Author Topic: Assassin's Creed  (Read 9054 times)

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
Assassin's Creed
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:38:05 pm »
So I was just at Newbies house watching him play it and it looks awesome!
although some of the actions may be repetitious (while fighting) when you go around the city and on top of buildings it is mind boggling

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:00:24 pm »
I want it, but I have no money....

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:10:36 am »
It's really badass. A lot of repetitive action, but it's all for the greater good. Plus, the storyline draws you in a good amount. :)

It's not like any game I've played. I want to compare it to the Hitman series, but it's a lot different from that in feeling.

And to be honest, there's a lot of repetitiveness in most games. Halo? Bang. Bang. Bang. It's all about how you go about it. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 06:54:14 am »
It feels like doing daily quest with out the pay off.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

trust

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 05:17:34 pm »
I was so excited for this game after hearing that the graphics were amazing. I got a new TV Friday (parents upgraded 3 of our TV's) so now I have a 32in LCD instead of a 23in LCD and I was anxious to play Xbox on it because of the amazing picture. I was like...omg Assassins Creed (just like that) and was sick and asked my mom to go to Blockbuster to rent it, but they didn't have it. So anyway fast forward to like 2 hours later: I get the Limited Edition (they didn't have regular) and bring it home, pop it right in. Intro movie looks AMAZING and I have my parents come watch it and I'm just like wow that is great. First play the game, damn nice graphics. But unfortunately that is where the game ends. I've now done I think 3 assassinations and it's just getting kind of boring. You do the exact same thing, and while that's the same in other games (shoot people, just with different scenery) it is just different. You have all of these things you can do (save people, pickpocket, etc.) but really it doesn't matter. You only have to collect 1 or 2 pieces of information (so far) to find your target, and on top of that the fight scenes just get repetitive and aren't that hard (counter attack over and over, or xx combos.) Whatever. On top of that it's unlike Hitman in where Hitman required a level of stealth, where as this game you can still bump in to whoever and as long as you don't like kill someone in front of a guard it doesn't matter. But if you do it's no challenge to just defeat the few guards that attack you.

I hope in the later levels this game becomes more of a challenge and more fun, but so far it's just a beautiful drawn out set of repetitious actions.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 11:15:24 pm »
I hope in the later levels this game becomes more of a challenge and more fun, but so far it's just a beautiful drawn out set of repetitious actions.

Didn't read the rest of your post. Don't get your hopes up. ;)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Lobo

• Ho Ho Ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 02:51:07 am »
I imagine the game is well made, but I just can't get past hearing the goofy bagger at this store I worked at saying how "cool" this game is; so I don't think I will ever be playing this game because this guy was scarey goofy.

Don't like that. Not at all.

-Lobo out

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 12:26:02 pm »
If you've ever been frustrated by the damn game that won't let you jump (AHEM, ZELDA, FUCKING 3D BUT CAN'T JUMP PIECE OF SHIT1), this game will make you cream.

1I'm a big fan of the Zelda series by and large.  I just don't like it when a guy who's supposed to be a super action hero, who was able to jump as far back as his second appearance in a video game, can't get his shit off the ground unless he's going monkey-nuts with his sword.  I'm bitter.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

trust

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 01:27:56 pm »
true. games that don't allow jumping suck.

in my opinion, this game gets better as it goes along.

trust

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 10:46:05 am »
I'm selling my Limited Edition for $55 if anyone wants it. I was going to sell it to my cousin but he was in Texas and got bored and bought it himself.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:06:01 pm »
Sell it to GameStop or some such...

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 12:55:51 pm »
If you've ever been frustrated by the damn game that won't let you jump (AHEM, ZELDA, FUCKING 3D BUT CAN'T JUMP PIECE OF SHIT1), this game will make you cream.

1I'm a big fan of the Zelda series by and large.  I just don't like it when a guy who's supposed to be a super action hero, who was able to jump as far back as his second appearance in a video game, can't get his shit off the ground unless he's going monkey-nuts with his sword.  I'm bitter.

Play Super Smash Bros... both Link and Zelda can jump. (Shiek too)
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

trust

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 02:46:06 pm »
Sell it to GameStop or some such...

The trade in value at Gamestop is $30. This game cost $70.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 02:57:00 pm »

So can Young Link!  But that doesn't change the fact that Fox is top tier.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 03:06:08 am »

So can Young Link!  But that doesn't change the fact that Fox is top tier.

I prefer playing Falco, rather than Fox.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny