Author Topic: age of conan  (Read 30102 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: age of conan
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 11:32:20 pm »
1. Says you.
2. That's...not...funny. Sorry.

I found it rather hilarious, you see I knew from your first response to me you'd respond in a heated manner. You took the bait quite nicely, I'm only interested in having a discussion with warz, think of the chart as me politely brushing you off.

WoW doesn't exactly have a lot of instance content if you actually use your head and think about it. Since Naxx there has been nothing new as far as boss fights go, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that seeing as though you've never been into Naxx. Much less attuned for it.

Haha, is this your way of striking back? I give you pure genius (Actually not really, I recycled this same troll from Joe -- but whatever I don't feel like coming up with new content for someone who posts here maybe once a year), and you respond with "you have not seen the same pixels I have seen".

Well played. Well not really, but after all the insults I thought a compliment of sorts was in order.

Come on, let's be realistic: You're trying to justify your spending of money on a game which will  be remembered in history as "just another MMORPG".
It's pretty cute though, so by all means go on.
Why would I be heated? You're the one who's raged over the whole subject. I win either way you look at it because you're arguing with me over this. :P

I could honestly care less if WoW somehow were better than AoC, but from my experience (and I have a lot of it when it comes to WoW, seeing as I started playing back in like 1.3), AoC is better. However, it did take me till I got banned from WoW to realize this, but hey, better late than never.

experience does not equal the amount of time you've been at something.

for example you're like ten or eleven years  old, yet i've met five year olds with more common sense than you
so that alone invalidates your argument

you should leave now
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 02:43:41 am »
Ofcourse AoC isn't better than WoW - it just came out a week ago. :P

edit: a new thought. i may try reverse engineering aoc. if the currently existing issues with the game are any testiment to the game's internals, it may not be that tough. :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:08:35 am by warz »
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 09:15:13 am »
warz, you must answer this with 100% honesty. I'm getting pretty bored on wow, I'm a shaman with 900+ dps enhance gear, around 1400 healing gear, and pvp elemental gear. Whatever spec I try I still seem to get pretty bored. Should I roll another class or try AoC?
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline SNiFFeR

• Sexy
    • View Profile
    • k
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 11:31:34 am »
warz, you must answer this with 100% honesty. I'm getting pretty bored on wow, I'm a shaman with 900+ dps enhance gear, around 1400 healing gear, and pvp elemental gear. Whatever spec I try I still seem to get pretty bored. Should I roll another class or try AoC?

Roll another class faggot.

Offtopic: WTB geared WoW players horde daggerspine pst me.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 12:03:08 pm »

um, depends if you're bored of your shaman, or bored of wow. for me, i was bored of wow. aoc is fun, and today's patch fixed some graphical issues and has increased my fps enough to allow me to run the game on high settings. so it doesn't really require the huge rig that people thought it initially did.

aoc doesn't currently have the traders working, which are the equiv. of wow's auction house. also, you cannot send in-game mail, yet either. these are both being worked on. these will be huge fixes, and boost the game's economy and community. they're supposedly almost fixed. they were taken down because a dupe exploit was found using the traders. these will probably be up within the week,

with that said, aoc is entirely more fun than wow is right now, to me. i'm having fun questing, because for the most part they're all new mobs, new tasks, new zones - there is still the classic "kill x amount of wolves" quests, though! :P the pvp is said to be superior in aoc, but i haven't really witnessed much of it. i try to avoid pvp because it kind of feels clunky to me, due to the active combat + button combo things required to execute combos attacks. the game is highly violent with heads being chopped off and throats being slashed, and has chicks running around with no shirts on, so you dont feel like youre playing some child's game like you do with wow.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:17:47 pm by warz »

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 12:22:37 pm »
I get "bored" of WoW, but I usually just go respec, roll another class or PvP.

*shrug*

70 Healadin
70 Resto Dr00d
62 ShS Rogue
48 Enhance Shaman
43 Shadow Priest
39 MM Hunter
30 Fury Warrior

I've got a few others, can't think of them off the top of my head.

[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 01:43:37 pm »
just taking a quick glance at the logon packets, the protocol looks very simple.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 03:42:04 pm »
1. Says you.
2. That's...not...funny. Sorry.

I found it rather hilarious, you see I knew from your first response to me you'd respond in a heated manner. You took the bait quite nicely, I'm only interested in having a discussion with warz, think of the chart as me politely brushing you off.

WoW doesn't exactly have a lot of instance content if you actually use your head and think about it. Since Naxx there has been nothing new as far as boss fights go, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that seeing as though you've never been into Naxx. Much less attuned for it.

Haha, is this your way of striking back? I give you pure genius (Actually not really, I recycled this same troll from Joe -- but whatever I don't feel like coming up with new content for someone who posts here maybe once a year), and you respond with "you have not seen the same pixels I have seen".

Well played. Well not really, but after all the insults I thought a compliment of sorts was in order.

Come on, let's be realistic: You're trying to justify your spending of money on a game which will  be remembered in history as "just another MMORPG".
It's pretty cute though, so by all means go on.
Why would I be heated? You're the one who's raged over the whole subject. I win either way you look at it because you're arguing with me over this. :P

I could honestly care less if WoW somehow were better than AoC, but from my experience (and I have a lot of it when it comes to WoW, seeing as I started playing back in like 1.3), AoC is better. However, it did take me till I got banned from WoW to realize this, but hey, better late than never.

experience does not equal the amount of time you've been at something.

for example you're like ten or eleven years  old, yet i've met five year olds with more common sense than you
so that alone invalidates your argument

you should leave now
Umm, I was "ten or eleven" somewhere around six years ago. Common sense has nothing to do with anything we're talking about here, stay on topic.

Krazed, unless your computer is somewhere along the lines of god like, don't try AoC. If you think it can handle it though I'd recommend giving it a go.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 04:16:50 pm »
err, you don't need a god like rig to run aoc. their patch this morning, and there's another one currently being published, helped my fps out a whole lot. i've got 2GB of RAM, 2.20 GHz dual core processor and an old 512MB video card, and i'm running the game on high settings getting about 30 fps constantly.

the game looks identical on minimal settings, too, but you just don't have the distance viewable thing - for example, the terrain abruptly ends somewhere in front of you. (it's not even that bad)

i'd say the recommended specs are about accurate now, for a tweaked high settings setup.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 04:48:31 pm »
yay, the traders and banks were fixed today! for the first time since release, this game will actually have an economy now! :)

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 05:05:26 pm »
lol, how are you playing? Server's aren't even up yet.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 05:06:34 pm »
oh, i'm not playing right now. just trolling the forums, and chilling on gamesurge. the patch notes were released, though.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 05:10:31 pm »
Oh. And eww @ Gaysurge.

LCIRC is where it's at.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 05:32:13 pm »
Man, I just learned about the active shield system. Maybe I'll quit getting pwnd in pvp, now.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 05:47:25 pm »
lol, yeah the shield system is pretty awesome but in the heat of battle I don't have time to be holding control and double tapping a w or d constantly. So I just leave my shield evenly balanced.