing a fake video of an alien is real would be pretty satisfying in itself...

Plus, the guy who was behind all of this (the guy who's commenting in the video) was paid decently after the documentary was made.

If people are still debating the truth in it, I'd consider it a loss.

Also, I never said I believe this is true. I've never seen the movie. I just said I am not going to say it's false.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 02:47:41 am »
If people are still debating the truth in it, I'd consider it a loss.

Also, I never said I believe this is true. I've never seen the movie. I just said I am not going to say it's false.

Why?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2812084192530401757

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 02:58:31 am »
At least watch the 3 minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eY7R7Hjgs

Oh, and I feel so ignored in this thread : (

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 07:35:44 pm »
Hey everybody, since nobody has mentioned this yet, you should watch the 3-minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eY7R7Hjgs

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 08:17:07 pm »
Hey everybody, since nobody has mentioned this yet, you should watch the 3-minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eY7R7Hjgs

Ah, nice!  All the extra clutter is cut out! :)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 09:03:20 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sK3AqFYAWQ

was more exciting then that video.

And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 12:42:19 pm »
Thanks!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 12:54:34 pm »
Hopefully everybody "got" my joke, since I was making fun of:

by posting the same link.

Just makin' sure!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 03:14:34 pm »

Just makin' sure!

Yeah, I figured I'd extend it. :P

That was a good one, though :)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 03:20:27 pm »

Just makin' sure!
Lmfao.  You're a weirdo.

Either way, lmfao @ this video.  This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  Lol @ those who believe this is true!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 03:24:50 pm »
This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Exaggerate much? :P

trust

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 10:21:43 pm »
I watched the entire documentary and don't see why everyone here is quick to label it as fraudulent. Aside from the orgin of the videotape, everything matched up with what Victor had said. One of the most interesting points made in the video, I thought, was when they mentioned the alien being behind the glass - that's not something your normal hoaxster would have thought of.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 10:35:39 pm »
I watched the entire documentary and don't see why everyone here is quick to label it as fraudulent. Aside from the orgin of the videotape, everything matched up with what Victor had said. One of the most interesting points made in the video, I thought, was when they mentioned the alien being behind the glass - that's not something your normal hoaxster would have thought of.

I think it looks really fake.  That's why I'm so quick to dismiss it as a hoax.  I think the only opinions that mattered much (the others had points which were obvious, presumptive, hopeful or relatively irrelevant) were the ones of the special effect artists, one of which said he was willing to stake his entire reputation when saying it was a fake (not to mention that guy was the one who did special effects for Babylon 5, officially making him a badass).

What Ender brought up is what I was trying to get at, but didn't go into nearly enough detail.  It is enormously unlikely that an alien would bear that much similarity to a human form.  It appeared to be a bipedal; it had two eyes, a nose and a mouth.  Way too humany for me to buy.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:37:45 pm by Sidoh »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 11:02:08 pm »
Lmfao.  You're a weirdo.

Either way, lmfao @ this video.  This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  Lol @ those who believe this is true!
We really have to start a laugh-counter. That's +3 already!

I think it looks really fake.  That's why I'm so quick to dismiss it as a hoax.  I think the only opinions that mattered much (the others had points which were obvious, presumptive, hopeful or relatively irrelevant) were the ones of the special effect artists, one of which said he was willing to stake his entire reputation when saying it was a fake (not to mention that guy was the one who did special effects for Babylon 5, officially making him a badass).

What Ender brought up is what I was trying to get at, but didn't go into nearly enough detail.  It is enormously unlikely that an alien would bear that much similarity to a human form.  It appeared to be a bipedal; it had two eyes, a nose and a mouth.  Way too humany for me to buy.
I don't think it's totally unreasonable to believe that the human-shaped form can be shared by humans and aliens. There might be some reason that humans were forced to develop intelligence which might relate to our shape, would would explain why it would be shared by other intelligent beings. You could be right, but I don't think that's sufficient cause to doubt it :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 11:16:34 pm »
I don't think it's totally unreasonable to believe that the human-shaped form can be shared by humans and aliens. There might be some reason that humans were forced to develop intelligence which might relate to our shape, would would explain why it would be shared by other intelligent beings. You could be right, but I don't think that's sufficient cause to doubt it :)

I considered that as well and I suppose it's worth mentioning, but I didn't feel like bringing it up. :P

I still think it's more than reasonable to use it as an argument. :P

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 05:56:11 am »
*cries*

I'm not supposed to be the punching bag...

We have Joe for that.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 05:57:38 am »

I think it's really just our hands that make us "intelligent".

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 10:19:12 am »
This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Exaggerate much? :P
Not really... the persons voice, the music in the background, the fact that he said he could hardly stand watching this supposidly alien being looked at by the doctors, the fact that they said a telepath was there talking with the alien.  It was all just stupid and far-fetched.  I don't believe it at all and the whole thing was just stupid.  It seriously was one of the dumbest, if not the dumbest, thing I have ever seen.  But then again, I tend to avoid things that I feel are going to be stupid.
Lmfao.  You're a weirdo.

We really have to start a laugh-counter. That's +3 already!
would explain why it would be shared by other intelligent beings. You could be right, but I don't think that's sufficient cause to doubt it :)
So mean to Brandon. :(
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 01:29:11 pm »
Not really... the persons voice, the music in the background, the fact that he said he could hardly stand watching this supposidly alien being looked at by the doctors, the fact that they said a telepath was there talking with the alien.  It was all just stupid and far-fetched.  I don't believe it at all and the whole thing was just stupid.  It seriously was one of the dumbest, if not the dumbest, thing I have ever seen.  But then again, I tend to avoid things that I feel are going to be stupid.

You're a terribly sheltered boy, then. :(

<iago edit> fixed a broken tag
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:52:41 pm by iago »

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 02:32:27 pm »

You're a terribly sheltered boy, then. :(

<iago edit> fixed a broken tag
I'm not though. :P  Just because I don't like wasting my time on stupid-not-even-funny things doesn't mean I am sheltered.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 02:34:35 pm »
I'm not though. :P  Just because I don't like wasting my time on stupid-not-even-funny things doesn't mean I am sheltered.

I hate that defense.  "Just because I don't waste my time on <X>, doesn't mean that I'm <Y>."  It's so silly.

You've never seen an episode of jackass?

That aside, I don't really think this video fits the definition of "stupid."

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 02:42:42 pm »
I dunno about that, this is pretty stupid. Not as stupid as the 'ghost that causes car crash' movie someone posted, but pretty fucking stupid none the less.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 02:44:26 pm »

I hate that defense.  "Just because I don't waste my time on <X>, doesn't mean that I'm <Y>."  It's so silly.

You've never seen an episode of jackass?

I don't care if you hate that defense or not, it's a valid defense and to say differently is silly IMO.  And yes, I have seen about 1 or 2 episodes of jackass and I saw the movie (went with friends). Jackass is pretty stupid, but atleast it has *some* humour to it and entertainment value, unlike this.  I don't watch Jackass, the only time I see it is if a friend is watching it and I just happen to be over at their place.

I'm glad that you don't think it fits the definition of stupid, but I do.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 02:51:13 pm »
I dunno about that, this is pretty stupid. Not as stupid as the 'ghost that causes car crash' movie someone posted, but pretty fucking stupid none the less.

I don't agree, considering one of the two experts who's opinions I valued most was "undecided," I don't think that it is stupid.

I don't care if you hate that defense or not, it's a valid defense and to say differently is silly IMO.  And yes, I have seen about 1 or 2 episodes of jackass and I saw the movie (went with friends). Jackass is pretty stupid, but atleast it has *some* humour to it and entertainment value, unlike this.  I don't watch Jackass, the only time I see it is if a friend is watching it and I just happen to be over at their place.

The reason I don't like it is because it annoys me when people say doing something is a waste of time in an object manner.  I could think up a number of reasons that watching stupid things isn't a waste of time (I obviously don't think that this is always true).  For starters, observing the stupid enlightens the ignorant.

You're misusing "stupid."  I think you should be saying "boring" or "pointless."  A movie isn't "stupid" because it lacks entertainment or humor (you're not Canadian! :P).  A documentary on a particle accelerator may be boring for some people, but I definitely don't think they could validly argue that it's stupid.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 02:59:09 pm »

I don't agree, considering one of the two experts who's opinions I valued most was "undecided," I don't think that it is stupid.

The reason I don't like it is because it annoys me when people say doing something is a waste of time in an object manner.  I could think up a number of reasons that watching stupid things isn't a waste of time (I obviously don't think that this is always true).  For starters, observing the stupid enlightens the ignorant.

You're misusing "stupid."  I think you should be saying "boring" or "pointless."  A movie isn't "stupid" because it lacks entertainment or humor (you're not Canadian! :P).  A documentary on a particle accelerator may be boring for some people, but I definitely don't think they could validly argue that it's stupid.
Lol @ you.  I'm not misusing stupid in anyway.  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupid  Check #3 and #4 of the first definition.  And I like humour over humor. :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 03:00:49 pm by AntiVirus »
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 03:05:33 pm »
Yep, you're right.  I shouldn't have said pointless either, because it wasn't pointless.  It clearly has a point.  It's either here to attempt to fool us or to show us some of the secrets our government is holding from us.

For the record, though, dictionary.com sucks.  It includes several colloquial definitions.

You'd get marked off on a paper here for spelling it humour, I'm pretty sure.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 03:06:21 pm »
I think you're just being pedantic. :P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 03:07:26 pm »

There are certain things I'm very picky about.  One is exaggerating and saying things like "that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen," which is what started me going. :P

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 03:09:45 pm »
In college, really?  I haven't had to write many papers that included this specific word, but I would think that a University that accepts students from all over the world wouldn't take points off for spelling it the Canadian way.  That'd be stupid IMO, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. 

There are certain things I'm very picky about.  One is exaggerating and saying things like "that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen," which is what started me going. :P
You'll get over it. :P
It includes several colloquial definitions.
You shouldn't ignore those definitions since those are the ones that usually change our formal langauge.  However, if you were writing something formal you shouldn't use those, but eventually those colloquial definitions will become formal.  The language is forever evolving.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 03:15:31 pm by AntiVirus »
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 03:12:02 pm »
Not that this matters or is in any way related, but some guy on the history channel just used the word "happenstance" in a similair manner to circumstance. I looked it up and it has a similair definition, but it sounded really funny.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 03:14:34 pm »
In college, really?  I haven't had to write many papers that included this specific word, but I would think that a University that accepts students from all over the world wouldn't take points off for spelling it the Canadian way.  That'd be stupid IMO, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen. 

Maybe, maybe not.  I don't have to take any writing classes, so I guess it's up to you to find out. :P

You'll get over it. :P

You shouldn't ignore those definitions since those are the ones that usually change our formal langauge.  However, if you were writing something formal you shouldn't use those, but eventually those colloquial definitions will become formal.  The language is forever evolving.

I'm tempted to copy/paste the captain obvious picture.  I don't ignore colloquial definitions.  I just tend to avoid referencing them because they are just that: informal.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 03:20:35 pm by Sidoh »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 03:20:59 pm »
I'm pretty sure you'd get marked off on a paper here for spelling it "humor".

Of course, that practically defines "objective" :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 03:22:16 pm »
I'm pretty sure you'd get marked off on a paper here for spelling it "humor".

Of course, that practically defines "objective" :)

What's that all aboot?

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 03:27:53 pm »

I'm tempted to copy/paste the captain obvious picture.  I don't ignore colloquial definitions.  I just tend to avoid referencing them because they are just that: informal.
The only reason I said that was to make sure you knew.  Sometimes I wonder if it's obvious for you.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2007, 03:37:26 pm »
The only reason I said that was to make sure you knew.  Sometimes I wonder if it's obvious for you.

::)

Hopefully what I just said showed you why I recommended against using dictionary.com.