Author Topic: Firefox 2 RC1  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Firefox 2 RC1
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 03:25:39 am »
So which one would make it explode like IE :O?

Haha.  Some sloppily coded, piece of crap addon!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 07:50:21 am »
IETab!

Anyway, I like Opera more now (thanks Sidoh!), but I still have to resort to using Firefox for some of my courses' sites (evil IE/Firefox only sites).  Incompatible with Opera my ass!

What I like most is the mouse gestures :D  Very handy.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 08:49:31 am »
Yeah, I wish that Firefox would save your last open stuff so when you load it it's all there again like Opera does, though.  That's a feature I liked when I tried it.

Haha.  I actually don't like that too much.  I miss it when it would have been useful, though (ie, computer crashed)!

In the event that the computer crashes (or Firefox process gets killed, etc), it'll give you the option to open previous tabs on the next load.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 11:59:26 am »
In the event that the computer crashes (or Firefox process gets killed, etc), it'll give you the option to open previous tabs on the next load.

.. what the fuck are you talking about?  Maybe you should reread the sentence you were replying to.

IETab!

Anyway, I like Opera more now (thanks Sidoh!), but I still have to resort to using Firefox for some of my courses' sites (evil IE/Firefox only sites).  Incompatible with Opera my ass!

Yeah.  The sites I use for school are "incompatable" with Opera too, but the warnings seem to just be for liability.  It works fine!

I like Mouse Jesters too.  Of course, FireFox has an addon to do that, though. :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 12:02:47 pm »
My main problem with Firefox2 is that a lot of the extensions I like don't support it yet.  Web Developer is the big one -- I don't think I'd survive at work without it.  I do use FF2 at home, but not at work yet.

Yeah, I wish that Firefox would save your last open stuff so when you load it it's all there again like Opera does, though.  That's a feature I liked when I tried it.
I hate that feature.  There's usually a reason I close my browser.

.. what the fuck are you talking about?  Maybe you should reread the sentence you were replying to.
Maybe you should quote the sentence he's replying to when you say something like that so I don't have to go back and look.  That's one of the cases where I like nested quotes :P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 12:08:46 pm »
My main problem with Firefox2 is that a lot of the extensions I like don't support it yet.  Web Developer is the big one -- I don't think I'd survive at work without it.  I do use FF2 at home, but not at work yet.

Pff.  Why aren't you using lynx you pussy?!

I hate that feature.  There's usually a reason I close my browser.

That's why I disabled it on Opera. :P

Like I said, though, there are times when it would be useful.

Maybe you should quote the sentence he's replying to when you say something like that so I don't have to go back and look.  That's one of the cases where I like nested quotes :P

Click on the link you lazy bum!  (Okay, so I can't really call you a lazy bum Mr. Ride-your-bike-10km-every-day)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 12:18:09 pm »
Click on the link you lazy bum!  (Okay, so I can't really call you a lazy bum Mr. Ride-your-bike-10km-every-day)
The point of quoting is so I don't HAVE to go back!

And I ride my bike over 30km/day, so shut yo mouth

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 12:19:57 pm »
The point of quoting is so I don't HAVE to go back!

And I ride my bike over 30km/day, so shut yo mouth

Duh! :P

::)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 01:58:17 pm »

IETab!

Yeah.  The sites I use for school are "incompatable" with Opera too, but the warnings seem to just be for liability.  It works fine!

I like Mouse Jesters too.  Of course, FireFox has an addon to do that, though. :P
Nope! WebCT loads a "Download IE or Firefox" page if HTTP_USERAGENT isn't IE or Firefox.  It's annoying as fuck.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 02:16:01 pm »
Nope! WebCT loads a "Download IE or Firefox" page if HTTP_USERAGENT isn't IE or Firefox.  It's annoying as fuck.
Doesn't Opera give you the option to change the user-agent string?  I don't have Opera on this machine, but I could have sworn it did.

Also, yeah, WebCT sucks.  Our school was slowly deprecating it while I was there, moving to another horrible system that was at least usable. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 02:37:58 pm »

Not necessarily.

Doesn't Opera give you the option to change the user-agent string?  I don't have Opera on this machine, but I could have sworn it did.

Yeah, I believe it does. 

Edit: yeah.  Here it is: http://sidoh.dark-wire.net/upload/viewitem.php?id=336

Edit2: I had more luck with "Mask as Internet Explorer."

Also, yeah, WebCT sucks.  Our school was slowly deprecating it while I was there, moving to another horrible system that was at least usable. 

I don't mind it.  It seems like its a pain for the teachers, but it's been kind of nicing being able to check scores, homework assignments, etc online.  It's definitely usable here. :P
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 03:33:19 pm by Sidoh »