Author Topic: Concealed weapons: good/bad?  (Read 23101 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Concealed weapons: good/bad?
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2008, 09:53:33 am »
It's not my fault your a moron

lol @ that statement as a whole.

Way to argue like a decent person. -_-
Not to mention the irony. "your" :)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 10:02:13 am »
Two threads on the pretty much the exact same topic is pretty stupid. But I guess it fits, since the idea of concealed weapons is stupid.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 10:57:45 am »
That's because you aren't thinking it through.

All I can do is lol at that. Way to take a shot below the belt when all I've been to you is open-minded and fair. That's fine, though. It signifies to me that you're undeserving of the respect I initially gave (and want to continue giving) you. I'm sorry you couldn't offer me the same, but like I said, that's why I think you're extremely biased in the matter. If something doesn't fit into your scheme of things, you refuse to accept it contrary to the logic put forth. That's usually how it is though when people argue over subjects that are so close to them on an emotional level. It's either that, or Devil's advocate...

Besides, I'd rather not play hop-scotch or connect-the-dots with your broken logic, because really, that's all I've been doing so far, and quite frankly, I'm growing weary of it.

Also, I don't know if it's your ego or the booze that's congesting your thoughts, but like I said, please write that letter. If it's not rejection from me and other members on the forum that you're willing to accept, then hopefully it will be the person you're writing to.

And if it's not too much, I ask that you keep me informed on what the response you receive is, whether it's in your favor or not. If I don't see it in the upcoming months, then I will keep the assumption that you're biased. If I do see it, then I will relinquish that assumption.

How's that sound for a proposition? On my end, I honestly think that that is as fair as I can get.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 11:37:31 am »
If it goes off topic again I'll just move it ... but I just wanted that thread to be on topic

Those were way off topic, they didnt need to be in that thread.

But they were off topic (as you're making this thread) which questions their relevance.

Stop going off topic! ;)

And just for good measure:

A) The topic was "anything else I should point out?"
B) Thanks for the personal attack ;D

Oh the hypocrisy! :D
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 11:42:57 am »
A) The topic was "anything else I should point out?"
B) Thanks for the personal attack ;D

Oh the hypocrisy! :D

Hahahah.

Hahahah.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2008, 01:28:36 pm »

After some additional thought, I've come to the conclusion that you're right: I'm not thinking it through, and it indeed isn't your fault that I'm a moron.

I mean, if everyone else here on the forum doesn't see it your way, how can I even come close? I guess by your tokening, that would make us all morons.

You see what I did there? :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 01:30:34 pm »
I see what you did there.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2008, 01:40:53 pm »

Not to mention the irony. "your" :)
That was what I was LOLing at!

As an aside, Arizona is so hip to concealed weapons that we're going to put forth a bill to allow guns to be carried on campuses by people with a concealed-carry permit. :)
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2008, 05:23:50 pm »

I learned from our dear, dear leader Sidoh, what can I say? 

Also, I tried to find the picture of a redneck holding a sign that says that (grammatical error was the big point) ... thought it'd be fitting.  Too bad I couldn't find it/didn't care enough to look more :(.

As for my arugment not being convincing, or whatever, no one has posted ANY good counter arguments.  Point one out, I'll show how my argument is better.  Do it, I dare ya ;)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2008, 05:32:06 pm »
You had an argument?

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 05:33:09 pm »
You had an argument?

lol. :)

CrAz3D, the only thing you've shown thus far is incompetence in constructing sound and valid arguments, and following chains of reasoning.

Go take a logic class.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:41:06 pm by Bender »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 05:55:58 pm »
Well, I don't even know what've been going on in this thread really ... but I've had valid points.

But just to appease you ...

Universities SHOULD allow concealed carry for the following reasons:
1) Police response time is often too long to prevent or lessen the harm.
2) Students with their Concealed Handgun License (CHL) have the potentital to resolve the situation much sooner than police can.  30 people died on the campus of Virginia Tech AFTER police arrived.
3) Students are "sitting ducks" when disarmed by law.  Allowing students with CHLs to carry on campus will end the prescription of the "sitting duck" and allow students to make their own choices.
4) University campuses are no more stressful than (A) homes with screaming children and bills due; (B) crowded grocery stores; (C) heavy traffic streets; (D) self employement in many fields; (E) the military; and so forth.  All of the aforementioned places allow concealed carry of firearms (B & C vary by state law and circumstances).

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 06:17:35 pm »
Well, I don't even know what've been going on in this thread really ... but I've had valid points.

But just to appease you ...

Universities SHOULD allow concealed carry for the following reasons:
1) Police response time is often too long to prevent or lessen the harm.
2) Students with their Concealed Handgun License (CHL) have the potentital to resolve the situation much sooner than police can.  30 people died on the campus of Virginia Tech AFTER police arrived.
3) Students are "sitting ducks" when disarmed by law.  Allowing students with CHLs to carry on campus will end the prescription of the "sitting duck" and allow students to make their own choices.
4) University campuses are no more stressful than (A) homes with screaming children and bills due; (B) crowded grocery stores; (C) heavy traffic streets; (D) self employement in many fields; (E) the military; and so forth.  All of the aforementioned places allow concealed carry of firearms (B & C vary by state law and circumstances).
Although I don't agree with all those points, I feel it necessary to bridge the threads by pointing out that those exact same arguments can be applied to highschool students, but I don't see anybody arguing in favour to arm them. What's the difference?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2008, 06:27:26 pm »
The majority of high schools students can't do the following: buy a handgun, buy handgun ammo, possess a handgun, buy a rifle, buy rifle ammunition, possess a rifle, be their own legal guardian, hold a job, drive, join the military, or vote.  The school maintains all control and responsibility over these people.  These people don't even have full rights.

Also, AGAIN, I'm arguing for CONCEALED CARRY ON UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, no where else, no where less, and nothing different.  We're not talking about arming more people.  We're not talking about arming 6 year olds.  The purpose of SCCC is to open university campuses to concealed carry.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2008, 06:56:28 pm »
But you just argued that
a) police can't help students
b) students with guns can resolve a "situation"
c) students are sitting ducks if they don't have weapons
and d) campuses aren't more stressful than home (I don't think it's unreasonable to extend that to highschools)

That's your argument. Right? I just re-worded a tad to summarize it quickly.

Now, if that argument, as you wrote it, is valid for university students, why isn't it valid for highschool students?

If you don't think it's valid for highschool students, you're going to have to re-think your argument, because apparently it is invalid.