Author Topic: "Smarter Teens Having Less Sex"  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
"Smarter Teens Having Less Sex"
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:36:58 pm »
http://science.slashdot.org/science/07/08/01/1254250.shtml

Suddenly it explains why I can't get any. :D

My personal favorite quote out of the whole article:

Religiousness correlates with lower IQ, and as HS shows in the same post, intelligent people were also more likely to say that premarital sex was not immoral

Zing. 8)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: "Smarter Teens Having Less Sex"
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:44:56 pm »
correlation.

black people are criminals.
proof: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2956628   >:(!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 12:50:12 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 12:51:27 pm »
It's definitely correlation, like any study, but they do propose a lot of explanations in the article.

Personally, I think it's a self esteem thing. People who are smarter tend to have a higher self esteem (I'm assuming), so they don't feel as much need to prove their worth to themselves or to others. That's just my opinion on the matter, though. :P

http://www.gnxp.com/blog/uploaded_images/Picture-1-720552.png is pretty awesome, though. :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 01:07:47 pm »
I dont think religious people have low self esteem

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 01:16:49 pm »

Huh?  All I see is:

Religion = Lower IQ

Or were you riding off of iago's comment?
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 01:28:57 pm »
Or were you riding off of iago's comment?

edit:
also, it doesnt say religion = lower IQ
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 01:40:08 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 02:10:02 pm »
Isn't this just stating the obvious? Guys who are intelligent are more likely to be nerds, and therefore less likely to get any female contact whatsoever? Certainly explains why Newby still has his v-card.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 02:12:04 pm »
Isn't this just stating the obvious? Guys who are intelligent are more likely to be nerds, and therefore less likely to get any female contact whatsoever? Certainly explains why Newby still has his v-card.
You say that, but look at the stereotypical nerdy one: Computer Science. It's one of the degrees where people are least likely to be virgins.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 02:22:06 pm »
You say that, but look at the stereotypical nerdy one: Computer Science. It's one of the degrees where people are least likely to be virgins.
really?  :o

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »

He's just saying that to make himself sound cooler. We all know iago's still a virgin too.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 02:59:41 pm »
Isn't this just stating the obvious?

Pretty much, but the evidence/research (if you can call it that) behind it was a good read.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 03:21:02 pm »

He's just saying that to make himself sound cooler. We all know iago's still a virgin too.

Did you guys look at the graph I linked to?

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 03:32:54 pm »

Did you guys look at the graph I linked to?

No, the link didn't work before. But yeah, that's hilariously fake. Hah! You wish.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 03:35:41 pm »
No, the link didn't work before. But yeah, that's hilariously fake. Hah! You wish.

The graph is right in the middle of the linked article. You can't pick and choose which parts of the article you believe, which is what you seem to be doing...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 04:06:29 pm »
I see it in the artcile, I cant see it in your link, something about offsite imaging?

comp sci = #4 in least virgins :o

poli sci is low, good thing I'm in gov't ;)!

studio art people are WHORES