Author Topic: age of conan  (Read 30091 times)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
Re: age of conan
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 12:53:20 pm »
it does, but you have to buy the game. the first month is free. there's no free download, yet.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 01:50:25 pm »
a simple "no" would of sufficed
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 01:55:45 pm »
Wrath of the Lich King. Age of Conan will be a distant memory by then.
What does WoTLK have that AoC doesn't already?

about 9.5 million people
Yeah, disregard the fact that that's spread out across the entire world. Content wise however it has nothing.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 01:56:50 pm »
it does, but you have to buy the game. the first month is free. there's no free download, yet.

Ah, okay.  Well, at least I wouldn't have to blow an extra $15 just to find out if I like it.  I think I might pick it up later today, but I don't think I'll be able to install it for a few weeks.  I'm stuck in a hotel until the house I'm renting for the summer is ready to move into.

On a side note, can you dl WoW/BC from like a torrent or something and use it to install the game?  I left my disks at home. :(

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 02:01:28 pm »
Does AoC have a free trial like WoW does?  I'd really like to give it a try, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to pay for a month of access I won't use if I end up not liking it.
^ this

I wasn't terribly excited about AoC comming out like many were so I'm going to wait for a free trial before I decide whether or not to sink money into it. Games don't usually offer the free trial right away, so I figure by the time they do most of the major bugs will be fixed (hopefully)
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 02:03:29 pm »
Does AoC have a free trial like WoW does?  I'd really like to give it a try, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to pay for a month of access I won't use if I end up not liking it.
^ this

I wasn't terribly excited about AoC comming out like many were so I'm going to wait for a free trial before I decide whether or not to sink money into it. Games don't usually offer the free trial right away, so I figure by the time they do most of the major bugs will be fixed (hopefully)

Heh, yeah, that's a good point.  I kind of get the impression that the bugs are really going to bog down the enjoyment of the game.  Still, though, it's what, like $50?  I'll spend that to try it out.  If it doesn't work out, I think I'll probably do WoW.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 02:33:15 pm »
On a side note, can you dl WoW/BC from like a torrent or something and use it to install the game?  I left my disks at home. :(
There's a link to download the full client in the account management page
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 02:44:08 pm »

about 9.5 million people
Yeah, disregard the fact that that's spread out across the entire world. Content wise however it has nothing.

and that somehow downplays that figure? who cares how you spin it?
Are you going to deny that World of Warcraft's massive playerbase wont be a factor in it's upcoming expansion? Need I remind you Burning Crusade sold 2.4million copies in 24 hours.

Content wise, no MMO holds a candle to World of Warcraft -- especially in PvE raiding. I watched PvE videos in Age of Conan, it seemed like a cheap imitation and did not fit well with the game.

Sorry, but from what I saw in the Wrath leaked Alpha -- we are in very very good hands. Age of Conan will have it's place, it just won't be number one.
There's been many MMOs who were supposed to be the end of WoW (Fury, Lord of the Rings Online, the upcoming Warhammer, etc) and none with maybe the exception of WAR will turn into anything.

I played previous MMOs by the Age of Conan developers, Anarchy Online was absolute crap. It had good ideas, but the execution was piss poor.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 02:44:48 pm »

about 9.5 million people

ps you're wrong

just to prove how wrong you are I did a survey:

(5:13:00 PM) Warrior: so WOTLK.. great expansion or greatest expansion
(5:13:10 PM) Medon (WoW): greatest.

100% of the people I asked agree with me. 0% agree with you.

edit: I drew you a chart, from now on I will refer to this chart as statistical evidence:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:53:47 pm by Warrior »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 03:39:02 pm »

about 9.5 million people

ps you're wrong

edit: I drew you a chart, from now on I will refer to this chart as statistical evidence:

I hereby register my agreement with whoever it is you're calling "you". Please update your statistics accordingly.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 03:41:21 pm »

about 9.5 million people

ps you're wrong

I hereby register my agreement with whoever it is you're calling "you". Please update your statistics accordingly.

no

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 03:45:51 pm »
no

Then I call your methodology into question, rendering your conclusion worthless. Err, worthlesser.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 04:01:05 pm »
no

Then I call your methodology into question, rendering your conclusion worthless. Err, worthlesser.

no

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 04:10:50 pm »
no

no
Then I call your methodology into question, rendering your conclusion worth.... err, feeling some serious deja vu here...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 04:14:55 pm »
So I picked it up earlier today.  Like I said, though, I don't think I'll have a chance to try it out for a little while.