Author Topic: Dartford Cemetery Haunting?  (Read 5021 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Dartford Cemetery Haunting?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 08:28:19 am »
Ghosts are a bit tricky. You're going to need an enchanted weapon to defeat them. That, or magical abilities. Zombies, though, you just need to damage their brains; I suggest a cricket bat.

If video games have tought me anything, and they sure have, it's that sawed off shotguns work wonders on Zombies.  :)

Shotguns are crappy anti-zombie weapons. Their range is far too short, when zombies are that close you likely have serious problems. What you want is a rifle for long range and a melee weapon (baseball or cricket bat) for close. Shotguns and chainsaws both suck.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 08:43:20 am »
For close range the ideal weapon would obviously be a chainsaw. But then you would have to worry about fuel, so it might be a good idea to keep a katana strapped to your back.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline slinky

• Don't touch my cookie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 04:00:38 pm »
what about daggers? Obviously katanas would work the best for bladed weapons, but come on...daggers are small, and easy to conceal. I think someone may get suspicious if they see someone with a katana strapped to their back.
"But I still believe in immortal love, and I know there's someone above. Shinedown don't take it away from me no, and I know you know how yeah. Shinedown, just give me a chance to feel it, it's taken forever to get me off the ground." -Godsmack

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 04:18:35 pm »
what about daggers? Obviously katanas would work the best for bladed weapons, but come on...daggers are small, and easy to conceal. I think someone may get suspicious if they see someone with a katana strapped to their back.

I have to say I would never choose a dagger over a Katana.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 04:55:16 pm »

Zombies don't get suspicious.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 05:08:04 pm »
For close range the ideal weapon would obviously be a chainsaw. But then you would have to worry about fuel, so it might be a good idea to keep a katana strapped to your back.
Chainsaws are bad ideas. They can run out of gas, they can jam up (especially when covered with blood), they get dangerous to the user (especially when they're slippery with blood -- see Dawn of the Dead 2k4 for more info), and they're really noisy, which attracts more zombies. Other than looking cool, there is absolutely no benefit to using a chainsaw on zombies.

A katana, kept sharp enough to cut through a neck, would work well. Failing that, a club.