Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 19369 times)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 06:58:23 pm »
there's no external reasons to trade because shits soulbound, and you can't get it off servers without xfering a char anyways. the only things to trade would be gold, pots, and enchants, and random items. those are all easily tradable over the AH.

and, trading characters for money is easily done via accounts.net, if you wanted to.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2008, 07:32:28 pm »
That makes me angry that SOJs are worth something again. I had dozens rotting on a bank character, when I quit they weren't worth shit.

Don't worry, those SOJs would still be worthless even if you had them. I'm talking about ladder SOJs, which are nearly impossible to find since ladder just reset and the only working dupes are insanely hard to do.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008, 08:18:33 pm »
Most of my comments were directed towards Diablo 2 within a year of 2001.  I think that Diablo 2 was accidentally a much better game than they had intended it to be.  Every change they have made since 2001, aside from patching cheats and exploits, has been for the worse.   

Unfortunately, I think this will continue through to Diablo 3.  Blizzard wants people hooked into the storyline, leveling, and questing.  They don't want you doing anything that puts unintelligent players at a significant disadvantage, and they don't want anyone profiting.  In my opinion, Blizzard has adopted a real fun-killing control freak attitude, geared towards those who live more in fantasy than reality, and are sensitive about possibly having their little fantasy world disturbed.

Diablo 2, at its best, was 60% trading, 30% dueling, 10% questing/regular gameplay.  I'm sure Blizzard will force Diablo 3 players to use their stupid game in the one way they see it should be used.  For me, no freedom means no fun.  And many of the changes I could see from the video just indicate a decreased level of player freedom.  For instance, by replacing potions with healing orbs dropped by monsters, etc.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 08:22:59 pm by Rule »

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 08:22:56 pm »
Heh, you'd probably appreciate the World of Warcraft Auction House a good deal then. Some people make their entire in-game "income" from the AH.

I've known rags to riches stories from those who take advantage of the AH. There's a lot of complaining about it on the WoW forums, sounds like your ballgame.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 01:25:15 am »
Heh, you'd probably appreciate the World of Warcraft Auction House a good deal then. Some people make their entire in-game "income" from the AH.

I've known rags to riches stories from those who take advantage of the AH. There's a lot of complaining about it on the WoW forums, sounds like your ballgame.
TheSickEmpire used to make 10's of thousands of gold on the WoW auction house in a matter of weeks from just marking up priced of things. It's insane how easily you can control the market in WoW if you know how.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 12:39:07 am »
Thasador here at blizzcon reporting in...

I was able to be one of the first to tryout the new playable demo Diablo III. I was able to get a lot of information so far in regards of skills, gameplay, graphics, dialog, NPC's, and more...

One of the more interesting things about the game play is the Character Stat Assigning. I was able to level up the Wizard and the Witchdocter to a few levels and noticed something strange.

I was able to talk to the lead director of the demo area and was no at liberty to say but was able to tell me that Character Stat assigning will be totally automatic. You will not have any control of which stats get increased. This greatly reduces stragety and builds for the near future when Diablo III gets announced.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15275

AND

Diablo III director Jay Wilson said today that the company does not have a great desire to charge a subscription fee for the upcoming revision of its multiplayer client Battle.net. However, the developer did note that Blizzard will likely monetize unknown features of the game.

"We are going to monetize features so that we get to make them," said Wilson. "We kind of have to."

Wilson noted that whatever the content would be, it would have an appropriate value to users.

Fans of map hacking and other Diablo II modifications have little to look forward to with the sequel, as Wilson shot down any talk of mod support.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55271

Wow... Blizzard killed two widely sought after games in one day!  That must be a new record of some sort.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 01:19:48 am »
boooooo.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 01:56:28 am »
Heh, doesn't surprise me at all. I have little faith in new games..

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 02:11:20 pm »
I have a feeling we will be talking about the good old days of computer games soon

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 02:16:29 pm »
I have a feeling we will be talking about the good old days of computer games soon
When you do, I'll welcome you to my world.

*goes back to playing on NES emulator*

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 02:40:21 pm »
Wow. @ blaze's quote: FUCK THAT.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 05:45:04 pm »
I was able to talk to the lead director of the demo area and was no at liberty to say but was able to tell me that Character Stat assigning will be totally automatic. You will not have any control of which stats get increased. This greatly reduces stragety and builds for the near future when Diablo III gets announced.
I'm gonna call BS on this one. "Enough str for gear, enough dex for max block (maybe!), the rest in vit, none in energy." != strategy
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 09:26:43 pm »
I'm gonna call BS on this one. "Enough str for gear, enough dex for max block (maybe!), the rest in vit, none in energy." != strategy
You're right, it isn't strategy, it's "stragety"!

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 09:43:12 pm »
Basically they would be eliminating a gap between noob and experienced players, removing one more step you have to learn while playing

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2008, 10:41:10 pm »
Being able to pick your own stats is pretty important to me, for it allows me to kill my opponents easier.  :>
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...