Author Topic: Seeking legal advice..  (Read 19987 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Seeking legal advice..
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 01:32:28 pm »
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with warz. We have the WORST Asian drivers here in Winnipeg. They PISS ME OFF...

On my way back from the lake I saw a little asian kid on a speed bike pulled over by a state trooper on a bike.  Fuckin kid (for all I know he was 30, crazy asian kids) was sitting on the road guard texting.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 01:36:04 pm »
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with warz. We have the WORST Asian drivers here in Winnipeg. They PISS ME OFF...

On my way back from the lake I saw a little asian kid on a speed bike pulled over by a state trooper on a bike.  Fuckin kid (for all I know he was 30, crazy asian kids) was sitting on the road guard texting.

I'm sort of confused about what you're talking about. A guy got pulled over, and he's texting somebody. So...?

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 04:02:53 pm »
So what ever happened with this?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 04:33:17 pm »

I'm sort of confused about what you're talking about. A guy got pulled over, and he's texting somebody. So...?

A)  We dont have asians here, and they all do suck at driving.
B)  What a prick to be texting.  Also, asian + technology = cliche lol moment

trust

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 04:57:59 pm »
I have an azn friend and he's the most awkward person haha but it's so funny sometimes. along with the technology statement, he got the iPhone the day it came out.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:12 pm »
My city has a very high population of Asian people. It's like, the most concentration of Vietnamese people west of Saigon. And to tell you the truth, most of them don't suck at driving. Just the older Asian ladies. Or, well, Asian women in general. Most of the guys are pretty skilled drivers, especially the ones you see attending auto-x or road course events :p
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

trust

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 07:11:48 pm »
of course youd say that arent you azn

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 09:37:59 pm »
I'm Asian and I'm not a bad driver.  Although I did just mail my first speeding ticket today.  Fuck Amelia County.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

trust

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2008, 10:14:24 pm »
I'm Asian and I'm not a bad driver.  Although I did just mail my first speeding ticket today.  Fuck Amelia County.

my first and only speeding ticket was in good ol farmvegas

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 01:14:59 am »
I don't understand how you guys get speeding tickets.  Here, you'll get one for being 10km over, which is roughly 6.21371192 miles.  Roughly.  I always hear about people going 10 miles over, which often confuses me on how you can let yourself slip that much.  :\
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 01:33:21 am »
Easily. You go over the speed limit a lot on purpose, thinking you wont be caught.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2008, 08:24:32 am »
I don't understand how you guys get speeding tickets.  Here, you'll get one for being 10km over, which is roughly 6.21371192 miles.  Roughly.  I always hear about people going 10 miles over, which often confuses me on how you can let yourself slip that much.  :\
10km over is usually the safe rule of thumb here, on a highway. So yeah, I totally agree. :)

trust

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2008, 08:30:28 am »

i was 14 over. I was going back to school from walmart and wasn't really paying attention, decided to take a back road that runes parallel with the main road. If I had been on the main road I wouldn't have gotten a ticket.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 11:37:04 pm »

my first and only speeding ticket was in good ol farmvegas
I swear the Farmville police really have nothing better to do than to pick on college kids.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 11:48:28 pm »

I haven't been driving in Canada for years, but unless I'm mistaken, your speed limits tend to be higher. Interstate highways that are "near" large cities are rarely any higher than 55mph. In urban areas, they let the interstate speed limits get around 65, and in the middle of nowhere they can get even higher.

Does that sound like a fair assessment?

[edit] Oh, I forgot to make my point! Regardless of what the speed limit is, 75 will not get you pulled over, and 85 will definitely get you pulled over on most interstate, and some non-interstate highways.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:50:27 pm by Camel »

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!