Author Topic: Fat chicks don't go to college  (Read 10601 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Fat chicks don't go to college
« on: July 24, 2007, 04:33:38 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/07/23/obesegirls.html/

Ya know, thinkin about it, I'm probably going to have to agree.
However, I will say that there are still FAR too many fat people around in general.
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/fit.nation/obesity.map/

My school has some fat people, more-so chicks than dudes I think, but I dont really notice other dudes.  I would also venture to say that there are a lot of husky dudes and just plain-out flat chicks.  I am glad that the ratio of chicks to dudes is high.  I wanna say maybe 60-40?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 04:35:28 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Fat chicks don't go to college
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 04:37:26 pm »
They probably don't go because they have low self esteem, on account of assholes calling them "fat chicks".

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 04:46:26 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's what the article basically says, and I pretty much agree.

Society says fat chicks are pretty much ugly and that fat dudes can be husky or just big in general, that doesn't make them have self confidence issues.

MAYBE, just MAYBE this study also hints that women are basically emotionally unstable ;).

I don't think calling a fat chick fat is assholish either.  Doing it to her face would be, sure.  But outside of that it's only the truth.  I used to be a "skinny bitch" but that's something I can control so if people call me that, oh well.  People can change their weight, it might be harder for some, but it's doable.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 05:03:21 pm »
It's a self esteem thing. When somebody thinks there's something physically wrong with them, it's stressful. It's not the kind of stress you deal with quickly (like, say, seeing a snake or losing your job), but it's the kind that stays with you forever, eating away at you, like an addiction or some tragedy that you can't deal with.

This kind of stress is dangerous, because it manifests itself differently in different people. In the case of somebody that's overweight, they likely deal with stress by eating. It's almost like an addiction, doing it makes them feel better even if they don't realize it.

A side effect of this (and probably the cause, depending on wording) is low self esteem, and self esteem that gets lower and lower. People like that, unless they wake up and realize what's going on, will eventually end up in an abusive relationship. Somebody who hates themselves will latch onto somebody who will tell them what they expect to hear, and tell them what to think and how to act, since they obviously can't do it themselves.

Like I said, it doesn't happen in every case, but it's a dangerous consequence of this kind of behaviour.

And by the way, this is coming from somebody (albeit a guy) who's overweight and has had issues with self-confidence. I've personally broken out of that kind of cycle, mostly on account of the kind of person I am, but I totally understand what they're going through.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 05:09:13 pm »
I don't believe I've ever had high self esteem or confidence (lower self confidence though).

I do feel better now that I've started getting bigger and looking less 'goofy' and I'm about 90% sure that the same has happened with my friend.  He used to be quite goofy, not too smart, and fat...he's pretty cool, insansely smart, and pretty built now.  Just takes will power...that's where it all lies.  And that is only a mental thing, just have to want to change I spose.
If you don't want to change you won't.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 09:26:20 am »
iago I like how your defending womens' right to be fat here  :P. If you were a real man you would all want them to be super models. Alot of women who are over weight bring it upon them selfs and can easily enough lose it with a bit of work. You only have low self esteem if you let it get to you.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 10:09:43 am »
iago I like how your defending womens' right to be fat here  :P. If you were a real man you would all want them to be super models. Alot of women who are over weight bring it upon them selfs and can easily enough lose it with a bit of work. You only have low self esteem if you let it get to you.
eww  :P

Does your school have fat chicks?  More so at your highschool than a local college? 

I know my Wal Mart has TONS of fat chicks (lol), but I also think that highschool was slightly heavier too

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:50:28 am »

I love the phrase "real man" -- it's totally a way to justify thinking or saying stupid things. Being a "real man" doesn't mean you have to objectify women, does it?

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:31:52 pm »
I love the phrase "real man" -- it's totally a way to justify thinking or saying stupid things.

lol.  It's like an insult to men everywhere.  The better one approximates a man, the less thoughtful and more obnoxious he is, I guess.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 01:26:32 pm »
I was thinking the same thing. But if it is not their fault and they are doing all they can to lower their weight but somehow are still fat (I can't think of how this is possible) they shouldn't feel bad about themselves.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 02:06:04 pm »
I love the phrase "real man" -- it's totally a way to justify thinking or saying stupid things.

lol.  It's like an insult to men everywhere.  The better one approximates a man, the less thoughtful and more obnoxious he is, I guess.

The phrase "man it up!" has become a joke at work. :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 02:20:35 pm »
Man it up?

That just sounds gay

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 03:14:32 pm »
You use Linux at your work still, don't you? :P
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 05:11:16 pm »
I use Windows for my primary OS, I don't have a choice there since I'm a writer and we all write in Word, but I do have a Slackware computer next to me that I use for a lot of stuff.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 07:17:55 am »
I use Windows for my primary OS, I don't have a choice there since I'm a writer and we all write in Word, but I do have a Slackware computer next to me that I use for a lot of stuff.

OOo supports MS Word formatting.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.