Author Topic: And people mock Bush. At least he hasnt visited "57 states"  (Read 7083 times)

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: And people mock Bush. At least he hasnt visited "57 states"
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 02:53:04 pm »
Seriously, McCain has gradually turned me off more and more.  Catering to the far right and flipflopping is unacceptable.  It does not comfort me to know all this considering the trust issues I have after Bush.

I'm currently on the fence.  November could go either way at this point in terms of my vote.  But I swear, it's Obama fanboys that piss me off the most because they are just like Apple fanboys in terms of discussion.  I'm liberal on social issues but a fiscal conservative, but when you make Bush as the centerpiece of your argument, group all conservatives together when clearly neo-conservatives != all conservatives... I'm naturally repelled.  I blame fanboys on both sides... you both bore me with the same old.

I have yet to get an answer from any Obama supporter who can tell me why electing someone who is for policies that will most definitely result in increased taxes... is going to boost the economy significantly.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:58:47 pm by Michael »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 03:14:03 pm »
I have yet to get an answer from any Obama supporter who can tell me why electing someone who is for policies that will most definitely result in increased taxes... is going to boost the economy significantly.

The economy is very complex.  Raising taxes won't necessarily hurt the economy, depending on what is done with the money.  Likewise, just lowering taxes won't necessarily help the economy.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 04:57:29 pm »
Obama and McCain are both fucking horrible. It's a matter of picking the lesser of the two evils. Obama only talks about "change", but his "change" is an even more centralized government, which isn't "change" at all. McCain's campaign is focused around the same ideas. As Hitler wrote in a few of his books or diaries or whatever; War = a more centralized government.

It doesn't matter who wins, I see it as 4 more years of the same. Though if Obama wins, the mainstream media might look at him in a much better light than Bush and give the illusion that his "change" is awesome, but it's just an illusion. Exactly like the illusion that we have two different candidates to choose from.

someone woke up on the wrong side of the logic bed today
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 05:02:22 pm »

Giving taxes as opposed to tax breaks to big businesses who were not even asking for tax breaks in the first place, who can afford them, and who quite frankly need them.

The middle class is getting fucked because they are stuck with low wages and high taxes, the lower class is fine due to the various agencies dealing with financial aid.

Middle Class tax cuts increase available spending money, which results in an energized economy.
This coupled with getting us out of a war which is costing us trillions, and creating millions of jobs by investing in alternative energies and expanding communications across the country.

You're essentially taxing the upper class, lowering taxes on the middle class, creating more jobs, and stopping a costly war which is getting us nowhere.
Now to add on to that, factor in the tax cuts for jobs who refuse to ship oversea and for jobs who invest in alternative energy and you have yourself incentive to preserve american jobs and protect the environment.

What exactly is wrong with this picture?
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 05:04:22 pm »

You accuse of fanboyism yet fail to educate yourself on issues which are readily available at Barack Obama's website.
It's that PDF thing, yea the one with the words.